By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [CONFIRMED] Marious (Ryse) Polygon Count Downgrade from 150K to 85K

Tagged games:

think-man said:

Better performance is a good trade off. I hate a game that doesnt run well but looks pretty.

Visions of the Genesis version of Sword of Sodon dance in my head:

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
think-man said:

Better performance is a good trade off. I hate a game that doesnt run well but looks pretty.

Visions of the Genesis version of Sword of Sodan dance in my head:

Did you like that game? It looks horrible xD 

think-man said:
richardhutnik said:
think-man said:

Visions of the Genesis version of Sword of Sodon dance in my head:

Did you like that game? It looks horrible xD 

Doesn't run well but looks pretty is what put Sword of Sodon in my mine.  And that is why I posted it.

Option- said:
This will be the most overrated game of the next gen.

Glad to hear someone anticipates good scores from the critics.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JoeTheBro said:
J_Allard said:
Killzone downgrade yesterday and Ryse today. As we get closer to launch, these consoles aren't stacking up it seems.

Please stop trolling. How was Killzone downgraded exactly?

I'm trolling by pointing out 2 games recently downgraded, 1 on each platform? Am I trolling downgraded games or something?

KZ6 was downgraded by going from "60FPS in MP" to "60FPS sometimes in MP". I hope that helps, because I won't respond about KZ again.

Around the Network

I can't wait for the Next gen consoles to come out so people can stop talking about them in a biased way

..... like that ever going to happen , the fanboys are worse than football fanboys.

Hmmm, as long as the over all game is fun I don't really care how many polygons it has.

J_Allard said:
JoeTheBro said:
J_Allard said:
Killzone downgrade yesterday and Ryse today. As we get closer to launch, these consoles aren't stacking up it seems.

I'm trolling by pointing out 2 games recently downgraded, 1 on each platform? Am I trolling downgraded games or something?

KZ6 was downgraded by going from "60FPS in MP" to "60FPS sometimes in MP". I hope that helps, because I won't respond about KZ again.

It was already stated that it gone from 30 fps for SP and MP, to trying to push 60 fps on MP to alot of time on 60 fps on MP... so maybe your aren't being honest.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

J_Allard said:
JoeTheBro said:
J_Allard said:

I see you probably won't respond, but at least read this. Killzone did not go from 60FPS to 60FPS sometimes. The developer was being honest and saying it didn't have a locked frame rate, just like almost every 60fps game. When a dev says something is 60fps, they are saying it's 60fps sometimes. That's how it works.

Look at Call of Duty. Everyone calls it a 60fps game right? It's still running below 60fps a lot of the time.

(multiplayer runs closer to 60, but I couldn't find that video on youtube)

If the game is locked at 60fps, they will go out of their way to specifically say it's a locked/solid/whatever 60fps. It's similar to saying HD verse full HD. If Guerrilla said it was a locked 60, and then switched to unlocked, you would be absolutely correct about a downgrade. However as far as I've read(love to be proven wrong), they have always just said 60fps. At launch the multiplayer might have horrible frame rates, I don't know. The comment however about 60fps "a lot of the time" doesn't prove anything.

Do people really think that KZ developers did not have to downgrade the graphics from the Singleplayer to get mostly 60fps in the MP.

No on point. So from my understanding, Crytek decided that instead of going for the highest poly count for the main character which used various LOD to the ingame character you probably play, they decided to go probably with the ingame playing character at 85K with no LOD,. Its the same model no matter what you are watching. They stated they wanted to add more shadows and probably more effects that make the model look better than having the highest poly. Textures, lighting and shadows have a way better effect on a model then the amount of polys. What is always a problem in threads like this is people always think the highest number is the best in all situations when balance is a much better approach.

Its also seem obvious that each thread that contains anything MS related created by the OP, you can be sure is looking for negative spin on anything MS related.