By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [CONFIRMED] Marious (Ryse) Polygon Count Downgrade from 150K to 85K

Tagged games:

One small off topic point. Comparing a 60FPS game to a 30FPS game is silly. Drive Club still runs at 30. No matter what the developer is reaching for, its still 30FPS locked because the developer said so. Before people can start to compare Drive Club to Forza 5, it needs to run 60FPS because if not, then its not on the same level.

Around the Network

Machiavellian said:
Do people really think that KZ developers did not have to downgrade the graphics from the Singleplayer to get mostly 60fps in the MP.

If something happened then the SP updrage to a new level becasuse the MP targeting 60fps showed at Gamecom is better in graphics terms than SP showed at E3 @ 30fps.

Machiavellian said:
Do people really think that KZ developers did not have to downgrade the graphics from the Singleplayer to get mostly 60fps in the MP.

No on point. So from my understanding, Crytek decided that instead of going for the highest poly count for the main character which used various LOD to the ingame character you probably play, they decided to go probably with the ingame playing character at 85K with no LOD,. Its the same model no matter what you are watching. They stated they wanted to add more shadows and probably more effects that make the model look better than having the highest poly. Textures, lighting and shadows have a way better effect on a model then the amount of polys. What is always a problem in threads like this is people always think the highest number is the best in all situations when balance is a much better approach.

Its also seem obvious that each thread that contains anything MS related created by the OP, you can be sure is looking for negative spin on anything MS related.

Most people don't think more is always better, but your comparison is fail, how from 30 fps to 60 fps is a downgrade? The worst you could say is that they are doing a trade in, less effect for higher framerates...

In the case of OP, less polygon with possible better effects, will have to wait and see to confirm.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

J_Allard said:
JoeTheBro said:
J_Allard said:
Killzone downgrade yesterday and Ryse today. As we get closer to launch, these consoles aren't stacking up it seems.

Please stop trolling. How was Killzone downgraded exactly?

I'm trolling by pointing out 2 games recently downgraded, 1 on each platform? Am I trolling downgraded games or something?

KZ6 was downgraded by going from "60FPS in MP" to "60FPS sometimes in MP". I hope that helps, because I won't respond about KZ again.

kill mp is 60fps majority of the time,not,sometimes its 60fps... its sometimes drops to slightly less.its basically 60fps with beautiful rendering,, but ryse did take a monster sized  downgrade,ive never seen/heard of a size like that before imo. still looks ok but thats alot to cut back

Machiavellian said:
One small off topic point. Comparing a 60FPS game to a 30FPS game is silly. Drive Club still runs at 30. No matter what the developer is reaching for, its still 30FPS locked because the developer said so. Before people can start to compare Drive Club to Forza 5, it needs to run 60FPS because if not, then its not on the same level.

and thats a big reason why dc looks better,but we're all aware of this. personally 30 to me is still very stable/playable and all the added bells/whistles without cutting corners

Around the Network
DestructorGT said:
ethomaz said:

FiliusDei said:

I think DC has beautiful lighting but is no where near forza in the looks department. Will have to wait until launch to make comparisons.

That's from direct feed from GamesCom (DC) and Eurogamer (Forza 5)... there is a new build of DC after GamesCom too.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_driveclub-23124-2662_0010.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_forza_motorsport_5-23307-2721_0006.jpg

Drive club- better lightning and (environment debatable) 

Forza - better car models and physics( oh i forgot sounds)

yeap beside lightning nothing looks better in that comparison... everything as a fake feel in DC when it's not flat out terrible looking like the car or the mountain... but then again it's a f2p... i'm not worried for forza against that thing.... now what is the issue with motion blur exactly??? over 100mph even IRL your peripheral vision is blured... to me as much of a technical downgrade it might be it is a more realistical representation of things....if you are racing not sight seeing....

but you can have it DC looks better than forza if you want... fact is even if i had access to both game on XB i'd still pick up forza with no hesitation over DC all things considered... but hey have fun with your f2p it's better than no eacing games at all right...

now on op.... well pretty sure things will look better with less poly than with more... if it was a static 3d model it would matter... but in that case better mesh and animation of each poly is more important than total poly count if more meant more static parts etc... if you noticed the rest didn't change so it means less poly are doing more stuff in real time than just seat there (to put it in noob terms)

im afraid to say I have not got a good feeling about this!!!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ethomaz said:

FiliusDei said:

I think DC has beautiful lighting but is no where near forza in the looks department. Will have to wait until launch to make comparisons.

That's from direct feed from GamesCom (DC) and Eurogamer (Forza 5)... there is a new build of DC after GamesCom too.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_driveclub-23124-2662_0010.jpg
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_forza_motorsport_5-23307-2721_0006.jpg

It is obvious, just judging by these pictures, that Forza wins, i mean look at it, the Forza car is clearly going faster.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Looks like someone used Paint on their PC to draw those clouds in Drive Club. Someone got a little to happy with the spray can.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

HMMM