By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm sorry if I may seem a little bit rude, but. Why do you guys care about all this ? I can't see the difference between those tiny details from 720p to 1080p or even the changes if fps. The only thing is if there was some glitches or bugs in the game, being Full HD/6fps does not guarantee a better game.

Around the Network

We have all been playing sub1080p games now since the Industry was born. We are now at a point techwise, where games look so good that its hard to determine if its real or videogame.

I can go play Super Mario Bros and enjoy it. I can go play Suikoden 2 and enjoy it. I can go play Shadow of the Colossus and enjoy it. I can go play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and enjoy it.

You dont need to be blown away visually to enjoy a videogame. I dont need a few more pixels to have fun.

orniletter said:

Like The Order running at this weird resolution is an indicator that the PS4´s GPU is underpowered, or Battlefield 4 running somwhere between 720p and 1080p ?

...seems legit !

Xbone's GPU is underpowered compared to PS4's GPU... that's a fact and nobody (neither MS) can deny that.

The Order runs in 1920x800 in cutscenes because the scope... to fell like a movie with black target in the screen... the gameplay runs at 1920x1080.

Battlefield 4 runs between 720p and 1080p... maybe 900p on PS4... no version for Xbone was showed

Edge was right after all...

"Our contacts have told us that memory reads on PS4 are 40-50 per cent quicker than Xbox One, and its ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit) is around 50 per cent faster. One basic example we were given suggested that without optimisation for either console, a platform-agnostic development build can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One. “Xbox One is weaker and it’s a pain to use its ESRAM,” concluded one developer." 

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/ 

Carl2291 said:
We have all been playing sub1080p games now since the Industry was born. We are now at a point techwise, where games look so good that its hard to determine if its real or videogame.

I can go play Super Mario Bros and enjoy it. I can go play Suikoden 2 and enjoy it. I can go play Shadow of the Colossus and enjoy it. I can go play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and enjoy it.

You dont need to be blown away visually to enjoy a videogame. I dont need a few more pixels to have fun.

Very true...  Take Titanfall for example, that game basically owned everything at E3 and Gamescom and it wouldn't have mattered if it was 720p or 1080p or whatever.  People can play up graphics all they want but in the end it's gameplay that matters the most and in those terms the Xbox One is very well set.

Around the Network

look at the Sony fans! at full force as usual. Hilarious!

peshkavus said:

#Factsonly 

Daisuke72 said:
peshkavus said:

#Factsonly 

this thread? your posts? mmd! :)

walsufnir said:

The problem is: what means native? Will there be a native 1080p signal transported to your TV? Yes. Will the game render at 1080p internally? Obviously not.

Native means always no type of upscaling... native means render in that resolution.

Has anyone ever seen any footage from "The Order" running in a retail or dev-kit PS4 unit?

I can´tunderstand how people fight for vapor. Specialy PS4 fanatics. A little more and people will be saing the One is on pair with the WiiU.

PS: Well, ethomas, I have made some calculations and considering CPU+GPU performance, GPU being 70% of overall performance in the best-case- scenario the PS4 is 20% more powerfull (raw performance). This is without optimization.