By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are you getting a PS4/Xbox One at launch?

yeah your right both exclusive sw lineups are dry for me with the exception of DR3

but im gettin it b/c of the 3rd party SW i just dont see a reason to get them on current HW when a superior version is available on new gen HW

Play Me

Around the Network

1. Because I like seeing the consoles evolve over time. Being day 1 owner is the only way to get the full experience.
2. The launch line up is pretty decent.
3. 3rd party game will be better on ps4/xbox1, BF4 and Ghost already prove this.
4. I've been gaming on the same systems for 7 or 8 years now.. time to move on.

I'm getting the PS4 at launch because of:-

-Killzone Shadow fall
-Much better looking multiplats that I want like;
---Watchdogs
---Assassins creed 4 Black flag
---COD: ghosts
-Finally all my games running at a crisp 1080p on my 1080p Plasma TV.
-Proper multi-tasking

Also there is all the media stuff the PS4 will have that I want to enjoy day one. Either way I'm good cuz I'm not getting rid of my PS3.

BluGamer23 said:
well Im getting it at launch because Im hardcore and I want to look cool to impress the ladies!..

yeh.. believe it or not..

This

Not only that, being In USA buying Xbox One makes you super awesome funkin cool. Ladies will be all over this shit...

Not only that but I will rise in cool points substantially. Putting me at top of my friends, being alpa Male. I already have the system paid off and a few games, the games will secure my rise to victory.

PlayMatt said:
Of course not, cuz the Wii U launch titles were SOOOO MUCH BETTER

They WERE better

When you think my english is bad...sorry for my bad english,    i'm from Germany. And yeees, sorry, that we've almost destroyed the whole world, blahblahblah

Around the Network

Buying for Killzone Shadowfall, but I will play South Park on my PS3 before I go full on next gen.
As I understand, Driveclub is free at launch for PSN plus members like me, so, I will play that too.
Watchdogs is a candidate, but after the reviews, because Assassins Creed 3 was a reall bad game that almost played itself and bored me to tears, so, I do not trust Ubisoft.
Will pick up all horror games they launch for the system as well and wait for Infamous and MGS5.
My PS3 will remain active, but I will put the 360 back in the box. We had good times, but there is not enough space on the living room.

Also, I have a PSVita, so, the remote play thingy will come in hand.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

yo_john117 said:
I'm getting an X1 day one for the following reasons

- Forza 5
- Ryse: Son of Rome
- Zoo Tycoon
- Awesome next gen multiplats (Ghost's, AC: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs)
- Future awesome looking games, both exclusive and multiplat
- It will be the system that all of my friends are getting
- Instant switching looks awesome and the general UI and fluidity of the UI seem infinitely better than the 360's

Overall, I'm just pumped for the Xbox One!

This, to bad I live in Sweden though :P.

I will buy the Xbox One at launch, because I actuall like the launch-lineup.
I got my Day One edition preordered with:

- Fifa 14 (obviously)
- CoD Ghosts
- Dead Rising 3
- Ryse

I think this is a pretty decent lineup.

But to be fair I would havebought it day one anyway, no matter how shitty the lineup could be, because someday there will be a Halo game on the Xbox and we all know that Halo is the best gaming franchise ever created.

And for those of you waiting for a pricecut for the consoles... How much do you think the pricecut will be? Probably $50 or maybe $100. This could take MORE THAN A YEAR. How broke can you be, if you wait 12 months to save $50? Yet, you are on a gaming forum with a 12k post count and spend a big part of your time on gaming already. This really is beyond me.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

why not,i bought 2 PS3's since 2007,i can treat myself to a PS4 in late 2013

always stuff to buy off psn like movies and seeing as i'm a plusser i get to play a bare minimum driveclub don't i,ucky me,'i'll buy a launch game too most likely

Above & Beyond

DirtyP2002 said:

I will buy the Xbox One at launch, because I actuall like the launch-lineup.
I got my Day One edition preordered with:

- Fifa 14 (obviously)
- CoD Ghosts
- Dead Rising 3
- Ryse

I think this is a pretty decent lineup.

But to be fair I would havebought it day one anyway, no matter how shitty the lineup could be, because someday there will be a Halo game on the Xbox and we all know that Halo is the best gaming franchise ever created.

And for those of you waiting for a pricecut for the consoles... How much do you think the pricecut will be? Probably $50 or maybe $100. This could take MORE THAN A YEAR. How broke can you be, if you wait 12 months to save $50? Yet, you are on a gaming forum with a 12k post count and spend a big part of your time on gaming already. This really is beyond me.

We? What a load of shit, you might think halo is the best, but that doesn't mean everyone does, there is a thing called "an opinion"