By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week. [PART 2]

Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week.

Yes 32 40.00%

No 25 31.25%

See Results 20 25.00%

Total:77
pezus said:
Kaizar said:
pezus said:
Lawlight said:

1. The gap will only increase over time. At the end of of the day, the only franchise that sold as much as it's predecessor so far is Fire Emblem.

2. As I said before, GTAV won't sell 75M just because the userbase tripled since GTAIV. At some point, userbase size doesn't matter.

3. SM64DS is still a port of an N64 fame.

4. Lol, no. Honestly, some people even think that Pokemon's lifetime sales will beat GTAV's first week sales.

And worse, some people believe Pokemon even has a chance at selling more FW. I wonder why they came to VGChartz, and how they have not learned anything about game sales while being here

Pokémon X & Y will beat Grand Theft Auto 5 in lifetime sells, just not in first week sells.

Want to bet?

Black & White already sold 16 million after 2 years, but a lot of Pokémon gamers skipped Black & White. And X & Y are the first Pokémon games with 3D graphics, and it is also in stereoscopic 3D and it's the first Pokemon game to be in surround sound, and it has a lot of nostalgia like catching a wild pikachu and it has Mega Evolutions & a new type and so fort, and many other new features that just draws so many gamers in.

And then there are new gamers as well as old gamers playing this as their first Pokemon game because of the 3D effect.

So isn't a minimal of 20 million (for X & Y) greater then whatever GTA5 lifetime sells will be?

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
pezus said:

And worse, some people believe Pokemon even has a chance at selling more FW. I wonder why they came to VGChartz, and how they have not learned anything about game sales while being here

Pokémon X & Y will beat Grand Theft Auto 5 in lifetime sells, just not in first week sells.

I'll make a bet. If you lose you have to permaban yourself.

Mass murder, social satire & bank robbery Vs the most varied cock fighting game. Umm hard to say but probably not.

It's a completely absurd notion that Pokémon X and Y should be able to seel more than 17 million copies the first week. That would mean a sale to more than half of all systems sold.

GTAV is selling to just 1/9th of PS360 systems out there.

Podings said:
It's a completely absurd notion that Pokémon X and Y should be able to seel more than 17 million copies the first week. That would mean a sale to more than half of all systems sold.

GTAV is selling to just 1/9th of PS360 systems out there.

Thanks you, and the first week sales would only be 1 or so days on VGchartz.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Kaizar said:

Black & White already sold 16 million after 2 years, but a lot of Pokémon gamers skipped Black & White. And X & Y are the first Pokémon games with 3D graphics, and it is also in stereoscopic 3D and it's the first Pokemon game to be in surround sound, and it has a lot of nostalgia like catching a wild pikachu and it has Mega Evolutions & a new type and so fort, and many other new features that just draws so many gamers in.

And then there are new gamers as well as old gamers playing this as their first Pokemon game because of the 3D effect.

So isn't a minimal of 20 million (for X & Y) greater then whatever GTA5 lifetime sells will be?

No. GTAV sold 17.5m in a week. It will sell over 30m lifetime.

What's GTA San Andreas lifetime sells?

Kaizar said:
pezus said:
Kaizar said:

Roughly 23 million in total. Why?

brendude13 said:
Kaizar said:
pezus said:
Kaizar said:

Roughly 23 million in total. Why?

I can see X & Y maybe outdoing that, but if it's 27.5 that San Andreas got and 5 does around the same then I would say that 5 will have greater lifetime sells.

At this point I see both GTA5 & X/Y having unknown lifetime sells no less then 20 million each.

But both do seem out of the realm of predictability.

But I honestly don't even see GTA5 doing 30 million lifetime sells.

I guess the first week of January 2K14 would be a good time to at least see how much more sells they will get at a steady rate after their first holiday.

Can we at least wait 90 days before we have anymore talks about GTA5 vs. X/Y sells?

Only way GTA 5 has a chance of doing 30 million is if it releases on 5 more platforms

Not too sure. While Pokemon is a monster franchise (no pun intended) and the game is sold in two versions, GTA V is also a beast. It will be a good battle, but GTA V will most likely come out on top.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5