By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japan saved the 3DS, and United States will save the Wii U

Selling more on Wii U was expected considering it was a Wii U exclusive up to a month before it was suppose to launch. I doubt any pf the other sales would have purchased a Wii U for this game so 20k sales is pretty lousy. Sorry, this really doesnt mean anything. Let me know when Watch dogs Wii U outsells the Ps3 version considering it was never exclusive.

Around the Network

You're really going to have to stop stealing my thoughts. This is pretty much the same conclusion I came up with a few days ago. Wii U in Europe is looking dead in the water, Japan is all about the handheld. The U.S. is primed and ready to carry this console for the next few years. I hope this means we get more games brought over from Japan as well.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

The US has always been Nintendo`s strongest market. Every generation.
I have no doubt that sales will really improve as not even Nintendo fans are fully supporting the machine (if GC did better than Wii U is doing, Wii U has a lot of room for improvement).NES, SNES, N64, GC and Wii all had heavyweights at launch. And while Wii U had a 2D Mario game, it came out a few months after the 3DS version and lacked another great title to sell the system.

Speaking of Rayman, we should wait for the official numbers as sales numbers here might be a bit off (in France, GFK has it at 20k range for all versions).

So, Japan not getting ps4/X1 till 2014, and you believe US will "save" the console?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Ail said:
The United states players are going to be too busy exploring Los Santos for the next few months to bother with the WiiU.

thankfully, over 90% of players won't do that.

Around the Network

So this will basically be a repeat of the GameCube/GameBoy era?
...That's the first time I've heard that.

NintendoPie said:
So this will basically be a repeat of the GameCube/GameBoy era?
...That's the first time I've heard that.

Except GBA did WAY better in USA compared to Japan

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Wii sports and Wii fit u going to save Wii u... maybe?

Looks like Japan will save Wii U again like with 3DS due to Wii U having an advantage this Holiday with PS4 launching in February.

ListerOfSmeg said:
People will either ignore it or justify it so they can continue to hate Nintendo.

They only want to see what justifies their stance, not something that goes against it.

I am going to be amused when PS4 comes out and it isn't instantly selling more software than PS3. It will be all about the install base not being the same size then, but when its Nintendo install base doesn't matter, it should be selling 10 million units per game with an install base of 3.5 million

Nintendo fanbase talked up the WiiU so much that when it came out and failed to sell other fan group hit back. Same happened with the Ps3, Sony fans talked it up after the success of the Ps2 and look what happened. History is repeating itself only its WiiU's turn now.