By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman Legends ..... great game, great flop

Review scores matter but brand matters more. Rayman has never had the brand recognition of say, Ratchet And Clank.

It's a shame too because it's an amazing game.

Around the Network

Well... I don't think delay is the reason of bad sell. I think price is more of a problem for game like that ( Puppeter, Rayman origins... ). At 40$ it remains a bit "pricey" for average people. Spending this bunch of money for kid games, seems a bit of a bad economic move.

They should advertise better how much content is in Rayman Legends. Almost the complete Rayman Origins is included.

Kinda sad. It would hardly have done much worse as a Wii U exclusive way back when it was originally supposed to be released, and the extra attention from not being about two inches from GTA V could have only helped.

Then again, it's not like Rayman Origins was a big hit to begin with. It did eventually leg its way to some decent numbers, but I'm kind of surprised they did a sequel.

think-man said:
DevilRising said:
think-man said:
Good thing it didnt remain a WiiU exclusive then, Sales would have been far worse.

Yes, because the Wii U was in dire need of a game during that stretch, because not much of note was coming out in Feb to compete against it on other platforms, because it was a game designed for the Wii U in the first place, and was one of the exclusives that people were actually (originally) excited about the system for.

Totally would have done worse.

Of course it would have, dont be ridiculous we are talking about 4 more platforms here. There is no way the WiiU would have outsold the Ps3, 360, PC and vita combined if it remained exclusive. NO WAY! I don't even know why we are having this discussion. As it stands it barely outsold the 360 version.

people are strange. they swear it was going to great back in feb. preorders tell a different tale. it would have sold just like the other 3rd party exclusives or worse

Around the Network

I wonder if it'll show legs like Origins did once it hit 29.99

Problem being it's up against super high profile platformers this year, not to mention the delay which killed a lot of interest.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

well, now the studio is really gonna be pissed because if it came out on Wii U back in March then maybe it'd have sold more lol.... but now Nintendo doesn't have to take that blame I guess. Oh and,

yeah, that.....

Overall I'm disappointed in Legends. Origins was a much better game imo. One of the things that made Orgins so great was it's difficulty which has been has been dump down by A LOT. The invasion mission in Legends are very easy and getting the gold trophy for collecting lums in a level is also very easy, I only remember 2 or 3 levels were I had to restart because I didn't had the 600 lums for the gold trophy. 

The music stages (specially the 8 bit ones) were probably the best part of the game, but overall I'm disappointed. Not saying is a bad game, but Origins was better.

As for the sales, well it's expected, is very close to other big tittles so those will obviously have a priority for more people. We won't know if the game would have sold better as a Wii U exclusive, but like someone said, MH Tri and Lego City sold decently well, so we can assume the same could have happened to Legends, most Wii U owners were desperate for software at the time. Delaying the game kill the hype for a lot people. And advertisement could have also been a big problem.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I thought Vita version will sell better, because of the price 39.99 and also because 2D Side-scrolling games play better on Handhelds.
But there were some reports issues I guess, but it's doing great on PSN so far I think..

To all you ignorant people whining that you'd have bought this if it wasn't delayed 6 months for other formats... get over yourselves! Your console is struggling as badly as Sega's Dreamcast was back in 99. That saw games no only ported to other systems, but the original version planned for Dreamcast canned entirely!

Ever heard of Max Payne? Yeah that was a Dreamcast game. Big hits like Black and White and Half Life were also meant to be coming to the console...

Moderated - Kasz216

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.