By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 4 at 2 million copies sold in Japan in just 4 days!

Tagged games:

tbone51 said:
Mnementh said:
I remember there was a thread about the expectations of Capcom, but don't remember what it was. Did it match Capcoms expectations?

capcom expect to sell 2.8mil units within 7months!

OK, if the sell-through of this shipment is somewhat decent they should be able to reach that target.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Pineapple said:

To my knowledge, Pokemon Black/White holds the record for highest opening week in Japan, at 2.6 million. No other Pokemon game has managed over 2 million opening week.

The second place for opening week is, again, to my knowledge, Dragon Quest 9, with 2.35 million.

2nd is actually Final Fantasy 8 at 2.6 million, pretty much tied for 1st, which is pretty much unbelievable considering that was back in the 90's on a system with far less sold than the DS.

So what are Famitsu numbers going to be like tomorrow, 1.4 Million for MH4?

spurgeonryan said:
why?^ They said 2 million plus.

Vgchartz front page article says it broke records! Nice! 3DS is a beast, and I give most of the credit to how popular the 3DS is over there. Just prrof that when Nintendo super supporsts its hardware, people will come. 3rd parties as well.

That's shipped though, Famitsu only track copies sold from retailers. There's no mention of the game having a 100% sell through.

spurgeonryan said:

Vgchartz front page article says it broke records! Nice! 3DS is a beast, and I give most of the credit to how popular the 3DS is over there. Just prrof that when Nintendo super supporsts its hardware, people will come. 3rd parties as well.

they sold 2mil in 4 days.... But First week only has sales of Sat+Sun... so it'll have a FW of around 1.4mil-1.8mil (then digital sales)

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I don't know how you don't understand the differences between shipped and sold, especially considering you have the most posts on a sales forum.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

It likely includes the digital sales, but we'll see how it all went down when MC/Famitsu/Dengeki goes up tomorrow.

I can't imagine it doesn't. People typically like to brag about the biggest number possible, and we've already seen that publishers always count digital sales when talking about shipment numbers on the Vita.

2 Million? Wow. Didn't expect that much!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

spurgeonryan said:
rediculous.^ But forget famitsu! People in the know know it sold close to 3 million for the week with digital sales.

If I were to buy a Japan 3ds, would I be able to buy it digital from the states?

You're crazy spurge.

And no. 3DS is region locked.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
spurgeonryan said:
rediculous.^ But forget famitsu! People in the know know it sold close to 3 million for the week with digital sales.

If I were to buy a Japan 3ds, would I be able to buy it digital from the states?

You're crazy spurge.

And no. 3DS is region locked.

if you had a 3DS from japan you can still download outside of japan. Dont most people do that? Edit: I mean yes you can only access the region where the 3DS is region lock ex if i took my 3ds with me to japan i can only go on US eShop despite that im in japan!