By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - September Direct. WiiU update, Miiverse 3DS,? etc. Thoughts and hopes.

Probably not one in September. We already got one or two surprise ones this month. I am thinking end of October or November for the next one. They'll talk about Mario Cats and Donkey Kong fur in the next one. Also the leaked bundle with NSMBU & Luigi U and price of Wii Fit U.

Doesn't make too much sense talking about 2014 games as that just takes attention away from their Q4 portfolio.

Around the Network

With the exception of E3 and January, Nintendo Directs have been crap all year.
Sick of the drip feed, give us a January style payoff every month and we'll be talking.

So when are we expecting this Direct to happen?

curl-6 said:
Sick of the drip feed, give us a January style payoff every month and we'll be talking.

They'll just have to make up fake games and then cancel them couple of months later over and over again to give you January style payoff. 

green_sky said:
curl-6 said:

They'll just have to make up fake games and then cancel them couple of months later over and over again to give you January style payoff. 

Or just give us more on:

- Tropical Freeze

- Mario 3D World

- Mario Kart 8

- Smash Bros

- Bayonetta 2

- Yarn Yoshi

- Monolith Soft's X

- Zelda U

They have tons of games on the go that we've seen bugger all of. It's not asking much to get a new trailer or gameplay sample from upcoming games once a month. They don't have to be unannounced titles, just good material. What we get is just not enough.

Around the Network
orniletter said:
Wright said:

It would be fair and reasonable that Capcom gave an exclusivity deal to Nintendo about a game of theirs.

I strongly believe that they are working on something Mega Man related.

It may just be a shitty/ small download only game...but Capcom is too smart to not capitalise on the MM hype because of his inclusion in Smash Bros.

I´m hoping for a Resident Evil 2 Remake though ! Oh the meltdowns would be glorious !

There won't be a new Mega Man. Why do you think the MM creator left Capcom in disgust? Cause they refused to fund another MM. He will go on to create this:

About a RE2 remake. How is that going to create a meltdown?

I'll be happy just to see new footage from Mario 3D World and DKC: TF. We've gotten basically no new media since E3.

PigPen said:
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Super Mario Kart 8, Yoshi Island, Super Smash Bros and X (Monolith Soft) should be shown in next Direct. Zelda U was thought about being shown at E3, so it should also be in the Direct.

I hope for a Wii U "Duck Hunt HD" with a motion control gun like the original NES.

They'll wait for Link Between Worlds before dropping anything about Zelda U.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

don't expect anything people, it is the best to do. Like with Wii Fit U direct, I was really impressed with what I saw there, the offers and everything.

Art Style games!!!
More realistically, I figure we will see more footage of games coming this holiday...
Or maybe a new Pokemon Direct...
It would be nice to know what we should expect to see in the first few months of 2014, but I imagine we won't get much insite on 2014 until November...

Have a nice day...