By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW +SW Up! 21st September 2013 (GTA V Week) ~336k PS3 ~180K X360

Those PS3 sales are boss! And even TLoU and KH got some love.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

- 8 year old console outsells 3DS
- Only ONE 3DS game on the Global Top Ten, shameful!

NINTENDO IS DOOMED!!!

Lawlight said:
People need to remember that more often than not the PS3 beat the 3DS in weekly sales this year.

The 3DS led for 12 out of 13 weeks in the Apr-Jun quarter, and has led every week of the Jul-Sep quarter until this one.

the_dengle said:
Lawlight said:
People need to remember that more often than not the PS3 beat the 3DS in weekly sales this year.

The 3DS led for 12 out of 13 weeks in the Apr-Jun quarter, and has led every week of the Jul-Sep quarter until this one.

You are right. The PS3 led only 10 weeks this year. Not bad for a $250, 7 year old system.

It is been a few week since the last...

NEW PS3 MILLION SELLERS

180. Dishonored
181. Medal of Honor: Warfighter
182. SingStar
183. Grand Theft Auto V

MEGATON!!!

GTA V first week almost outsold GTA V lifetime sales... next week GTA V will be the GTA KING of this GEN

Around the Network
small44 said:
iamdeath said:
small44 said:
Yeah ps3 was save because the great game and price cut but the price cut is the bigger factor in the equation

Save? From what?

No price cut will matter if you dont have compelling software, 360 already had the same multiplats, games were thre biggest factor always are. The competition was cheaper even after the price cut...games was the biggest reason.

Both console had compelling software that mean people will buy xbox360 instead of ps3,that why price cut on ps3 was a big factor.

The xbox was still cheaper, your argument makes no sense.

Lawlight said:
the_dengle said:
Lawlight said:

You are right. The PS3 led only 10 weeks this year. Not bad for a $250, 7 year old system.

I thought it was 11 weeks counting this one. But yeah, not bad at all. I wonder if it will ever lead again for a week after 10/12?

dsage01 said:
Damn only 200k gap between the two.
GTA V (360)- 8.8 Million
GTA V (PS3) -8.6 Million

These sales NEVER fail to impress me...wow just wow.

The gap is smaller than 200K. SONY has a digital version, MS doesn't. I wouldn't be surpised if the PS3 version is slightly higher than the 360 version.

enditall727 said:

145k difference between The GTA versions. Ps3 version is going to jog passed the 360 version after a while

17 mill 1st week!

Edit: i misread the 360 numbers 236k

It might be past it already, due to SONY having the only digital version, which VGC can't track.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

On a more hidden note, Wii is officially (Finally!) over 100 million.

I find the timing pretty funny.

ethomaz said:

It is been a few week since the last...

NEW PS3 MILLION SELLERS

180. Dishonored
181. Medal of Honor: Warfighter
182. SingStar
183. Grand Theft Auto V

MEGATON!!!

GTA V first week almost outsold GTA V lifetime sales... next week GTA V will be the GTA KING of this GEN

4 new million sellers in the same week?