By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW +SW Up! 21st September 2013 (GTA V Week) ~336k PS3 ~180K X360

ethomaz said:
DamnTastic said:
How come the ps3 sold 178k in europe but fails to hit 100k in the US?

Europe is bigger than US

yet the software FW sales of the US always crush those of Europe.

edit: except in 2013 even in the yearly charts the US crushed EU in software

Around the Network

Yeah ps3 was save because the great game and price cut but the price cut is the bigger factor in the equation

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Global up!

EDIT. Ok I might have jumped the gun, but Japan is up so it should be a matter of minutes

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

The ps3 was still selling 2.5 times what the wii u is every week prior to price-cut. I still think ps3 has enough price cuts left and continued support to pass wii.

The initial week of the ps3 price cut was over 550k ww, there was a lot of pent up demand for the system, and the only thing holding it back was its price. even then, people were still saying ps3 would never pass n64 in sales.

Damn only 200k gap between the two.
GTA V (360)- 8.8 Million
GTA V (PS3) -8.6 Million

These sales NEVER fail to impress me...wow just wow.

Around the Network

17.4 Million for GTAV!

US got adjusted down
GTA V (360) - 5.2 Million (before it was 6 million)
GTA V (PS3) - 3.2 Million (before it was 3.6 million)

small44 said:
Yeah ps3 was save because the great game and price cut but the price cut is the bigger factor in the equation

Save? From what?

No price cut will matter if you dont have compelling software, 360 already had the same multiplats, games were thre biggest factor always are. The competition was cheaper even after the price cut...games was the biggest reason.

With Japan sales GTA V on PS3 will do better.

Holy shit almost a 50/50 split between the 2 versions, loving it.