By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS sales almost 400K a week without Pokémon.

Tagged games:

MDMAlliance said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Yes all those games are released on 3DS because of 3D, just like all games on SNES were made because it was "Super" and all N64 games were created because it was a 64-bit console and all PS360 games were created because they have HD.

I Note the sarcasm.

But there would have never been Monster Hunter 4 As a 3DS exclusive if it wasn't for 3D. This game would have been a Wii U/PS4 exclusive instead.

Based off what?

It's based off of "3D is better than anything, 3DS > PS4 in hardware power because 3D grafix takes up over 9,000 Teraflops of power to run.  Need dem 1.21 JIGGAWATTS." - Kaizar 23.9.2013

I don't why you go around attacking people over nothing, but it seems like you have a lot of anger and/or some other issues, that you are just taking out on other people.

Should I just report you to the mods for trolling everyone?

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Yes all those games are released on 3DS because of 3D, just like all games on SNES were made because it was "Super" and all N64 games were created because it was a 64-bit console and all PS360 games were created because they have HD.

I Note the sarcasm.

But there would have never been Monster Hunter 4 As a 3DS exclusive if it wasn't for 3D. This game would have been a Wii U/PS4 exclusive instead.

Based off what?

Monster Hunetr 3 only being on the PS3 & Wii, and they really didn't want to port it to the Wii, but the PS3 sales at the time weren't that good, when they can make so much more money off the game by porting it.

Clearly the original intended console of choose for new Monster Hunter games was 1080p HD consoles, but something about playing these kinds of games in 240p 3D made them leave the HD ship for 3D, when it comes to Monster Hunter.

But if anyone has a more better theory about why no release on even the Wii U for Monster Hunter 4, then I would like to hear it.

Kaizar said:
MDMAlliance said:

It's based off of "3D is better than anything, 3DS > PS4 in hardware power because 3D grafix takes up over 9,000 Teraflops of power to run.  Need dem 1.21 JIGGAWATTS." - Kaizar 23.9.2013

I don't why you go around attacking people over nothing, but it seems like you have a lot of anger and/or some other issues, that you are just taking out on other people.

Should I just report you to the mods for trolling everyone?

So what you're saying is, I pretty much hit the nail on the head?

Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

I Note the sarcasm.

Based off what?

Monster Hunetr 3 only being on the PS3 & Wii, and they really didn't want to port it to the Wii, but the PS3 sales at the time weren't that good, when they can make so much more money off the game by porting it.

Clearly the original intended console of choose for new Monster Hunter games was 1080p HD consoles, but something about playing these kinds of games in 240p 3D made them leave the HD ship for 3D, when it comes to Monster Hunter.

But if anyone has a more better theory about why no release on even the Wii U for Monster Hunter 4, then I would like to hear it.

U have no idea what ur talking about, Monster Hunter Tri was never on PS3, it was released on Wii in 2009 then ported to 3DS in 2011 then ported to Wii U in 2012. Mainline Monster Hunter has never been on an HD console outside of ports so there goes ur jumping ship argument.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'd be interested to see if anyone had any hard numbers (not anecdotal evidence which is all I've ever seen anyone come up with - including this thread) that the 3D on the 3DS is actually used. I say this having purchased a 3DS back in 2011 (I got it early even before the ambassador games were even announced) - I almost never turn on the 3D. When I get a new game I usually turn the 3D on to see what the title screen and maybe the opening scenes look like in 3D, get frustrated when I can't get the 3D to work right and it starts to hurt my eyes and head and turn it back off. I've put something like 500-600 hours in on my 3DS, I bet less than 10 hours have been with 3D on if that. I realize that my experiences are just anecdotal as well which is why I'm interested to know if there are any numbers on how much it is used.

I doubt that the 3D is a major reason Capcom brought Monster Hunter to the 3DS and that the fans came with it. Capcom put Monster Hunter on the Wii even though it was on PSP/PS2 before that because the Wii was hugely popular at the time. The PS3 got a port later because it was(and still is) popular at the time. WiiU/3DS got another port of 3 (MH3U) because the 3DS is quickly becoming the big console in Japan (and the Wii U was just icing on the cake). MH4 is most likely on 3DS, not because of the 3D but, because it is the hottest thing around in Japan and Capcom was betting it would be (and will be) for a while. Wii U probably didn't get a port (yet maybe) because they were dissapointed in the Wii U's MH3U sales versus how much a port would cost. Now they have a bunch of profit from this so maybe we'll see it in the future.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

U have no idea what ur talking about, Monster Hunter Tri was never on PS3, it was released on Wii in 2009 then ported to 3DS in 2011 then ported to Wii U in 2012. Mainline Monster Hunter has never been on an HD console outside of ports so there goes ur jumping ship argument.

To be fair he could be talking about Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. which came to PS3 last year I think - I thought that was kind of a port of Tri (but I've never played it so I'm not sure, I have the Wii, WiiU and 3DS versions).

Edit: still not PS3 before Wii and has nothing to do with why 3DS has MH4 though.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

So this guy believes 3DS's success is because of 3D, right...

SSJGohan3972 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

To be fair he could be talking about Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. which came to PS3 last year I think - I thought that was kind of a port of Tri (but I've never played it so I'm not sure, I have the Wii, WiiU and 3DS versions).

Edit: still not PS3 before Wii and has nothing to do with why 3DS has MH4 though.

I believe Tri and Portable 3rd are seperate games. ya HD consoles have had Monster Hunter games but they have all been ports or non mainline entries.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
SSJGohan3972 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

I believe Tri and Portable 3rd are seperate games. ya HD consoles have had Monster Hunter games but they have all been ports or non mainline entries.

My bad.

But my point still stands that Monster Hunter 3 was a Home Console only game, and now Monster Hunter 4 & up will be 3DS exclusives only. They ported 3 to the 3DS and made the Wii U version so you could play the game online with the 3DS version. But Monster Hunter 4 & up are just 3DS exclusives that already have online multiplayer on them.

Why would Capcom drop Home Console support and not port the new Monster Hunter games (4 & up) and not put It on the Vita.

If it was about Handhelds then the Vita would have gotten the Capcom game like so many other Capcom games like Street Fighter X Tekken, which never came to the 3DS.

As I said before, if you got a better theory about this game which was announced back in 2011 to be a 3DS exclusive, then please tell me a better theory.

pokoko said:
I don't know this guy at all. Is he serious about the 3D thing?

If he is, you can laugh about it anyways.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.