By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week. [PART 2]

Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week.

Yes 32 40.00%

No 25 31.25%

See Results 20 25.00%

Total:77
menx64 said:
Seece said:
menx64 said:
In an ideal world it should... not happening though... Lifetime maybe... GTA is even more casual than pokemon.

Why "should" it? exactly?

murder & drug dealing (GTA main draws) are not what I would consider ideally fun to play

GTA's main draw is sandbox play with humor.

The story line is pure satire.

Same thing that draws people to minecraft, with a mateur skin that lacks legos'

Otherwise they dont care about the shooting mechanics

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
menx64 said:
Seece said:
menx64 said:
In an ideal world it should... not happening though... Lifetime maybe... GTA is even more casual than pokemon.

murder & drug dealing (GTA main draws) are not what I would consider ideally fun to play

GTA's main draw is sandbox play with humor.

The story line is pure satire.

Same thing that draws people to minecraft, with a mateur skin that lacks legos'

Otherwise they dont care about the shooting mechanics

Sorry yes, the main draw is that the games is a sandbox where you murder freely, sell/buy drugs and commit crimes like there is no tomorrow...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Some people like to laugh. Still GTAV is the most graphic the series has ever been. Used to be more tongue in cheek lol

tbone51 said:

AC New Leaf is ahead in japan by a huge margin. AC New leaf might be in the top 10 most sold games ever in japan. Luigi's Mansion 2 is about to track over the original. MK7 is doing extremely well. It surpassed other MK right? It wont surpass DS version but does that mean its not selling no more? Come on, if every title had to surpass the one before than almost every game would be considered declining

SM3DW is doing great as well, it will surpass SM64DS. MH4 is doing extremely well. It'll at LEAST be 2nd highest of all MH in japan lifetime. I know we made a bet on it. Pokemon XY will sell more than your prediction lifetime, im not worried.

1. AC:NL may be ahead in Japan but the drop in other regions means that the sales dropped massively from WW to NL.

2. Good to see that you agree that it won't surpass the DS version. That's another example of sales dropping on a franchise.

3. It's great that SM3DW will surpass SM64DS - a port of an N64 game. How is doing compared to NSMB (DS) though?

4. As of right now, MH4 isn't in the Top 2 yet in Japan. We will see about that in the future.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

AC New Leaf is ahead in japan by a huge margin. AC New leaf might be in the top 10 most sold games ever in japan. Luigi's Mansion 2 is about to track over the original. MK7 is doing extremely well. It surpassed other MK right? It wont surpass DS version but does that mean its not selling no more? Come on, if every title had to surpass the one before than almost every game would be considered declining

SM3DW is doing great as well, it will surpass SM64DS. MH4 is doing extremely well. It'll at LEAST be 2nd highest of all MH in japan lifetime. I know we made a bet on it. Pokemon XY will sell more than your prediction lifetime, im not worried.

1. AC:NL may be ahead in Japan but the drop in other regions means that the sales dropped massively from WW to NL.

2. Good to see that you agree that it won't surpass the DS version. That's another example of sales dropping on a franchise.

3. It's great that SM3DW will surpass SM64DS - a port of an N64 game. How is doing compared to NSMB (DS) though?

4. As of right now, MH4 isn't in the Top 2 yet in Japan. We will see about that in the future.

To all your Statements 1. AC new leaf is ahead in every region, so wat are you talking about? Even without digital its ahead. I think the problem is your looking at WW. AC wild world launch in US at around the same time as japan. This means obviously WW sales are ahead. But line up every region, AC on 3ds is winning. Remember digital sales are big with AC. Here you go... http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Animal+Crossing%3A+New+Leaf+%283DS%29+%5B71137%5D&game%5B%5D=Animal+Crossing%3A+Wild+World+%28DS%29+%5B82%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

2. Dropping Franchises? Really? How much Do you expect It to sell when the user base is 30mil vs 150mil? Think of attach ratios. lots of games are doing good with a 30mil user base. Vita hasn't sold nothing yet AC liberation has a great attach ratio. Its not a multi mil seller right? so is the franchise going down? of course not. Obviously not alll 3ds games are going to be as high as ds games simply because of user base. MK7 is a huge success. Brain Age is wat you call a decline franchise, even Nintendogs+cats even though it sold over 3mil.

3. Just cuz it has the name mario in it doesn't mean its the same just like you pointed our SM64DS isnt. NSMB2 is the comparable game. And yes NSMB was such a major success. You do realize some games your mentioning are in the top 10 highest selling games of all time right? You really think every successor is suppose to outsell it?

