By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW +SW Up! 21st September 2013 (GTA V Week) ~336k PS3 ~180K X360

Chandler said:

Except that they dumped seven more months of development time into it. Seven more months of develoment costs and salary. Seven months in which Ancels team could have worked on another project (Hello BG&E2 and goodbye). Seven months the game could have been on the market by now, releasing in a better situation on a platform that didn't have a significant release in months. Not to mention that they alienated a bunch of people with how they timed and handled the whole multiplatform/delay situation.

It's a shame that your school knowledge of subtraction and addition isn't quite enough to accurately display interactions between events in the real world.

While I think the whole idea that Wii U fans didn't buy Rayman out of spite is a little ridiculous, why do people seem to act like that idea only applies to the Wii U.  Perhaps they alienated PS3/360 fans by initially ignoring them, and then releasing a game that had much of its gameplay centered around an accessory they don't have.

Maybe if it had started as a PS3/360 game it could have released last year since they already had the engine and experience.  Perhaps Ancel would already be knee deep in BG&E2 development.  Now I don't think this would have actually been the case, but these hypotheticals swing both ways.

Also I really doubt those 7 extra months of development had costs 166% higher than the initial development cost.  Especially when all year people have been arguing about how these Wii U ports selling less than 100k were actually profitable and worth putting out.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
Wonderful 101 is a flop, who wasn't surprised.......I'm just hoping platinum games starts supporting ps3 or 360 and next gen consoles Before they go out of business!

Gta5 is huge

Calling Wonderful 101 a flop is hard as we don't really know what Nintendo/Platinum expected sales wise. Plus Nintendo paid for the game so Platinum shouldn't really be affected by how well/not-well the game does (at least not too much, this is how the developer/publisher relationship is at least supposed to work). Also looking at hardware numbers a game that sold ~15k in the week increased the console's sales by ~12k, not bad! Although LoZ:WWHD digital probably did more for that bump admittedly.

And to the bolded - very very true. Rockstar is imo doing an amazing job of building and managing hype, using things like the upcoming GTA Online and their iOS apps to target audiences that might not game primarily console(s) (maybe anymore) etc. They are doing an awesome job - can't say that I like the game but that's a different discussion.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Bad numbers for Wii U and TW101. Now to wait for WWHD.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

lol These numbers make 0 sense, waiting for NPD. Its funny the HW is almost the same despite PS3 having exlusive bundle. VGZ has become a joke.

Wow, I was expecting a bigger boost, I mean gta sold 16mill week one

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Those hardware numbers are absolutely pathetically wrong, and I don´t even need to wait for NPD to confirm it, IMO (don´t want to sound aggressive).

I mean just use common sense, if the 360 was able to get that much of a boost in US compared to a a dedicated, nationwide advertised Exclusive bundle at 269, can you imagine what will happen this week when major retailers are discounting the 360?

I am not even considering how magically the 360 shortened the weekly gap to the PS3 worldwide (despite the bundle), I can´t even.....

I am just waiting for the horrific software tracking in EU to see those 1.6M more GTA units that were sold.......according to VGChartz ofcourse

No one should be surprised tho, it has been happening for along time in this site (I am talking about the 360-PS3 FW software discrepancy) and no one actually cares, so don´t be pissed if a game you like is not selling in here, there is a big chance it is being misstracked.

chapset said:

Really? With new consoles coming out in less ~2 months?

Wii U did surprisingly well actually in America, as Vita drops below 30k, with a Worldwide pricecut.

Worrying.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wii u fans (especially zero999) owe me an apology.

Guys, save face and admit W101 was a flop. Also, cant wait for the "Wii u fails to meet expectations" thread.

sully1311 said:
chapset said:

Really? With new consoles coming out in less ~2 months?

yes, gta sold 16 mill week one, I was expecting a big boost from the ps3 bundles and people buying back their 360 or I was expecting a boost from the impulse buyers when they went pick up their copy of gta

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.