By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Retail Version of Battlefield 4 Will Still Run at 720p, 60 FPS, EA Representative Confirms

Angelus said:
Puppyroach said:
I wonder how many people in these threads actually ever care for quality of gameplay, and how many only look at graphics? When looking at the posters, you kind of feel sad for how the gaming industry has been reduced to this...

If all the fanboys on the internet fighting over how important visuals are, kicking up shitstorms over the difference between things like 900p and 1080p, and calling one system or another outdated crap were to be taken by their words then none of them have any business buying consoles and would really all be putting together their own PCs

I don't think the ps4 fans care about the graphical differences. Threads like these are aimed at signifying the power difference between ps4 and xboxone. 

As long as xbox fans claim that xboxone is as powerful as the ps4, comparison thread will keep popping up.

You are obviously a Xbox fan, as for me ill be gaming on my rig. So let me ask you this:

"If" multiplats runs at higher resolution and frame rate on ps4 than the xboxone (however marginal it is to one's interpretation), will you man up and acknowledge the difference?

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Around the Network

So much for hopes of a native 1080p standard.

pezus said:
fighter said:
pezus said:

That's because most of the Xbox fans have accepted that the rumours are ridiculous at this point. My threads were from a guy who obviously has no idea what he is talking about. But, when you see threads from people that are supposedly more reliable you can see what I said.

I can a few exceptionally fan among x1 followers, hardly representative. Several of your most active posters make the Selnor type of activity look as a beginners, and keep on posting without issue.

I don't grasp your implication. It has already been proven in this very thread that you view people as troll very quickly, even before fact-checking yourself, so you're probably not the best one to judge who should be banned and who not.

OP took away this sentence from the article :

(which, mind you, is not a confirmation that the retail PS4 version will run at a resolution over 720p. It just means that it’ll be optimized before launch, and then we’ll see).

Grasp the implication now ?

I´m honest here:
I seriously don´t care about games running at either 720p or 1080p if the rest is up to snuff (Pikmin3 and W101 look gorgeus in 720p 60fps)

With that said: This pretty much confirms the power gap between the Bone and PS4 and could be problematic going down the line (for the XBox)

This doesn´t change anything for me though, I don´t care about Battlefield at all !

pezus said:

Except 1080p is a 125% higher resolution than 720p

Battlefield 4 won´t run at 1080p on the PS4

What could realistically happen (imo) is that we see 900p vs 1080p (as in games that are designed to run at 1080p in the PS4 will be 900p native on the XBone)

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
iamdeath said:
Frank_kc said:
Yesterday it was Watchdogs, and today it is BF4. Both are the definitive versions on PS4.

No need to compare specs anymore, the games speaks up :)

Funny how xbox fans were saying that, now more and more it looks like they games show a clear PS4 advantage.

Funny that in both case it was just a personal assumption based on a litle word of mouth, with no confirmation.

Any way, however were the PS4 advantages we won´t see 50% more any thing in any game. The diferences will be marginal.

Except 1080p is a 125% higher resolution than 720p

lmao. dear oh dear.

So 125% more pixels requires 50% more "power"? or does it require 125% more "power"? or does it require 10% more "power"?

Stop playing silly little games with numbers.

The difference still stands, if it confirmed to be true xboxone equally powerful as ps4 arguments will be void.

Stop playing silly little games with words. Put some substance to your argument.

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

allblue said:
Angelus said:
Puppyroach said:
I wonder how many people in these threads actually ever care for quality of gameplay, and how many only look at graphics? When looking at the posters, you kind of feel sad for how the gaming industry has been reduced to this...

If all the fanboys on the internet fighting over how important visuals are, kicking up shitstorms over the difference between things like 900p and 1080p, and calling one system or another outdated crap were to be taken by their words then none of them have any business buying consoles and would really all be putting together their own PCs

I don't think the ps4 fans care about the graphical differences. Threads like these are aimed at signifying the power difference between ps4 and xboxone. 

As long as xbox fans claim that xboxone is as powerful as the ps4, comparison thread will keep popping up.

You are obviously a Xbox fan, as for me ill be gaming on my rig. So let me ask you this:

"If" multiplats runs at higher resolution and frame rate on ps4 than the xboxone (however marginal it is to one's interpretation), will you man up and acknowledge the difference?

You sir, should be a comedian

I am an Xbox fan, and if PS4 multiplats end up having higher visual quality than X1 games I have absolutely no problem with that. One, because I'll also own a PS4. Two, because as far as I'm concerned games could look like Uncharted 3 or Halo 4 forever and I'd still be more than happy. Not sure when exactly every gamer turned into a graphics nutjob, but games today look sensational. And three, because us Xbox fans get live on a magical cloud. So suck it!

Moderated - Kresnik.

Angelus said:
allblue said:
Angelus said:
Puppyroach said:

You sir, should be a comedian

I am an Xbox fan, and if PS4 multiplats end up having higher visual quality than X1 games I have absolutely no problem with that. One, because I'll also own a PS4. Two, because as far as I'm concerned games could look like Uncharted 3 or Halo 4 forever and I'd still be more than happy. Not sure when exactly every gamer turned into a graphics nutjob, but games today look sensational. And three, because us Xbox fans get live on a magical cloud. So suck it!

I'm struggling to understand the tone you've constructed in your reply. If you really don't care and have no problem admitting  if the power diffèrence turn out to be true then I don't know why you've seemed to have taken it personally.

My point still stands that these comparison threads will continue as long as xboxone fans claim power parity with ps4. You don't speak for majority of the Xbox community.

"Suck it" what?

Johan Andersson doesn't confirm anything. He clearly reply's FALSE in the link quoted in the article. Plus the tweet/reply is from mid August. Now with that out of the way we have one Japanese website saying a "rep" told them that PS4 is at a higher resolution in the dev environment.

No confirmation any place else, but we are in this thread acting like it locked and confirmed what the final resolution is. Especially the ill comments on the first few pages.

Is this another one of those threads that i'm going to have to shut down?

Try me, people.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.