By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS sales almost 400K a week without Pokémon.

Tagged games:

JoeTheBro said:
Kaizar said:
JoeTheBro said:

If you plug your gamecube up to a 3D TV, the TV is just converting the 2D image to 3D. The gamecube is not outputting a 3D image.

Try using Dolphin on the same games in true 3d and you'll be amazed at how much better the 3D looks.

I know that, but since they disable the option on every single game, what else can one do, besides dolphin emulator.

Besides, you do not want to see PS2 & PSP & XBox in 3D, they look like flat pieces of cardboard with space in between them. (I am assuming the first Xbox looks that way in 3D)

The TV's 3D conversion is not dependent on the source of the video feed. Running a multiplat on Xbox and on GameCube will give you the exact same 3D result. If they look like flat pieces of cardboard, then that is your TVs fault, not the system's.

However 2D to 3D conversion just really sucks. Just watch a few 3D youtube videos of dolphin on your TV and hopefully you'll be enlightened.

The PS2 & PSP don't have Z-Depth, and I don't think the Xbox original does, but I'm not sure about XBox.

Long story short, it is the Home Consoles & Handheld Console's fault for looking like flat pieces of cardboard.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
ethomaz said:

tbone51 said:

doubt it, Dont underestimate pokemon

I'm not understimating the Monster Hunter

my prediction was close (305k) but everybody expected 200k-240k! Software sales was a huge surprise, nobody expected MH4 to outsell MHP3 FW with 2 days of sales vs 5 days! Crazy!

How much did Pokémon Black & White 1 or 2 (whichever sold more) sale in its first week?

Kaizar said:
JoeTheBro said:

The TV's 3D conversion is not dependent on the source of the video feed. Running a multiplat on Xbox and on GameCube will give you the exact same 3D result. If they look like flat pieces of cardboard, then that is your TVs fault, not the system's.

However 2D to 3D conversion just really sucks. Just watch a few 3D youtube videos of dolphin on your TV and hopefully you'll be enlightened.

The PS2 & PSP don't have Z-Depth, and I don't think the Xbox original does, but I'm not sure about XBox.

Long story short, it is the Home Consoles & Handheld Console's fault for looking like flat pieces of cardboard.

What? Long story short, you're very confused. The TV is only getting a 2D image and calculating depth off of that, even with the gamecube. It then uses algorithms to create its own depth information. If you watched a youtube video of 2D gamecube gameplay on your TV with 3D conversion, it would have the EXACT same 3D effect as if you had a gamecube plugged in. The source does not matter.

Quite.

He's been playing tombraider at 1080p at 3D and he cant go back.

ethomaz said:
I won't be surprise if Monster Hunter moved more hardware than Pokémon.

In Japan I bet it will.  But Pokemon releases WORLDWIDE.  So I'm sure the 3DS will be higher than 400k worldwide.

Around the Network

Yeah, I think you missed the reason why it sold so much.

Using the brilliant logic in this thread:

75% of those sales came from Japan. Therefore, 75% of Japanese people care about 3D, while only 25% of Westerners care.

Flawless argument!

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Quite.

He's been playing tombraider at 1080p at 3D and he cant go back.

LOL, but HD adds very little for clarity and so fort, if you are already playing in true stereoscopic 3D, then a higher resolution isn't needed at all. It can even be 240p 3D and it will still look more better then 2D 4K HD for crying out loud.

HD seems to be too much fluff like the PS Vita, where's the substance in display quality & software.

But I guess the media & official game reviewers will never understand consumers because the official video game reviewers & the media lack common sense, just like they did in the 2012 election. (talking going off subject LOL)

I guess I will never understand what the very small percentage of people see in HD & Vita over 3D & 3DS.

If people like 3D audio (surround sound, then why do some of those people hate 3D visuals?

If they like actual quality games, then why do they hate the 3DS and like the PS Vita?

it just seems like the haters are all a bunch of brainwash people who can only have marketing & advertising do all their thinking for them.

VGPolyglot said:

Monster Hunter 4 is only a 3DS exclusive for the same reason why the 3DS got 2 Resident Evil games before release.

Which is because of 3D.

Kaizar said:
VGPolyglot said:

Monster Hunter 4 is only a 3DS exclusive for the same reason why the 3DS got 2 Resident Evil games before release.

Which is because of 3D.

I don't think that's the reason why.