By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are you getting a PS4/Xbox One at launch?

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
DriveClub
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
Watch Dogs

I'll be getting at least 4 of these at launch, so that warrants a purchase for me.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I will buy the Xbox One at launch, because I actuall like the launch-lineup.
I got my Day One edition preordered with:

- Fifa 14 (obviously)
- CoD Ghosts
- Dead Rising 3
- Ryse

I think this is a pretty decent lineup.

But to be fair I would havebought it day one anyway, no matter how shitty the lineup could be, because someday there will be a Halo game on the Xbox and we all know that Halo is the best gaming franchise ever created.

And for those of you waiting for a pricecut for the consoles... How much do you think the pricecut will be? Probably $50 or maybe $100. This could take MORE THAN A YEAR. How broke can you be, if you wait 12 months to save $50? Yet, you are on a gaming forum with a 12k post count and spend a big part of your time on gaming already. This really is beyond me.

We? What a load of shit, you might think halo is the best, but that doesn't mean everyone does, there is a thing called "an opinion"

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
007BondAgent said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I will buy the Xbox One at launch, because I actuall like the launch-lineup.
I got my Day One edition preordered with:

- Fifa 14 (obviously)
- CoD Ghosts
- Dead Rising 3
- Ryse

I think this is a pretty decent lineup.

But to be fair I would havebought it day one anyway, no matter how shitty the lineup could be, because someday there will be a Halo game on the Xbox and we all know that Halo is the best gaming franchise ever created.

And for those of you waiting for a pricecut for the consoles... How much do you think the pricecut will be? Probably $50 or maybe $100. This could take MORE THAN A YEAR. How broke can you be, if you wait 12 months to save $50? Yet, you are on a gaming forum with a 12k post count and spend a big part of your time on gaming already. This really is beyond me.

We? What a load of shit, you might think halo is the best, but that doesn't mean everyone does, there is a thing called "an opinion"

Is that the best you can come up with? seriously

Sigh

Getting Xbox one at launch with 8 games extras controlle and play & charge kit for £920 can't wait two months left 

This is gonna sound mean, but because they dont know better. The failure rate of launch units it pretty high and the exclusive games that are worth having are rare. There is always a software drought aswell.
Most will regret the decision down the line when their unit fails. But its their risk to take.

The best/most logical time to buy a new system is one to two years after launch once the software is there and the price has eventually been slashed.

Around the Network

I'm so hungry for nexgen graphics. 67 days to launch seems like eternity, but this holidays I'm going for premium nexgen pack. Bravia W9 + PS4 + all games except EA titles. Killzone SF is easily my #1. I'm a big fan of series.

Besides this lunch is going to be so cheap.
PS2 was 1200 USD at launch (I bought mine for 860 USD)
PS3 was 700 USD (thanks to EU)
575 USD for PS4 looks so good. (1800 local currency)

PS.: I'm not from Brazil, nor Ukraine. Just good old Poland - home land of the Witcher.

Puppyroach said:
yo_john117 said:
I'm getting an X1 day one for the following reasons

- Forza 5
- Ryse: Son of Rome
- Zoo Tycoon
- Awesome next gen multiplats (Ghost's, AC: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Watch Dogs)
- Future awesome looking games, both exclusive and multiplat
- It will be the system that all of my friends are getting
- Instant switching looks awesome and the general UI and fluidity of the UI seem infinitely better than the 360's

Overall, I'm just pumped for the Xbox One!

This, to bad I live in Sweden though :P.

Guess it's time to take a trip to America to buy one once it comes out! (even though Germany is a bit closer :P )

Nem said:
This is gonna sound mean, but because they dont know better. The failure rate of launch units it pretty high and the exclusive games that are worth having are rare. There is always a software drought aswell.
Most will regret the decision down the line when their unit fails. But its their risk to take.

The best/most logical time to buy a new system is one to two years after launch once the software is there and the price has eventually been slashed.

This.

Ask (insert a number of people here who bought the 360 or PS3 at launch) if they still have their launch unit. I gaurentee about 50% will say no. Does nobody remember the RROD and the YLOD?

Everything else in the bolded I agree with as well but I can't add to it lol.