By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
Daisuke72 said:
kowenicki said:
What will people say when there are a raft of ps4 games than not only don't achieve 60fps, but are also sub 1080p? I'm sure there are already examples.

Just yesterday we had people downplaying 1080p and 60fps for Bayonetta 2 (it's gameplay that counts!) now it will be a minumum again and ridiculous that Da XBone can't achieve it.

pathetic and boring, transparent and childish.

Forza 5 1080P 60FPS Baked lightning.

Cars look like toys.

Current gen environments.

Killer Instinct 720P 60FPS

2.5D fighting game lol. 

Dead Rising 3 = 24 - 30FPS with dynamic resolution.

Rye = 900P 30FPS

Killzone  1080P 30 - 60FPS

Knack = 1080P 30FPS

Resogun 1080P 60 FPS

Driveclub 1080P 30 - 60FPS. 

The only non 1080P game on PS4 is The Order and that's because they're adding black lines at the top and bottom of the screen for cinematic purposes. Also don't knows why you're mad, not like I ever said 1080P isn't important as it should be a standard for next gen seeing as 4K TVs will be the norm by generations end. Fact of the matter is...the only 1080P native game on X1 we've seen uses last gem features to seemingly achieve it. 

So not all 1080p and 60fps then, thanks for the confirmation......  "cinematic purposes" lmao.... sure, get ready for more excuses like that. 

As soon as you start saying nonsense like "cars look like toys" and "2.5d fighting game lol" your argument loses credibility and you show your true colours.

My point is that is is not news, who cares? the WiiU does a game at 1080p and 60fps, is it more powerful than the ONE? it's more about design choices.  This is just another opportunity for a dig.

I think the important thing here is that it fails to achieve the next gen standard.

Initially, we wanted 60fps at 1080p for all games. That isn't happening, so the new standard shifted to 30fps@1080p or 60fps@720p. Ryse fails to deliver on this front and is the first game confirmed as such. 

It's not a big deal, but it is important to some.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Daisuke72 said:
Also I never said all PS4 games will be native 1080P.

However what I implied in the OP was the fact that both Ryse and Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 aren't as graphically demanding as Killzone or Driveclub, both which run at 30 - 60FPS.

It's perfectly fine to infer that it's because if Xbone's weaker GPU. I don't know why all the Xbox fans in defense mode when I never mentioned the PS4...But whatever make them feel better about their console of choice I guess lol.

Why don't you compare Forza and Driveclub -
Forza is graphically better (car details, environment, lighting) and runs at a higher FPS.

Does this make the Xbox One significantly better? Nope.

Lol Forza uses baked lighting and Drive club uses dynamic lighting.....

Froza's cars don't look around realistic and the environments from what we have heard so far doesn't look next gen while Driveclub has time cycles and gorgeous environments.....have you seen the latest build of driveclub? The only thing Forza has on it at this point is AA. 

Daisuke72 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Daisuke72 said:

However what I implied in the OP was the fact that both Ryse and Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 aren't as graphically demanding as Killzone or Driveclub, both which run at 30 - 60FPS.

It's perfectly fine to infer that it's because if Xbone's weaker GPU. I don't know why all the Xbox fans in defense mode when I never mentioned the PS4...But whatever make them feel better about their console of choice I guess lol.

Forza is graphically better (car details, environment, lighting) and runs at a higher FPS.

Froza's cars don't look around realistic and the environments from what we have heard so far doesn't look next gen while Driveclub has time cycles and gorgeous environments.....have you seen the latest build of driveclub? The only thing Forza has on it at this point is AA. 

And yet DriveClub has twice the time to render an image than Forza. Can't believe that I have to read this again and again. Just stop it please, we heard every argument for and against DC and/or Forza a thousand times. You won't convince Forza fans or DriveClub-fans.

Oh the poster is a prominent PisS3 fan and will not shut up because he is too blinded by the power of un released Piss4

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was warned by TruckOSaurus for this post.

I said before... after they finished the port from PC target to Xbone hardware the games will get downgraded from what they showed at E3.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
What will people say when there are a raft of ps4 games than not only don't achieve 60fps, but are also sub 1080p? I'm sure there are already examples.

Just yesterday we had people downplaying 1080p and 60fps for Bayonetta 2 (it's gameplay that counts!) now it will be a minumum again and ridiculous that Da XBone can't achieve it.

pathetic and boring, transparent and childish.

Nothing because there are power behind PS4 to use... so the games are upping the specs... games runing 1080p@30 are starting to reach 60fps... it will be a trends.

Killzone MP looks better than anyghint showed for PS4/Xbone for now and runs at 1080p@60fps.

walsufnir said:
Daisuke72 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Daisuke72 said:

And yet DriveClub has twice the time to render an image than Forza. Can't believe that I have to read this again and again. Just stop it please, we heard every argument for and against DC and/or Forza a thousand times. You won't convince Forza fans or DriveClub-fans.

Driveclub is targeting 60FPS.

So say it meets it goal, would that be enough to convince? 

Daisuke72 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Daisuke72 said:

ok simple question for you, let's say forza would only have to calculate half the amount of fps (30) and driveclub would have to calculate twice the amount (60fps), that would mean a 4x change in needed power between both games. 2x as much to calculate for ps4 but only half as much  for xb1.

please tell me what you think how both games would look against each other then?

ps4 is obviously stronger but i don't see that when i look at forza or drivceclub because driveclub has it so much easier with the huge advantage of using less fps.

you jsut have to look at forza 4 and forza horizon on xbox 360 to know that it is so much easier to make a racing game look good with half the frames.

ok they say they target 60fps in driveclub but to be honest, i doubt they will achieve it if they won't reduce something else for it. right now we still saw pop-ups, bad aliasing and only time trial without other opponents (forza 4 has better anti-aliasing in time trial). i doubt that they could fix the aliasing porblems (which they said they have) and run the game with real races and not only time trial and still achieve 60fps. that would be a really crazy jump in the last months before release.

but if they can manage it it would be surely impressive.

The OP shat on his own thread from start by saying "Xbones weak GPU is showing"

Daisuke72 said:
walsufnir said:
Daisuke72 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Daisuke72 said:

Driveclub is targeting 60FPS.

So say it meets it goal, would that be enough to convince? 

Targeting doesn't mean they are going to hit it and from what i heard the framerate in Killzone varies form 20FPS to 60FPS.