By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo 3DS sales almost 400K a week without Pokémon.

Tagged games:

Busted said:
So this guy believes 3DS's success is because of 3D, right...

It gets most of its Software that sales hardware because of 3D.

2 Resident Evil games

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Mario Kart 7 being revolutionary gameplay from all previous entries

Monster Hunter 4

Bravely Default

Rodea the Sky Soldier

Tomodachi whatever

Luigi mansion reboot

Kid Icarus reboot

Epic Mickey power of illusion

Fire emblem awakening having far greater everything compare to previous entries

King of pirates trilogy

new Mega Man game announce by Capcom earlier in 2013

Harmoknight

Theatrhythm final fantasy 2

A lot of the software is only on the 3DS because of 3D and then that software sales the 3DS Hardware.

When the 3D Movies to purchase in the eShop come out, the 3D will sale the system, and when 3D streaming comes to Hulu Plus & Netflix in that order, the 3D will further sale the Hardware.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
pokoko said:
I don't know this guy at all. Is he serious about the 3D thing?

If he is, you can laugh about it anyways.

You just got to page 4 now?

Well 4 more pages to go, LOL.

Kaizar said:
outlawauron said:
pokoko said:
I don't know this guy at all. Is he serious about the 3D thing?

If he is, you can laugh about it anyways.

You just got to page 4 now?

Well 4 more pages to go, LOL.

Nah. I go old school 50 posts/page. I'm at the end of page 2.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Aww yiss, me too.

Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
SSJGohan3972 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

Monster Hunetr 3 only being on the PS3 & Wii, and they really didn't want to port it to the Wii, but the PS3 sales at the time weren't that good, when they can make so much more money off the game by porting it.

Clearly the original intended console of choose for new Monster Hunter games was 1080p HD consoles, but something about playing these kinds of games in 240p 3D made them leave the HD ship for 3D, when it comes to Monster Hunter.

But if anyone has a more better theory about why no release on even the Wii U for Monster Hunter 4, then I would like to hear it.

U have no idea what ur talking about, Monster Hunter Tri was never on PS3, it was released on Wii in 2009 then ported to 3DS in 2011 then ported to Wii U in 2012. Mainline Monster Hunter has never been on an HD console outside of ports so there goes ur jumping ship argument.

To be fair he could be talking about Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. which came to PS3 last year I think - I thought that was kind of a port of Tri (but I've never played it so I'm not sure, I have the Wii, WiiU and 3DS versions).

Edit: still not PS3 before Wii and has nothing to do with why 3DS has MH4 though.

I believe Tri and Portable 3rd are seperate games. ya HD consoles have had Monster Hunter games but they have all been ports or non mainline entries.

My bad.

But my point still stands that Monster Hunter 3 was a Home Console only game, and now Monster Hunter 4 & up will be 3DS exclusives only. They ported 3 to the 3DS and made the Wii U version so you could play the game online with the 3DS version. But Monster Hunter 4 & up are just 3DS exclusives that already have online multiplayer on them.

Why would Capcom drop Home Console support and not port the new Monster Hunter games (4 & up) and not put It on the Vita.

If it was about Handhelds then the Vita would have gotten the Capcom game like so many other Capcom games like Street Fighter X Tekken, which never came to the 3DS.

As I said before, if you got a better theory about this game which was announced back in 2011 to be a 3DS exclusive, then please tell me a better theory.

Heres a theory, Nintendo payed for exclusivity.

In Japan handhelds are the preffered choice when It comes to gaming. DS/PSP sold over twice as much as Wii/PS3/360. Also PSP was the first strong competitor to Nintendos dominance of the handheld market and was able to get about 35-40% marketshare in Japan. Of the 4 PSP games to sell over a million units, all 4 were Monster Hunter games with 2 of them selling over 4 million. According to VGchartz, Monster Hunter accounted for 20% of PSP software sales in Japan. As a way to regain complete control of the handheld market in Japan, Nintendo payed for Capcom to release Monster Hunter 4 as a 3DS exclusive.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
outlawauron said:

Aww yiss, me too.

VGC master race.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kaizar said:
snyps said:
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7784048128/h00521D61/

I LMAO at that true GIF statement/joke.

i'm glad you liked it! I thought it was cute as hell :)

outlawauron said:
MDMAlliance said:
outlawauron said:

Aww yiss, me too.

VGC master race.

I haven't even been a part of this site that long.  Haha.  Barely over a year.

zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:
SSJGohan3972 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kaizar said:
zorg1000 said:

Monster Hunetr 3 only being on the PS3 & Wii, and they really didn't want to port it to the Wii, but the PS3 sales at the time weren't that good, when they can make so much more money off the game by porting it.

Clearly the original intended console of choose for new Monster Hunter games was 1080p HD consoles, but something about playing these kinds of games in 240p 3D made them leave the HD ship for 3D, when it comes to Monster Hunter.

But if anyone has a more better theory about why no release on even the Wii U for Monster Hunter 4, then I would like to hear it.

U have no idea what ur talking about, Monster Hunter Tri was never on PS3, it was released on Wii in 2009 then ported to 3DS in 2011 then ported to Wii U in 2012. Mainline Monster Hunter has never been on an HD console outside of ports so there goes ur jumping ship argument.

To be fair he could be talking about Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. which came to PS3 last year I think - I thought that was kind of a port of Tri (but I've never played it so I'm not sure, I have the Wii, WiiU and 3DS versions).

Edit: still not PS3 before Wii and has nothing to do with why 3DS has MH4 though.

I believe Tri and Portable 3rd are seperate games. ya HD consoles have had Monster Hunter games but they have all been ports or non mainline entries.

My bad.

But my point still stands that Monster Hunter 3 was a Home Console only game, and now Monster Hunter 4 & up will be 3DS exclusives only. They ported 3 to the 3DS and made the Wii U version so you could play the game online with the 3DS version. But Monster Hunter 4 & up are just 3DS exclusives that already have online multiplayer on them.

Why would Capcom drop Home Console support and not port the new Monster Hunter games (4 & up) and not put It on the Vita.

If it was about Handhelds then the Vita would have gotten the Capcom game like so many other Capcom games like Street Fighter X Tekken, which never came to the 3DS.

As I said before, if you got a better theory about this game which was announced back in 2011 to be a 3DS exclusive, then please tell me a better theory.

Heres a theory, Nintendo payed for exclusivity.

In Japan handhelds are the preffered choice when It comes to gaming. DS/PSP sold over twice as much as Wii/PS3/360. Also PSP was the first strong competitor to Nintendos dominance of the handheld market and was able to get about 35-40% marketshare in Japan. Of the 4 PSP games to sell over a million units, all 4 were Monster Hunter games with 2 of them selling over 4 million. According to VGchartz, Monster Hunter accounted for 20% of PSP software sales in Japan. As a way to regain complete control of the handheld market in Japan, Nintendo payed for Capcom to release Monster Hunter 4 as a 3DS exclusive.

If Nintendo was paying for 3rd parties to be on their system, then the Wii would have gotten a lot more 3rd party support, even if it was just multiplatform games that in real life only came to the PS3 & 360.

The way EA & the game reviewers & the media talk about Nintendo, well, clearly Nintendo has never paid 3rd Parties nor anyone else any money for any support.

Sony & Microsoft have clearly paid 3rd parties for games, but clearly Nintendo never gives money to pimps who try to whore out any titles.

If Nintendo has shown us anything, it's that they just make the most interactive video game system they can and hope 3rd parties like it. Also Nintendo has shown that they never go to 3rd parties, but 3rd parties do sometimes go to them, like The Wonderful 101 & Bayonetta 2. If you decide to co-op a game with Nintendo it will be exclusive. Lego City Undercover is only on Wii U because of its capability to be 100% open world with that particular world. Nintendo let Lego know that the 3DS is capable of the same open world, but with 240p graphics, and then Lego decided to make a prequel to show off the Lego City world in 3D, like you are there in person because it's a Lego game.

BasilZero said:
3DS sells because of games - not because of 3D.

3D is just a gimmick - not even nintendo cares about 3D , proof? Pokemon X/Y! l0l

NEOGAF also said Donkey Kong 3DS port is 30 fps only with the 3D ON & OFF, but it turn out to be 100% 60 fps per video image with the 3D ON & OFF.

if you are dumb enough to believe NEOGAF about the 3DS after everything they have reported in the past, then that's just you.