4. Yes we will see... Last thing. Your going to regret pokemon's 12mil prediction. Its going to be fun reminding you lol

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

To all your Statements 1. AC new leaf is ahead in every region, so wat are you talking about? Even without digital its ahead. I think the problem is your looking at WW. AC wild world launch in US at around the same time as japan. This means obviously WW sales are ahead. But line up every region, AC on 3ds is winning. Remember digital sales are big with AC. Here you go... http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/game_comparison.php?reg=USA&ending=Cumulative&game%5B%5D=Animal+Crossing%3A+New+Leaf+%283DS%29+%5B71137%5D&game%5B%5D=Animal+Crossing%3A+Wild+World+%28DS%29+%5B82%5D&game%5B%5D=&game%5B%5D=

2. Dropping Franchises? Really? How much Do you expect It to sell when the user base is 30mil vs 150mil? Think of attach ratios. lots of games are doing good with a 30mil user base. Vita hasn't sold nothing yet AC liberation has a great attach ratio. Its not a multi mil seller right? so is the franchise going down? of course not. Obviously not alll 3ds games are going to be as high as ds games simply because of user base. MK7 is a huge success. Brain Age is wat you call a decline franchise, even Nintendogs+cats even though it sold over 3mil.

3. Just cuz it has the name mario in it doesn't mean its the same just like you pointed our SM64DS isnt. NSMB2 is the comparable game. And yes NSMB was such a major success. You do realize some games your mentioning are in the top 10 highest selling games of all time right? You really think every successor is suppose to outsell it?

4. Yes we will see... Last thing. Your going to regret pokemon's 12mil prediction. Its going to be fun reminding you lol

1. The gap will only increase over time. At the end of of the day, the only franchise that sold as much as it's predecessor so far is Fire Emblem.

2. As I said before, GTAV won't sell 75M just because the userbase tripled since GTAIV. At some point, userbase size doesn't matter.

3. SM64DS is still a port of an N64 fame.

4. Lol, no. Honestly, some people even think that Pokemon's lifetime sales will beat GTAV's first week sales.

It will sell well but no chance of beating GTA

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

menx64 said:
Seece said:
menx64 said:

murder & drug dealing (GTA main draws) are not what I would consider ideally fun to play.

lol drug dealing, I wasn't aware you could do that in GTA.

Stupid reasoning.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

1. The gap will only increase over time. At the end of of the day, the only franchise that sold as much as it's predecessor so far is Fire Emblem.

2. As I said before, GTAV won't sell 75M just because the userbase tripled since GTAIV. At some point, userbase size doesn't matter.

4. Lol, no. Honestly, some people even think that Pokemon's lifetime sales will beat GTAV's first week sales.

1. Do you not see AC #s? AC wild world had a holiday in US while AC new leaf on 3DS hasn't yet and its up right now. Japan has about a mil digital sales which means its currently 4.5mil vs WW 3.5mil at the same time as launch. Why cant you accept its doing much better?

2. Yes userbase doesn't matter but it obviously holds back. GCN (21mil user base) had 7.07mil people that bought SSBM vs 12mil users that bought SSBB for Wii (100mil user base). Its way more impressive that 7.07mil bought it on that user base then Wii's. 3DS has some good successful games. I dont know why you think every game has to sell more wen the odds are going yo be very slim. If vita had the same franchise game as psp but didn't sell half of wat it did is it bad? no. This means you think every WiiU game will do bad wen its obvious only like a handful of titles will beat Wii's games lifetime. Thats not really fair.

3. Ok we know its a port, funny thing though it almost sold as much as the original. Name 1 non nintendo game that did that? SM3DL is different from NSMB. Comparing its sales shouldn't count as much like comparing NSMB2. Its a whole new game.

4. Some people have crazy predictions yes, we all kno. You shouldn't compare everybody the same. Butttttt your laughing at something that might actually happen. So like i said, your 12mil sales will be the laughable topic wen its brought up. Im still telling you 14mil is the least its going to sell lifetime, it can sell up to 20mil. Am I saying its going to? No but its not impossible. My safe bet is 17.5mil which only reason we compare it to GTA is because of this thread that one person made. Since we will never stop arguing lets end this with pokemon! What do you say? Your 12mil vs my 14mil-20mil? Loser makes an entire thread how wrong they were lol!

pezus said:
Lawlight said:

And worse, some people believe Pokemon even has a chance at selling more FW. I wonder why they came to VGChartz, and how they have not learned anything about game sales while being here

Pokémon X & Y will beat Grand Theft Auto 5 in lifetime sells, just not in first week sells.