By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS sales almost 400K a week without Pokémon.

Tagged games:

DS used to do more than 400k every week.
3DS neither get 400k even in the week launch of monster hunter...

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
DS used to do more than 400k every week.
3DS neither get 400k even in the week launch of monster hunter...

But the 3DS is still ahead of the DS in sales for the exact same number of months for the first however many months the 3DS has been out for.

Kaizar said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
^ I think Im the only person here who consistently plays with the 3D
I never really get crazy with the whole trying to hit that sweetspot thing when I can casually hold it near my lap and look down to play. I only realign it if I need to use the depth of field issue.

And the 3DS let a eyeshot man experience 3D for the first time in his life, system is justified, I hope Nintendo sticks with the stereoscopic 3D like they said they would

Well, the Wii U & GameCube & Virtual Boy all do 3D on pre-install firmware, but the GameCube disabled it on every single game, even though it's still on every single game.

Its cool hooking up the GameCube to a 3D TV and converting 2D into 3D playing such games as Mario Kart Double Dash & Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles & The Simpsons Hit and Run & Super Mario Sunshine & so fort & so on.

If you plug your gamecube up to a 3D TV, the TV is just converting the 2D image to 3D. The gamecube is not outputting a 3D image.

Try using Dolphin on the same games in true 3d and you'll be amazed at how much better the 3D looks.

JoeTheBro said:
Kaizar said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
^ I think Im the only person here who consistently plays with the 3D
I never really get crazy with the whole trying to hit that sweetspot thing when I can casually hold it near my lap and look down to play. I only realign it if I need to use the depth of field issue.

And the 3DS let a eyeshot man experience 3D for the first time in his life, system is justified, I hope Nintendo sticks with the stereoscopic 3D like they said they would

Well, the Wii U & GameCube & Virtual Boy all do 3D on pre-install firmware, but the GameCube disabled it on every single game, even though it's still on every single game.

Its cool hooking up the GameCube to a 3D TV and converting 2D into 3D playing such games as Mario Kart Double Dash & Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles & The Simpsons Hit and Run & Super Mario Sunshine & so fort & so on.

If you plug your gamecube up to a 3D TV, the TV is just converting the 2D image to 3D. The gamecube is not outputting a 3D image.

Try using Dolphin on the same games in true 3d and you'll be amazed at how much better the 3D looks.

I know that, but since they disable the option on every single game, what else can one do, besides dolphin emulator.

Besides, you do not want to see PS2 & PSP & XBox in 3D, they look like flat pieces of cardboard with space in between them. (I am assuming the first Xbox looks that way in 3D)

I don't know this guy at all. Is he serious about the 3D thing?

Around the Network

Kaizar said:

But the 3DS is still ahead of the DS in sales for the exact same number of months for the first however many months the 3DS has been out for.

If I remember DS is already ahead 3DS in that metric.

ethomaz said:
I won't be surprise if Monster Hunter moved more hardware than Pokémon.

doubt it, Dont underestimate pokemon

tbone51 said:

I'm not understimating the Monster Hunter

Kaizar said:
JoeTheBro said:

I know that, but since they disable the option on every single game, what else can one do, besides dolphin emulator.

Besides, you do not want to see PS2 & PSP & XBox in 3D, they look like flat pieces of cardboard with space in between them. (I am assuming the first Xbox looks that way in 3D)

The TV's 3D conversion is not dependent on the source of the video feed. Running a multiplat on Xbox and on GameCube will give you the exact same 3D result. If they look like flat pieces of cardboard, then that is your TVs fault, not the system's.

However 2D to 3D conversion just really sucks. Just watch a few 3D youtube videos of dolphin on your TV and hopefully you'll be enlightened.

ethomaz said:

tbone51 said:

I'm not understimating the Monster Hunter

my prediction was close (305k) but everybody expected 200k-240k! Software sales was a huge surprise, nobody expected MH4 to outsell MHP3 FW with 2 days of sales vs 5 days! Crazy!