By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS sales almost 400K a week without Pokémon.

Tagged games:

Kaizar said:
brendude13 said:
outlawauron said:
What is the purpose of this thread.

To make me attempt suicide.

LOL, may I ask why you would feel like that?

By trying to sell me 3D!

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Well I guess the 2DS is doomed then.

all nintendo console are doomed....

Goooooo, 3DS! 600K during Pokemon week? D:

JoeTheBro said:
Anyone seriously into 3D has a 3D TV and/or 3D monitor. I love 3D, but I'll watch my content on an HD screen, not the 3DS.

If you are watching at home, and have a 3D TV and/or 3D Monitor, then of course you would choose that over the 3DS.

The 3DS getting 3D Movies to purchase in the eShop plus 3D streaming via Hulu & Netflix will just be needed icing on the cake to get people who wanted to get the 3DS for its games to purchase one.

Plus there are lots & lots of people who don't realize that they can currently buy a 3D TV for as cheap as maybe $300 at WalMart & Amazon. And lets not forget the current price of the 3DS & 3DS XL easily getting those uninformed people to buy the 3DS to enjoy Superman/Batman Crossover (2015, recorded with handheld 3D cameras by the director of Watchmen) on the go and at home.

Nintendo had advertise a lot when Nintendo Video App was new on the 3DS about the App, and then Nintendo advertised a lot when a firmware update allowed 3D recording as The Nintendo 3DS that now records 3D Videos.....so obviously Nintendo is going to advertise the 3DS & 3DS XL a lot as a device to watch 3D movies, when they get them in the eShop, as well as also advertise again for how it does 3D streaming when that comes to Hulu Plus. Nintendo has a history of advertising such functionalities of the 3DS once the content is there.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
If it sold cause of the 3d feature alone... Then there wouldn't have been a price drop and the 3ds sales wouldnt have dropped for the first few months...

3ds is selling so much cause of the superior games... It basically has zero competition... I love the 3d feature but its nothing without the games

But the 3DS just had some games for the 3D feature release with Street fighter as 1 of only a few release 3DS games, plus all you could do for anything else was take 3D photos and play the pre-install 3D augmented reality games and do the Mii Plaza, which gives every consumer very little reason to buy it for its 3D during the first some months before June 2011, and such things as eShop & web browser to see 3D websites (as I have links in my signature) and Nintendo Video where still very little reason to purchase for 3D with what little was still being offer for a 3D everything device, and Netflix used its extra bandwidth for more countries instead of 3D.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Its too show 3D>>>>>>>2D

3D>2d for sure but this is just bad presentation lol.

Oh The WiiU did 20K numbers? Huh.

Some of the reasoning people come up with on this site is the most fallacious reaching in logic I've ever seen when it comes to folks who sit round all day in the squat.

For real man.

~ Mod edit ~

This user has been moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post

zorg1000 said:
JoeTheBro said:
Anyone seriously into 3D has a 3D TV and/or 3D monitor. I love 3D, but I'll watch my content on an HD screen, not the 3DS.

Oh no!!!!!! U mentioned HD in a Kaizer thread, prepare for a lecture about how HD is a gimmick

The problem I have with HD is that you pump all this extra resolution in, and get very little results, compare to just doing 3D and losing half your resolution.

My example is watching live-action videos in the Nintendo Video App, when they reduce the resolution to 240p to accommodate the 240p display, and you watch with the 3D ON and lose half of that resolution, and the image looks way more clearer & way more anti-aliasing & vivid & brighter looking then 2D 4K HD on a 4K HD TV.....even the colors look more deeper looking on my 3DS with the 3D ON, then 2D 4K HD on a 4K HD TV.

3D just offers a way more clearer/vivid/brighter/anti-aliasing image with much more deeper looking colors with a fraction of the resolution of 2D HD.

^ I think Im the only person here who consistently plays with the 3D
I never really get crazy with the whole trying to hit that sweetspot thing when I can casually hold it near my lap and look down to play. I only realign it if I need to use the depth of field issue.

And the 3DS let a eyeshot man experience 3D for the first time in his life, system is justified, I hope Nintendo sticks with the stereoscopic 3D like they said they would

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Its too show 3D>>>>>>>2D

3D>2d for sure but this is just bad presentation lol.

Oh The WiiU did 20K numbers? Huh.

Some of the reasoning people come up with on this site is the most fallacious reaching in logic I've ever seen when it comes to folks who sit round all day in the squat.

For real man.

But Monster Hunter 4 is only a 3DS exclusive because of 3D, same goes for why Capcom made 2 Resident Evil games for the 3DS before it was ever release.

A bunch of these 3DS games are only being created because of the 3D effect, otherwise no one would have ever created them. (you have to admit that)

The sweet spot on the 3DS original is about the same as the DS Lite (the DS Lite had its issues when the brightness was set to 3 & 4)

I think people spend way too much time focusing on the three-dimensional aspect of 3D, because 3D makes things look way so much more clearer looking & brighter looking & anti-aliasing & vivid looking, with much more deeper looking colors.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
^ I think Im the only person here who consistently plays with the 3D
I never really get crazy with the whole trying to hit that sweetspot thing when I can casually hold it near my lap and look down to play. I only realign it if I need to use the depth of field issue.

And the 3DS let a eyeshot man experience 3D for the first time in his life, system is justified, I hope Nintendo sticks with the stereoscopic 3D like they said they would

Well, the Wii U & GameCube & Virtual Boy all do 3D on pre-install firmware, but the GameCube disabled it on every single game, even though it's still on every single game.

Its cool hooking up the GameCube to a 3D TV and converting 2D into 3D playing such games as Mario Kart Double Dash & Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles & The Simpsons Hit and Run & Super Mario Sunshine & so fort & so on.