By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Retail Version of Battlefield 4 Will Still Run at 720p, 60 FPS, EA Representative Confirms

Interesting thread but I still wait to see the final builds of both versions.

Around the Network

"The original article by Game*Spark was updated with the following: After the review of the product during a Q&A session with the personnel at the DICE booth, we learned that the developer aims to have the same frame rate and resolution for the Xbox One and PS4 version. We modified the contents of the article to match. The final specifications are unknown until it will be officially published by EA DICE"

Now this thread looks even better. lol

Time to pack it up and move on down the road.

ninjablade said:
TheShape31 said:
Xbox U.

lets not go over board, xbox one is still several times more powerful the currentgen, but the machine is bottle necked by the choice of ram, developers will need a lot more time optimizing just to get it run along ps4, then you have a weaker gpu, its like a ps2 to xbox situation, which is pretty huge.

Still spouting nonsense. Yet you claim to know something about specs. GPGPus didnt exist in 2005 when current gen console specs were decided. I could keep going but thats all I really needed to say to prove you wrong. BTW its also been said thats its BS the PS4 version will be better.

"The original article by Game*Spark was updated with the following: After the review of the product during a Q&A session with the personnel at the DICE booth, we learned that the developer aims to have the same frame rate and resolution for the Xbox One and PS4 version. We modified the contents of the article to match. The final specifications are unknown until it will be officially published by EA DICE"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/gamescom-battlefield-4s-graphics-lacking-on-ps4

Nice IGN write up about PS4 version of BF4 lacking. I dont know why anyone who claims to know anything about specs would expect inferior hardware to put out superior graphics. PS4 cant even match what a quad core PC is needed to do.

allblue said:
Angelus said:
allblue said:
Angelus said:
Puppyroach said:
I wonder how many people in these threads actually ever care for quality of gameplay, and how many only look at graphics? When looking at the posters, you kind of feel sad for how the gaming industry has been reduced to this...

If all the fanboys on the internet fighting over how important visuals are, kicking up shitstorms over the difference between things like 900p and 1080p, and calling one system or another outdated crap were to be taken by their words then none of them have any business buying consoles and would really all be putting together their own PCs

I don't think the ps4 fans care about the graphical differences. Threads like these are aimed at signifying the power difference between ps4 and xboxone. 

As long as xbox fans claim that xboxone is as powerful as the ps4, comparison thread will keep popping up.

You are obviously a Xbox fan, as for me ill be gaming on my rig. So let me ask you this:

"If" multiplats runs at higher resolution and frame rate on ps4 than the xboxone (however marginal it is to one's interpretation), will you man up and acknowledge the difference?

You sir, should be a comedian

I am an Xbox fan, and if PS4 multiplats end up having higher visual quality than X1 games I have absolutely no problem with that. One, because I'll also own a PS4. Two, because as far as I'm concerned games could look like Uncharted 3 or Halo 4 forever and I'd still be more than happy. Not sure when exactly every gamer turned into a graphics nutjob, but games today look sensational. And three, because us Xbox fans get live on a magical cloud. So suck it!

I'm struggling to understand the tone you've constructed in your reply. If you really don't care and have no problem admitting  if the power diffèrence turn out to be true then I don't know why you've seemed to have taken it personally.

My point still stands that these comparison threads will continue as long as xboxone fans claim power parity with ps4. You don't speak for majority of the Xbox community.

"Suck it" what?

What did I take personal? I don't have to take something personal to be annoyed by it. And I never claimed to speak for anyone other than myself, so idk what the point of that statement is. 

As for the tone of my statement, I thought it was fairly obvious that the third point was just in there for laughs. The rest of it I meant seriously.

orniletter said:
I´m honest here:
I seriously don´t care about games running at either 720p or 1080p if the rest is up to snuff (Pikmin3 and W101 look gorgeus in 720p 60fps)

With that said: This pretty much confirms the power gap between the Bone and PS4 and could be problematic going down the line (for the XBox)

This doesn´t change anything for me though, I don´t care about Battlefield at all !

Not sure why this will be problematic for the X1.  Exactly how much resolution gap is there between the X1 and PS4.  Without that number "running a little above 720p" has no context and pretty much means nothing.  Also not knowing the shape of development for both systems, who can determine if the matter is just time and materials, driver problems or a combination of both.  

If last gen would have been determined by how successful developers were at bringing out PS3 games, I would think the debate would have ended very much on the first day.  Either way, one console performing better than another at launch could be to a number of different reasons including just more power.  Time will tell if this stays relevant or if both systems arch start to pay dividend later on.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
Angelus said:
Rumor threads full of people gloating about how shitty the X1 is never get old

x1 one is not shitty but if you want the best versions of mulltiplatform games, ps4 is where its at by a large margin,  50% stronger gpu, much faster ram made for gaming, and easier to develope for.

best versions of mulltiplatform games are always on PC

pezus said:
MB1025 said:
Johan Andersson doesn't confirm anything. He clearly reply's FALSE in the link quoted in the article. Plus the tweet/reply is from mid August. Now with that out of the way we have one Japanese website saying a "rep" told them that PS4 is at a higher resolution in the dev environment.

No confirmation any place else, but we are in this thread acting like it locked and confirmed what the final resolution is. Especially the ill comments on the first few pages.

No, that's not what this article says. 

He is replying FALSE to someone else on twitter. Do you use twitter? If you do, then you should know how it works and see that he is replying to someone else than the tweet he copied. This guy he is replying to probably said that the PS4 version would run at 720p, to which the rep said FALSE and copied the other tweet for proof.

And the Japanese website was talking about the One version, not the PS4.

You're at least the second guy in this thread calling others out without knowing what you're calling them out for.

You don't know what your talking about because you don't feel like actually reading.

1. The guy he mentioned in his tweet FuckeChoppe has 4 tweets ever. Never once did he tweet Johan Andersson.

2. Just because he posted the tweet along with his tweet doesn't mean he was using it as a source. Actually why would he use it as a source when the guy he quoted doesn't work for Dice and he actually does.

Do you get what I am saying. Why would Johan Andersson, the Frostbite Technical Director, quote some random guy on twitter to give confirmation to another random guy about which version runs better? The answer is he wasn't.

And now we have confirmation both are going to run the same. So I guess I don't know what I am talking about right?

dane007 said:
his account has said those rumors are false . :)

You need to find the what @FuckeChoppe said first... he is sayin false to something said by him.

What I think happened was is that fuckechoppe guy asked Johan Andersson about the game and used that tweet in question as a reference. That is when he got a reply of False.

Like I stated above the Frostbite Technical Director would just come out and say one way or another. he wouldn't quote some random guy on twitter.

Not to mention it doesn't matter anymore because it is cleared up and they run the same.

fighter said:

and in which the gloating was mostly from PS3 fans

this is hardly double standards, more like no standards

Goddamned gloaters!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’