By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW +SW Up! 21st September 2013 (GTA V Week) ~336k PS3 ~180K X360

Zero999 said:

the only week with no actual release that i remember is 12-19 october.

And not every game will build off of the last let alone be a system seller

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:

the only week with no actual release that i remember is 12-19 october.

And not every game will build off of the last let alone be a system seller

a regular stream of releases will either keep sales or raise them. the proximity to the holidays only helps.

These hardware sales are an absolute joke. The gap between PS3/360 shortened despite GTA V getting exclusive bundling to PS3...come on VGC step your game up.

Zero999 said:
chapset said:
ktay95 said:

yep coz by now the WiiU version wouldnt have surpassed that had it released in Feb when we had nothing to play on WiiU. Instead they wait until we have a heap of 1st party games and release it then. And they still could have had a PS3 version, it was MS policies that stopped the early WiiU release

how blind can you be to not see they are getting 2/3 of their sales on the two other platform? what ever it would have done Ltd on the wii U add 2/3 of that and that's what it will do now that's it's a multiplat. how dumb of Ubisoft to want more money. They should do like they did with zombie U and lose money so the wii U fans can be happy right?

how blind can you be not to see that no one is suggesting they shouldn't have released it on ps360? the problem is they shouldn't have pissed wii u owners by not releasing it in february. it would have sold a few hundred thousand units on wii u by now and they would get the same sales from ps360 version. win win

of course zero999 late ports only hurt wii U games right lol so blinded by that Nintendo love

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

dsage01 said:
These hardware sales are an absolute joke. The gap between PS3/360 shortened despite GTA V getting exclusive bundling to PS3...come on VGC step your game up.

Yeah. I seriously doubt about those European X360 numbers. In france alone PS3 version of GTA hold 77% of all copies sold (850k vs 250k). Rest of Europe should be pretty same.

Around the Network

Next week is the moment of truth for the Wii U!

Meh, if PS3 did not have a bundle it might have only done 220k-250k so the bundle brought it above the 360 for sure. The reason PS3 FW sales increase was more similar to 360 FW sales increase is because normally PS3 owners do not buy FW as much as 360 owners do. But the bundle brought PS3 HW numbers to a more similar level to 360 HW numbers.

Or VGC is completely wrong who knows, NPD should be fun.

VGPolyglot said:
Next week is the moment of truth for the Wii U!

Yep. It's make or break time.

From dsage01's post in another thread... official data.

UK: 2.25m
 - 1.25m (360) 
 - 1m (PS3)
France: 1.1m
 - 847k (PS3)
 - 253K (360)
Germany: 1m+ *
 - 701k+ (PS3)
 - 301K+ (360)

Total: 4.35m+ *
 - 2.57m+ (PS3)
 - 1.78m+ (360)

* Germany is the minimum based in the arwards.

I'm failing hard to see that 1.3m advantage for 360 WW like VGC showed lol

ADJUSTMENTS

3DS 0
PS3 0
360 0
Wii 0
DS 0
PSP 1,648
PSV 1,565
Wii U 0