By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Sales For Monster Hunter With Monster Lines! (Pics)

Yeahhhhhhhh? or Yeahhhhhhhhh?

I'll Say Hell Yeahhhhhhhhh! 107 65.64%

Yeah Yeah Yeahhhhhhhh 8 4.91%

.......YEAHHHHHHHHHH 10 6.13%

Yes Pls *.* 8 4.91%

"Meh" Trololololo 30 18.40%

Total:163

All hail retail sales.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
MDMAlliance said:
irstupid said:
MDMAlliance said:
Fusioncode said:
It would suck to be at the end of that line. Haven't these people heard of Amazon?

You know, though.  It does make me wonder if the pre-ordered copies are picked up at the store as well.

Wouldn't Amazon ship to their house?  You know deliver in the mail?

I mean heck there are like a dozen online outlets you could pre-order from in U.S. and recieve in the mail from.  Is it not the same in Japan?  

I meant pre-orders in general.  You know that you can pre-order from retail stores, right?

Yea, like I have AC4, Pokemon X, and WW all pre-ordered at Gamestop right now.  On the day of their releases I have stop at the store to pick them up.

Would suck to wait in that huge line in Japan to pick up a game you already paid for.  you would think their would be a different line for those.

That's why I always preorder the big games from Amazon so I don't have to bother with waiting in line. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Soundwave said:
snowdog said:
osed125 said:
Lawlight said:
So, people think that this will be bigger than the PSP games despite the massive fall in sales in recent Monster Hunter games? lol, delusional

This is first MH game for the 3DS that's not an enhanced version or a port. The other ones were basically ports of Tri.

Makes you wonder what would happen if Nintendo and Capcom collaborated on an exclusive Monster Hunter game for the Wii U...

Monster Hunter is a portable centric franchise, the appeal of it in Japan is being able to play with friends socially during lunch-time/recess/train rides/after school.

That's why none of the console versions of MH have ever sold close to the portable ones.

Wii outsold everything aside from the top 4 in sales!!!

pezus said:
Meret said:
Th3PANO said:
I love how everything is getting downplayed by MH PSP veterans

Yeah, lol, haha.We don't even get reports from all big shops. There's no Famitsu reports at the moment, etc. And MH4 is first MH game released digitally day 1 w/physical.

@Talal MH4 will be successfull no matter beat it 3rd, or not. No one Final Fantasy beat VII worldwide. They're all a failure in sales? Of course, not. No one Pokemon game beat first ones in Japan and worldwide, they're all failures? ... And so on with many series on Sony / Nintendo / other companies platforms.

MH4 sales will be interesting to watch. But countless PSP comparisons doesn't make sence.

Yes, they do...

Comparing MH4 to past MH games is only logical. Please tell us why it doesn't make sense to you.

cuz mh4>>>>>>> every other mh JK

tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:

Monster Hunter is a portable centric franchise, the appeal of it in Japan is being able to play with friends socially during lunch-time/recess/train rides/after school.

That's why none of the console versions of MH have ever sold close to the portable ones.

Wii outsold everything aside from the top 4 in sales!!!

While I never agree with soundwave, this time he's right. Out of 8 console Monster Hunter games only MH Tri for the Wii has sold more than 1 million units in Japan (and barely made it with 1.05 million according to VGC). This game is the exception rather than the rule.

After the Wii game the next most popular console MH game is Monster Hunter 2 for the PS2 with 630k units according to VGC.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

To be fair, P3rd's lines were bigger.
Still amazing though.

morenoingrato said:
To be fair, P3rd's lines were bigger.
Still amazing though.

did it have digital day 1 though like MH4

pezus said:
Meret said:
Th3PANO said:

Yeah, lol, haha.We don't even get reports from all big shops. There's no Famitsu reports at the moment, etc. And MH4 is first MH game released digitally day 1 w/physical.

@Talal MH4 will be successfull no matter beat it 3rd, or not. No one Final Fantasy beat VII worldwide. They're all a failure in sales? Of course, not. No one Pokemon game beat first ones in Japan and worldwide, they're all failures? ... And so on with many series on Sony / Nintendo / other companies platforms.

MH4 sales will be interesting to watch. But countless PSP comparisons doesn't make sence.

Yes, they do...

Comparing MH4 to past MH games is only logical. Please tell us why it doesn't make sense to you.

Not if you're comparing MH4 to ports of ports.  It is not logical then, because of course a port of a port would end up selling LESS than a new title with many new features under the same banner.

Talal said:
Do you think that it'll beat the PSP game?

No way. Plus PSP had a bigger userbase at the time as well.

Zero999 said:
Lawlight said:
So, people think that this will be bigger than the PSP games despite the massive fall in sales in recent Monster Hunter games? lol, delusional

I see, you are kira. now you're in L's place and trying to difame him with these predictions.

Of course, it all makes sense now.

Meret said:
Th3PANO said:

I know definitely. I wasn't downplaying at all. I was just curious about the prediction of the biggest 3DS enthusiast. :p