By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will be on top? PS3 vs 360

Both will do great however I think PS3 will be the winner once more

^_^

Around the Network
Fireburden5 said:

As we know since christmas the PS3 has been going up and up in sales and hopefully it will stay that way. Its always been dominate in the Japan sales and is over 3 times the sales of the 360 in Japan. In America their all 360 mad but dont really hate the PS3 and usually the PS3 sales in Japan even out with the 360 sales in America so their about the same but the biggest sales have been from Europe and thats were the PS3 beats the 360 and although the 360's winning in the UK (where i live

The overall PS3 sales is well over half the sales of the 360 and seeing as it came out a year later thats very good plus with more PS3 exclusive games coming out,blu-ray programming becoming easier and games becoming too big for DVD's its looking good for 2008 especially wth home and dualshock 3 coming in spring and although theirs been alot of doubts about the cell processor it seems to be working great but im not so sure about the tri-core xenon which has 3 processors were the cell has 7 (one is reserved by the OS)

I dont see how the 360 can possibly come out on top sure theres still all the naive people who wont give the PS3 a a chance i myself have tried a 360, so uo yours (you actually had me thinking you were unbiased until this statement), the menu wasnt as simple as the XMB in my opinion and the heat coming from it! Even when playing a game for hours the PS3 will be extremely cooler than the 360 when its doing something like playing music. The reason the PS3 was criticized was because it cost a lot more than the 360 and even now the 40GB has come out Sony are still losing money on every PS3 sold wereas Microsoft earn around $200 on every console(Honestly, what the hell are you talking about?  They are just teetering on the edge of profitability, likely making A FEW dollars on the Arcade and Pro, and losing lots on the Elite.  Even NINTENDO is not making $200 on Wii, and hardware-wise it uses 5-year-old technology!) mainly because their not interested in the consumer like the disk tray what the hell even the Wii has one of those sucky disc thingys! So?  Does it hinder the console that it uses a regular DVD drive?  The sucking drives are cool, but what is your point?

Also, the PS3 online system is free and maybe better than xbox live and as for those people who say the 360's better because its got halo 3 like all games eventually it will become old (2 things: no one says that anymore--they say it's better because it has Halo 3, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Crackdown, Lost Oddyssey, Blue Dragon, Forza 2, PGR3, and many others.  Also: do PS3 games have some magic spell put on them so they don't get old?) . One thing that i am disappointed with is that games like Assassins Creed were going to be PS3 exclusives and then they went with the 360. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who comes out on top.

I am not trying to bash the PS3 or necessarily say that 360 is better (though I personally prefer it).  I have both, and both are good systems.  What I'm taking issue with is how you construct your 'argument'.  You ask a fair enough (though well-worn) question: Who will win, 360 or PS3.  For the most part you completely pull facts out of your ass.  MS is making $200 on the 360???  If that were true, they would have lowered the price to $200, making them even cheaper than the Wii, let alone the PS3, and started handing Sony their asses.  So: fail.

Feel free to defend the PS3 using actual facts (there are many you could use, like how its' lineup will actualy be able to compete with the 360's this year, or how it's being competitive at a higher price.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The 360. It's losing by small margins to the PS3 and hasn't had to compromise a lot to get its lead. Nearly 2 years with just one price cut, RROD and a 7M lead, the 360 can stand to let some of the 7M lead get chipped away by Sony. They have yet to flash their hand, are making mad money on the 360, while Sony has had to sell off a division, have a price cut or two - depending on who's doing the math - and has to refresh its console lineup just to gain inches on the 360.

You have to also assume that the PS3 will see the same gains as the 360 saw. I say it's likely, but I can not see the PS3 doing it with its current lineup. And another thing to consider - folks that buy it for the Blu Ray only. That's something that we didn't see last gen. These buyers show up as PS3 buyers, not Blu Ray buyers. Because of that, the only real way to see who's winning is - IF the PS3 pulling alongside the 360 - and attach rates are still behind - you'll have your answer.

I do think the PS3 will gain ground based on the fact that Sony is touting it as the cheapest Blu Ray player that plays video games.

I'm cheering for the Ps3, great system and HUGE potential. I just hope Sony and third party devs really unleash the beast within......The only thing I'm positive about is that Micro$oft will not go down without a fight.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I can see the PS3 ending up selling more consoles by the end of the generation. However, I believe with the high attach rates, the Xbox Live subscription fees, XBLM microtransactions etc. Microsoft will be more profitable.

So who really wins if that's the case?

Around the Network

The only way I can see the 360 doing better than PS3 is if they have some big game, like Halo, that pulls in a group of people not from the FPS fanbase. So far, I haven't seen that. The PS3 has the international and cross-genre advantage as far as its userbase. I expect MS to do a price cut, but I don't think Sony is unable to do another price cut as people are saying. They have been lowering production costs like mad, and its evident from their quarterly report. The $299 PS3 is probably closer than people think.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

PS3 is killing the X360. To those who voted PS3 to kick the X360's butt. Well done. Currently in just under 6 months PS3 has outsold the X360 by 1.5 million consoles worldwide for 2008.

PS3 will overtake X360 in early 09.

It's kind of strange, that no matter what console wins, Sony and Microsoft will both lose millions on these consoles. Well, i think they will, at least.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

ps3 in the long run

PS3 will overtake the X360 in total worldwide LTD during December 2008.