By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are you getting a PS4/Xbox One at launch?

seems thats xbox one is more justifyed to be bought this year than ps4
anyway, ill get xbox one maybe in late 2014 or 2015. until there we will have the dev kit working to consumers, a lot of interesting project spark games, and also all 15 exclusives that are mentioned in the anounce/e3.

and cos until there ill be playing pikmin, gta, zelda WW, sonic lost world, DK, rayman legends, watch dogs, X, bayoneta 2, mario kart and smash bros

Around the Network

There's no reason to get either of them at launch.

The real question should be, why do we keep seeing 37 of the same thread within the period of two months, just worded differently.

Are you getting a PS4 or Xbox One at launch? Why are you getting a PS4 or Xbox One at launch? Do you think it's a good idea to get a PS4 or Xbox One at launch? What games would you get if you got a PS4 or Xbox One at launch?  Regardless how it's worded, the answer is going to be the same, except for maybe the first one if people just say yes or no only and don't give any info on why.

So for the 37th time, there's no reason to get a PS4 or Xbox One at launch in my opinion as nothing is really that good.  Infamous Second Son and The Division don't come out until 2014.  Too many interesting PS3 games to play during the PS4 launch.

One of the reasons I'm waiting until 2014 is due to what you just said. I'll wait until games like Witcher 3, Halo 5, Final Fantasy XV etc..... although I'm not sure if Final Fantasy XV will even come out in 2014 (I hope it does though).

I've come to the conclusion that unless a bunch of launch titles just happen to appeal to you (which is pretty rare), getting a system at launch is mostly just for the excitement of having the new system and enjoying it with everybody. Beyond the fact that it was bad business, I haven't lamented the lack of Wii U games too much. My first several months with it I was just excited to have it and happy to simply bask in the newness, which made me enjoy the first few good games much more than I would have normally. It's fun to read about other people enjoying it online--I hate feeling left out.

So unless you're super into the hype and the pure enjoyment of having something new, buying a system at launch is pretty much always a bad idea. Potential hardware problems and lack of games.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network
BluGamer23 said:
well Im getting it at launch because Im hardcore and I want to look cool to impress the ladies!..

yeh.. believe it or not..

If you can actually do that, and impress the ladies, you need to write a dating book for videogamer guys, because it will sell a LOT!

Because I want to??? I mean Im sorry if that isnt very justifying to you.

So instead of giving you a reason on why I want a console at launch i will tell you why i like the color blue.

Blue, how I adore you
Blue, me and you makes two
Blue, oops I think i stepped in glue.
Blue, ahh fuck, screw you

Sincerely yours........

I am still on the fence on getting either console on launch. I know I will get both eventually because both has games exclusive to the system I like. If I find myself tempted to get one system on launch it probably will be the X1. I am more interested in Ryse and Dead Rising at launch then Killzone and Knack.

Next year Infamous SS is coming out and I am really interested in playing it since I love the series. Titanfall looks like a lot of fun so both are a wash for me.

Depending on how well MS get Kinect voice Nav at launch that might tip the scales for me. I really think moving around a menu with a controller or even using a remote for TV nav is way past the time where something better should be offered. I believe the voice Nav MS is pushing is it.

I know some people have stated it's no big deal, you can save a few seconds but I think they are really missing the point. Usually usability features are things that are not needed or required but once you use them you can never go back to the old way. I believe voice if done right will be just like the remote for the TV. You do not need a remote but how many people see themselves going to the TV or cable box to change a channel.

Also there was an article that MS is looking to take their voice nav to the next level. MS is looking to creating Watson (IBM voice avatar) using MS cloud. The reason I used Watson and not Siri is that Siri is a few tricks put together, Watson is a complete AI that can understand natural speech. If MS can nail this, I believe it would be the killer App for the X1.

Of course not, cuz the Wii U launch titles were SOOOO MUCH BETTER

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

I'm getting PS4 for the better hardware, and I know that Sony combined with their second to none first party will deliver the best lineup of first party exclusives in the long run. As for launch games, Killzone: SF, Knack, and Resogun. Followed down the road by The Order, Infamous, and any other awesome titles coming to the system. :)

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon