By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japan saved the 3DS, and United States will save the Wii U

1 game means nothing....wii-u has no prayer against PS4 and x1 in the US., Small sample sixes used in arguments = LULZ.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
1 game means nothing....wii-u has no prayer against PS4 and x1 in the US., Small sample sixes used in arguments = LULZ.

yea nintendoom... I'll take your word for it.

The United states players are going to be too busy exploring Los Santos for the next few months to bother with the WiiU.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

spurgeonryan said:
iamdeath said:

Thanks. But let me read my own OP again, where does it say anything about MOTHER FUCKING SONY AND MICROSOFT!!!!!

All it says is that Nintendo was saved with the 3DS because of what happened in Japan. The same will happen in America with the Wii U.

:3 lulz...

Unless it gets Dreamcasted and all the attention focuses on what Microsoft and Sony are offering.  Last I checked Nintendo is going to ship more U's to Japan than North America, so I don't know if what you said is valid.

Thing is "saving" a system means it is competitive against rivals, not just pick up sales.

Can I get a sales prediction for when Wind Waker bundle comes out, world wide?

I say 150k

By the way don't forget us Canadians!

Around the Network

The difficulty I have with this view is that these really are just little things. Little good things, yes, but they also seem to be anchored to less-good things as well.

For instance, Rayman Legends sold best on the WiiU in Europe its first week. This week, though, if I'm not mistaken, the PS3 version has already pulled ahead in overall sales.

In the end, I think anything that happens before the Wii U price drop will be largely insignificant as far as indicators go. There's just not enough definitive for anyone to point to a substantive trend.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

lol. a win is a win i guess.

This is grasping at straws at best.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Even if Rayman U beat Rayman 360, which is an achievement, 20K units is still a flop unfortunately.

Sensei said:
Even if Rayman U beat Rayman 360, which is an achievement, 20K units is still a flop unfortunately.

its not a flop on any console, as ubisoft stated they made a profit on origins and that had a worst FW then Legends

People will either ignore it or justify it so they can continue to hate Nintendo.

They only want to see what justifies their stance, not something that goes against it.

I am going to be amused when PS4 comes out and it isn't instantly selling more software than PS3. It will be all about the install base not being the same size then, but when its Nintendo install base doesn't matter, it should be selling 10 million units per game with an install base of 3.5 million