By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are you getting a PS4/Xbox One at launch?

I can't help but notice the launch titles of the PS4 and Xbox One are a bit dry, not saying the games they offer are bad or anything, I'm just saying there aren't enough games to constitute a purchase of the system.

To be 100% fair, I did get a Wii U for Christmas, but looking back I have nothing but regret, I should've waited for the price drop and the games to come. That is exactly what I'll be doing with the PS4.

When you look at the launch of PS4 and Xbox One, all you see is multiplats, some of which are very late multiplats. For example, Madden and NCAA, they're about 2 months late. And don't give me this "definitive version" BS. I didn't want the Wii U because it had the best version of Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. Or because it had the definitive version of Trine 2. I bought it because of Nintendo Land, NSMBU, and ZombiU.

Each of the systems also each have a very low number of exclusive titles that don't appeal to me. Not being a fan of racing sims, Driveclub and Forza definately won't make me buy either system. Not being a fan of military shooters, Killzone isn't going to make me buy a PS4. Not being a fan of linear hack n slash action titles, Ryse won't make me buy a Xbone. The first PS4 exclusive that appeals to me doesn't come out till 2014 (Infamous Second Son, which looks awesome I might add) and the first Xbone exclusive that appeals to me doesn't come out till probably..well...ever (Not a fan of MS exclusives.)

The point I'm trying to make is that, I'm not going to buy either system at launch because I can get most of the titles elsewhere and because none of the exclusives appeal to me. So I guess I'm wondering what launch titles are actually making you purchase the next gen consoles (if any)?

Around the Network

I'm not getting PS4 until 2014 for the same reason that you said about Wii u. Even if I wanna play Infamous, Knack and probably Killzone. The same happens to wii u in my case, the big games aren't coming until next year.
The better choice is just wait...

well Im getting it at launch because Im hardcore and I want to look cool to impress the ladies!..

yeh.. believe it or not..

Killzone Shadowfall, Driveclub, Resogun....

Unlike Wii U, 99% of the upcoming games will come to either of those consoles. So buying it know, playing what is available is better than just waiting. I don't know how it is such a hard concept to understand.

Around the Network

Im gonna wait a while, i just got a PS3 last year and getting a Wii U on black friday and will most likely get a PS4 in 2015 when im expecting it to be $299 and by then it will have more exclusives and PS3 3rd party support will start to weaken.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Because I want to.

I'm getting an X1 day one for the following reasons

- Forza 5
- Ryse: Son of Rome
- Zoo Tycoon
- Awesome next gen multiplats (Ghost's, AC: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs)
- Future awesome looking games, both exclusive and multiplat
- It will be the system that all of my friends are getting
- Instant switching looks awesome and the general UI and fluidity of the UI seem infinitely better than the 360's

Overall, I'm just pumped for the Xbox One!

Because PlayStation :) But being serious for a second, Killzone Shadow Fall, Knack, Drive club and everything Naughty dog + Sony Santa Monica is yet to announce + the onslaught of 3rd party titles.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Forza 5
KI
Dead Rising 3
Ryse (yeap lol)
Down the road in year one for XB1: Halo, Titanfall, D4, Sunset Over Drive off the top of my head.
Biggest deterint was the price for the XB1, but in the end It's just 100$ more.

It's just that simple.