By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW +SW Up! 21st September 2013 (GTA V Week) ~336k PS3 ~180K X360

Lawlight said:
KingofTrolls said:

9.87 + 10.45 =20.32 GTA 4

8.64 + 8.88 =17.52 GTA 5

20.32 - 17.52 =2.80

So it is possible 2nd week, but GTA 4 is nowhere to 25 mln.. maybe u count PC version too ?

25M - those are the official numbers. And yes, it does count PC version too.

But that includes PC sales and digital sales.

So, maybe we should discuss only the retail sales, which are about 20.32 for GTA 4.

Around the Network
Tyto_alba said:
Lawlight said:
KingofTrolls said:

8.64 + 8.88 =17.52 GTA 5

20.32 - 17.52 =2.80

So it is possible 2nd week, but GTA 4 is nowhere to 25 mln.. maybe u count PC version too ?

So, maybe we should discuss only the retail sales, which are about 20.32 for GTA 4.

Fine. Though that won't be fair.

PS3 nearing a 1M gap ahead of 360. I wonder if it'll beat in the holidays for the first time in years. 

Also interesting to see the PS3 version of GTAV potentially outselling 360 version.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Lawlight said:
Tyto_alba said:
Lawlight said:
KingofTrolls said:

8.64 + 8.88 =17.52 GTA 5

20.32 - 17.52 =2.80

Fine. Though that won't be fair.

I know, but if you are counting digital sales for GTA IV, you should count them too for GTA V, but we don't have that data.

The real problem here, is that digital sales are becoming bigger and bigger, and we only get retail data here on VGC. So, that is becoming a real issue.

CGI-Quality said:
retroking1981 said:
What saved the PS3 was re-releasing it at a lower price, in other words the slim model.

Hmmm...I don't think it makes a difference this late. Beyond that, a plethora of things contributed ("saved", as you call it) to the system making one of the, if not the, biggest comeback the industry has ever seen (even topping the SNES when it took over the lead from Sega after being a good 10 million+ behind three years after the Genesis launched). Never mind that mainly the games are what carried it this far. Redesigns and slimmer models can only do so much, and they know that.

Point taken - there's always more than one single reason for a systems success. As you pointed out its all about the games essentially and the PS3 did turn this around after a slow first 18(ish) months.

However I do think the slim model along with the DSlite were the most important and effective redesigns in history. They both literally relaunched the respective consoles. Before these a redesign was more of way of milking out a few more sales at the end of a consoles lifespan.

Btw do you have any links to the SNES/Genesis numbers your referring to? Mot that I don't believe you but I'm interested the see older data that missing from VGChartz.

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:

PS3 nearing a 1M gap ahead of 360. I wonder if it'll beat in the holidays for the first time in years. 

Also interesting to see the PS3 version of GTAV potentially outselling 360 version.

Since PS3 is above 360 I would say it's logical. Wonder how it will do in Japan

ethomaz said:

Nice.

That's confirm my biased post in previous thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5687367

It is good to know I'm still making the maths right.

ehtomaz is biased! ethomaz is crazy! ethomaz and his insane crazy predicitions!

................................................................................................................

whats that you ask? the first one is the chears of the people when you make a bold prediction, the second one is their response when it turns out to be right

you certainly make bold predictions, sometimes they are right and others they are wrong, you cant be always right!. but its soo damn sweet when you are right and everybody who bitched about it shuts up  

wiiu is doing terrible, Nintendo have lost. Nintendo land is the only title I have left now im struggling to hang on to it!!!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Oops! Crazy GTA V launch made me forget the good manners: gratz to Wii for reaching the great 100M milestone!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

TheFallen said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Wii u fans (especially zero999) owe me an apology.

Guys, save face and admit W101 was a flop. Also, cant wait for the "Wii u fails to meet expectations" thread.

WiiU will be needing its' own chalk board soon, seeing as the BS PS3 fans put up with early in the gen. OT : Great boosts for both PS360, pushed a large amount of Hardware.

You mean this chalk board?

The thing is, all these games and the following exclusives together did exactly what it said on the board. They saved the PS3.

And i suppose it will not be much different for the Wii U once the high class Nintendo exclusives start rolling in.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’