By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week. [PART 2]

Who feels Pokemon XY can beat GTA V sells numbers in the first week.

Yes 32 40.00%

No 25 31.25%

See Results 20 25.00%

Total:77

Lawlight Said:
How can you tell what hype the game is getting? That would be just pure anecdotal evidence. Whether the game is the best Pokemon since the original 2 is just a matter of opinion - in this case, your opinion.
There is literally nothing that points to it besting the previous DS Pokemon games, let alone GTAV.
Also, how do you explain the low preorder numbers from VGChartz? Surely they can't off by 200% or more.

Tbone51 said:

im not comparing it to gta5, how can you say its going to decline? Where is your proof? I play/understand pokemon. My prediction is much more accurate (no offense). Also why are we comparing it more towards BW? Diamond/Pearl is a better comparison. Ask any pokemon fan and they tell you why. But i guess i'll just explain it. BW had 50mil User Base vs 3DS 9mil user base. Of course pre orders are higher. Diamond/Pearl is the first new generation to come outband within 3 years of DS Life. Your pre order statement isn't a fair comparison. Thats like if Assassin Creed 4 pre orders on X1/PS4 are suppose to be close to that of Assassin Creed 3 pre orders on PS3/X360.

Around the Network

Pokémon X & Y will have greater lifetime sells then GTA V, but the first week sells I would say its GTA V that will be better.

But you never know with the first sales of Pokémon 6th Gen, but I just wouldn't count on it.

tbone51 said:

im not comparing it to gta5, how can you say its going to decline? Where is your proof? I play/understand pokemon. My prediction is much more accurate (no offense). Also why are we comparing it more towards BW? Diamond/Pearl is a better comparison. Ask any pokemon fan and they tell you why. But i guess i'll just explain it. BW had 50mil User Base vs 3DS 9mil user base. Of course pre orders are higher. Diamond/Pearl is the first new generation to come outband within 3 years of DS Life. Your pre order statement isn't a fair comparison. Thats like if Assassin Creed 4 pre orders on X1/PS4 are suppose to be close to that of Assassin Creed 3 pre orders on PS3/X360.

You can't compare ACIV preorders on the PS4/X1 to ACIII's preorders on the PS3/360 because PS3 and 360 versions of ACIV exists. Sales are proportionate to the user after a while. For example, the user base for GTA5 is now more than twice was it was when GTA4 came out. Does that mean that GTA5 will sell 50M? No.

Also, comparing X/Y to Diamond/Pearl is wrong because then there was no mobile devices to compete against. I think you're in for a very rude awakening. Nintendo games are selling less and less. 2 more weeks.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

You can't compare ACIV preorders on the PS4/X1 to ACIII's preorders on the PS3/360 because PS3 and 360 versions of ACIV exists. Sales are proportionate to the user after a while. For example, the user base for GTA5 is now more than twice was it was when GTA4 came out. Does that mean that GTA5 will sell 50M? No.

Also, comparing X/Y to Diamond/Pearl is wrong because then there was no mobile devices to compete against. I think you're in for a very rude awakening. Nintendo games are selling less and less. 2 more weeks.

What??? Diamond/Pearlis the best comparison. Ask anybody here that knows pokemon. Also You think X/Y will sell much lower but it wont. Some games are ahead though. AC new leaf is tracking ahead in Japan by a large margin(of Wild World a DS Title). Fire Emblem on 3DS is the only one the surpassed a mil(of the franchise). Those are two examples that games are moving up from last gen. Pokemon XY will outsell BW as well. Just for your statement of 12mil (i believe you posted this lifetime a couple pages ago). Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver sold 11.5mil and it had lower pre orders than XY. So does this mean by your logic XY sell more than 12mil?

A Rude awakening is coming, but not from me lol. Pokemon XY isn't go to sell less than 13mil lifetime, i guarantee it!!!

I don't know about first week. Fact is, Nintendo fans generally don't mass pre-order as much as many of the brocore gamers do. Gamestop Kids always pre-order all of the super-hyped "AAA" titles ever year. So I don't know if it'll beat the sales for Week 1.

But lifetime sales? It will absolutely beat it.

Around the Network

Kids would rather plat gta than Pokemon nowadays

tbone51 said:

What??? Diamond/Pearlis the best comparison. Ask anybody here that knows pokemon. Also You think X/Y will sell much lower but it wont. Some games are ahead though. AC new leaf is tracking ahead in Japan by a large margin(of Wild World a DS Title). Fire Emblem on 3DS is the only one the surpassed a mil(of the franchise). Those are two examples that games are moving up from last gen. Pokemon XY will outsell BW as well. Just for your statement of 12mil (i believe you posted this lifetime a couple pages ago). Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver sold 11.5mil and it had lower pre orders than XY. So does this mean by your logic XY sell more than 12mil?

A Rude awakening is coming, but not from me lol. Pokemon XY isn't go to sell less than 13mil lifetime, i guarantee it!!!

A lot of Pokemon/Nintendo fans here are refusing to accept that Nintendo's games won't sell as much as they did on the Wii/DS combo. AC:NL is still tracking behind AC:WW according to vgchartz. Fire Emblem: Awakening is just one of the rare exceptions that managed to marginally best its previous installments.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

A lot of Pokemon/Nintendo fans here are refusing to accept that Nintendo's games won't sell as much as they did on the Wii/DS combo. AC:NL is still tracking behind AC:WW according to vgchartz. Fire Emblem: Awakening is just one of the rare exceptions that managed to marginally best its previous installments.

AC New Leaf is ahead in japan by a huge margin. AC New leaf might be in the top 10 most sold games ever in japan. Luigi's Mansion 2 is about to track over the original. MK7 is doing extremely well. It surpassed other MK right? It wont surpass DS version but does that mean its not selling no more? Come on, if every title had to surpass the one before than almost every game would be considered declining

SM3DW is doing great as well, it will surpass SM64DS. MH4 is doing extremely well. It'll at LEAST be 2nd highest of all MH in japan lifetime. I know we made a bet on it. Pokemon XY will sell more than your prediction lifetime, im not worried.

Seece said:
menx64 said:
In an ideal world it should... not happening though... Lifetime maybe... GTA is even more casual than pokemon.

Why "should" it? exactly?

murder & drug dealing (GTA main draws) are not what I would consider ideally fun to play.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

You cant play Pokemon XY on a smartphone....