By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - September Direct. WiiU update, Miiverse 3DS,? etc. Thoughts and hopes.

Well a direct should be coming soon, it's TGS and they had one last year, not to mention that Summer's almost over and they got to be getting that WiiU update for us.

So what do you think is going to happen, what do you want to happen?

Realistic hopes

-More footage of X

-3rd Party 3DS announcements and localization dates.

-WiiU Summer update ready to go

-Miiverse on 3DS dated

-WiiU and 3DS VC improvements

-Kirby 3DS (It's about time)

What I wish but will likely not happen

-Zelda reveal

-Miyamoto new IP reveal

-WiiU SRPG using gamepad. (Valk Chron, Battalion, etc)

-Pokemon SNAP

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Knowing my luck, they'll count the Sports/Fit one as their Direct for the month and make us wait until October for new footage and info on the games we're all pumped for. :(

Didn't they just do one for Wii Sports Club/Fit U?

I don't think there's another coming until October where they'll focus more on Mario 3D World and DKC: TF I think.

Soundwave said:
Didn't they just do one for Wii Sports Club/Fit U?

I don't think there's another coming until October where they'll focus more on Mario 3D World and DKC: TF I think.

I don't think that was announced and then hyped up they just kinda showed it.

Getting stuff outta the way.=There was a very low number of 3DS announcements so far at TGS and that doesn't really make much sense considering that the install base is going to rapidly go up in the coming months.

Seems to me like they're saving it. Not to mention Iwata has to follow on his promise of the update.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

it's their fall direct, no? they had some pretty unexpected things happen in those in the last couple of years, like Monster Hunter 4 and Bayonetta 2's announcements.

Around the Network
cheesecake said:
it's their fall direct, no? they had some pretty unexpected things happen in those in the last couple of years, like Monster Hunter 4 and Bayonetta 2's announcements.

Monster Hunter 4 was announced by Capcom at TGS 2011, not during a Nintendo Direct. Bayonetta 2 was announced during a special Wii U Direct at the beginning of last September.

There have been a surprising lack of 3DS announcements so far this TGS, but it continues for about another 30 hours, and we have yet to hear much from several major Japanese third-party publishers.

I feel like the Wii Fit U/Wii Sports Club Direct was meant to bide time until the next full-length Direct... I mean, if a full-length Direct was planned for this week or next, surely Wii Sports Club would have been announced then and not tacked onto the end of a Wii Fit U Direct.

EDIT: Although now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo held a kind of special Direct-like presentation in the next week to honor the passing of Mr. Yamauchi.

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Super Mario Kart 8, Yoshi Island, Super Smash Bros and X (Monolith Soft) should be shown in next Direct. Zelda U was thought about being shown at E3, so it should also be in the Direct.

I hope for a Wii U "Duck Hunt HD" with a motion control gun like the original NES.

PigPen said:
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Super Mario Kart 8, Yoshi Island, Super Smash Bros and X (Monolith Soft) should be shown in next Direct. Zelda U was thought about being shown at E3, so it should also be in the Direct.

I think they will save those all for a January blowout like they did this year. The next Direct will most likely be about the holiday line up.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I would like to see some Game-footage of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Just can't imagine how it will look, but I guess, it will be good.

I think what you say is pretty reasonable. But we shall see next week hopefully...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.