By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rayman Legends ..... great game, great flop

People were prematurely calling "Rayman Origins" a flop too and it turned out to be profitable for Ubisoft in the long run. Same goes for Rayman Legends hopefully. I think it was an inevitable decision to go multiplat and the PS3 version will be the best-selling version in the end.

Around the Network
Nem said:

I guess this goes to show that just cause you put it on PS3 and 360 doesnt mean it wil be a sucess. This game was advertised as a Wii U exclusive, it was built with the Wii U and gamepad in mind as its very obvious from the gameplay. It was a dick move to think cosumers are that dumb.

They turned a moderate hit in a monumental failure. Well done Ubisoft excs... well done.

The sad and worrying thing is what will they do.

1. Even though WIi U did as well as other consoles they may just decide to quit support.  Don't ask me why, 3rd party is weird with Nintendo that way.

2. They may stop making rayman games all together thinking that no-one wants the series anymore.

I can't imagine them thinking that "hmm maybe we pissed off our consumers by delaying the game"  They are too stupid and big ego's for that.

Should have released in March as Wii U game. Wii U had a drought, game was hyped then and would have easily sold that 50k all on its own very quickly.

I'll still buy it eventually. Just not now as there are other games out now.

oniyide said:
burninmylight said:

It wouldn't have to cover the combine sales. People who wanted it on another console could have just waited. People who wanted it immediately could get it for Wii U. Timing is everything, and Rayman in February or March when there's not a lot else going on sounds more enticing than Rayman in September, when there are crap ton of big games coming out at the same time and in the near future.

timing does help, im not going to lie. BUT what was stopping those people from getting it NOW? Yes there are bigger games coming out i suppose, but would they not have gotten those games anyway? Just take the money that you would have used in March or whenever and hold it for Sept.

That's exactly what I was doing. Then I decided to splurge on Need for Speed. And played the demo for The Wonderful 101 and decided I wanted that more. And saw trailers for Watch_Dogs and decided I wanted that more. And decided to preorder Arkham City Origins. And it's been forever since I've played a good Sonic game...

DietSoap said:
Th3PANO said:
ghettoglamour said:
If people were actually aware of this game the old italian plumber would be in serious trouble. But this way, Nintendo can afford to make the same fucking game for 20 more years.

The game is really creative and innovative but the controls are still floaty and not at 2D Mario Level.

If the demo is any indication, it's far surpassed 2D Mario in controls.

On topic, I second "wait until the holidays are over". This isn't the kind of game that blows up week one.

Personally, all the talk of it being even easier than Origins, and even having less total new content than Origins, have put me off from purchasing it as much as I enjoyed the demo.

As a massive fan of 2D Platformers in general. I don't get all the "it doesn't control as well as Mario" stuff myself. It's a bit like trying to compare the handling in Forza/Gran Turismo with Burnout/Need for Speed.

They are totally different characters who are meant to move differently. I think they're both fantastic in their own way (based on Origins/Legends Demo).

I bought Rayman Legends on Vita, but I haven't got around to playing it yet due to KillZone being way better than I was expecting. I just wanted to make sure Ubisoft got my money ASAP to show that I really did want the game. I was actually glad it got ported to Vita because the Vita version of Origins was the one I really got hooked on (even though I had the PS3 version before that). Though that said, Rayman Legends was one of the "launch window" titles I bought my Wii U for so I'll have to get that version too eventually.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I don't care which version of Rayman Legends sells best, but I hope that it will be profitable in total.

Can we put together the player numbers of all 5 platforms (with help of the leaderboard) to get a clearer picture of sold units? Perhaps update them in a few weeks?

Naturally, these numbers will only include consoles/handhelds who go online, so it is the worst case scenario, the actual sales should be a bit higher.

Rayman Legends is played now on 10.000 Vitas:

The other 4 platforms should have much higher numbers by now, since the Vita version was late.

Conina said:

I don't care which version of Rayman Legends sells best, but I hope that it will be profitable in total.

Can we put together the player numbers of all 5 platforms (with help of the leaderboard) to get a clearer picture of sold units? Perhaps update them in a few weeks?

Naturally, these numbers will only include consoles/handhelds who go online, so it is the worst case scenario, the actual sales should be a bit higher.

The other 4 platforms should have much higher numbers by now, since the Vita version was late.

Are you sure these numbers aren't Vita+PS3? They are on the samenetwork afterall...

KHlover said:

Are you sure these numbers aren't Vita+PS3? They are on the samenetwork afterall...

Good question. Perhaps someone with the PS3 version can answer it, if their numbers differ.

Since it is no crossplay title, they probably have seperate leaderboards.

It still has not been explained to me why exactly this game should be considered a flop, outside of, "It didn't sell as well as I expected it to."

KHlover said:
Conina said:

Legends on the Wii U was at 54k last time I did an online challenge.

Anyone check for 360 and PS3?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)