By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Microsoft and Sony betting on the wrong horses ?

It came across me that Sony relying on Killzone and Gran Turismo spin-off with different name Driveclub, and Microsoft relying on Forza 5 and Call of Duty with mechs Titanfall, may be as effective as the Nintendo reliance on Super Mario Bros, U and NIntendogs 3D to sell both the Wii U and 3DS at launch and failed miserably because nobody cares. I think Ryse and Knack, may be just as effective at demonstrating the new hardware and driving sales as Nintendoland.

Sure there are other games, but mostly, last gen slightly up-ports.

What if there is ZERO games that can keep the sales going, after the initial impulse buys and fanbase purchases, and both consoles will just struggle till the true next genness arrives on some new IP ?

I could possibly see this coming and watch the tides turn in favour of the Wii U, that is getting better and better and is inbound to receive a massive avalanche of key titles.

Around the Network

You must be a glass half empty kind of guy.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

What's Nintendo betting on?

Super Mario U - same platformer over and over again for the last 30 years.
Zelda Wind Waker - HD remake of a 10 year old game
Maro Kart 8 - Can you list 5 substantial difference between this game and Mario Kart Wii?

Would you just let this hap.. let the PS4one fans have their moment while they can...

both PS4one will over take the wiiU by next year and on to sell 200m units each!.. hooray! start the celebration now!

Drakrami said:
What's Nintendo betting on?

Super Mario U - same platformer over and over again for the last 30 years.
Zelda Wind Waker - HD remake of a 10 year old game
Maro Kart 8 - Can you list 5 substantial difference between this game and Mario Kart Wii?

uhmm.. how about more games in their library than the competition?..  while the ps4one will have a drought between releases

Around the Network

Dead Rising

Truth be told, I'm almost positive that what you said in the OP is what's going to happen. The PS4/XB1 excitement is going to dry up fairly quickly for several months until the real heavy hitters arrive. As much as PS3 fans hype Killzone, it just isn't a big name. Microsoft is trying to force Forza on gamers but, as good as the franchise is supposed to be, it just doesn't have the loyal following.

Nobody has it right.

Only people that buy consoles at launch are mainly the hardcore fans.

Yeah just like what happen with the ps360, right op?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
Yeah just like what happen with the ps360, right op?

but it did happen...