By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will be on top? PS3 vs 360

As we know since christmas the PS3 has been going up and up in sales and hopefully it will stay that way. Its always been dominate in the Japan sales and is over 3 times the sales of the 360 in Japan. In America their all 360 mad but dont really hate the PS3 and usually the PS3 sales in Japan even out with the 360 sales in America so their about the same but the biggest sales have been from Europe and thats were the PS3 beats the 360 and although the 360's winning in the UK (where i live

The overall PS3 sales is well over half the sales of the 360 and seeing as it came out a year later thats very good plus with more PS3 exclusive games coming out,blu-ray programming becoming easier and games becoming too big for DVD's its looking good for 2008 especially wth home and dualshock 3 coming in spring and although theirs been alot of doubts about the cell processor it seems to be working great but im not so sure about the tri-core xenon which has 3 processors were the cell has 7 (one is reserved by the OS)

I dont see how the 360 can possibly come out on top sure theres still all the naive people who wont give the PS3 a a chance i myself have tried a 360, so uo yours, the menu wasnt as simple as the XMB and the heat coming from it! Even when playing a game for hours the PS3 will be extremely cooler than the 360 when its doing something like playing music. The reason the PS3 was criticized was because it was packed with alot more things than the 360 and even now the 40GB has come out Sony are still losing money on every PS3 sold wereas Microsoft earn around $200 on every console mainly because their not interested in the consumer like the disk tray what the hell even the Wii has one of those sucky disc thingys!

Also, the PS3 online system is free and maybe better than xbox live and as for those people who say the 360's better because its got halo 3 like all games eventually it will become old. One thing that i am disappointed with is that games like Assassins Creed were going to be PS3 exclusives and then they went with the 360. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who comes out on top.

Platinums/100% Completion: Super Stardust HD, Linger In Shadows, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Burnout Paradise, Shaun White Snowboarding, Tomb Raider: Underworld, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator: Salvation, Assassin's Creed II, WipEout HD, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God Of War, God of War II, God of War III, inFamous.

Working on: GTA IV - 87%, Batman: Arkham Asylum - 80%.

Around the Network

Need....Paragraphs....it...hurts..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

ps3 will be on top

The PS3 theoretically has a more powerful CPU than the 360. The problem is that it is a real bitch to develop for.
The 360 has a more powerful GPU than the PS3, which evens out system performance.

Activision say that the 360 will outsell the PS3 in NA this year. EA say the opposite. So it will be close. Europe likewise.

In Japan, obviously the PS3 will comprehensively outsell the 360. So what we have to ask is will these Japanese numbers be enough to overcome the worldwide numbers lead that the 360 currently has.

Incisive and erudite blog by game industry professional.

http://www.bruceongames.com/

I think, given the relatively small boosts even Halo 3 gave the 360, that the PS3 will remain on top this year and increase the margins by which it does.
We've seen none of the PS3's most anticipated titles yet, so the only sales boosts it has gotten thus far is mostly from price reduction and/or new game franchises.
This argument over the PS3's biggest hitters not having released yet might be getting tired, but its true none the less.
I can see the PS3 steadily selling over 250k a week after mid summer and close to fall, perhaps up to 320-330k even.
I'll be buying my own PS3 this summer, and I hardly think I could've timed it better, seeing the behemoths slated for release in the second half of the year.
Of course, the 360 could have a few tricks up its sleeve, but I have a feeling it won't be anything sensational, everything "new" thats been rumored to unveil at conventions this year seems to sequels that probably won't hit until next year at any rate.

Around the Network

if you guys dont know this, the ps3 sold more than 360 last year by about 1 million! 2008, in my opinion is the year of the ps3.

if u look at the ps3, its built for the future ground up. all the games this year coming out for the ps3 are going to be killer, and with home, and in game xmb coming, thats just going to kill xbox 360. however, if home and metal gear solid fail, ps3 is doomed, and they fked up badly.

all the ps2 users, will ev entually turn to ps3, and dont forget, there are over 100 million of them . 360 is the hot system now, and was for the past 2 years, but i really dont think it can do the same it did in 2008, as it did in 2007. i mean just look at it, 360 released mass effect, halo 3, v and bioshock, and not to mention gears of war still sold, but it still couldnt sell more than the ps3! the problem is that microsoft dsnt really care about a worldwide audience, unlike sony.

so for ps3 to really dominate, they need the games vfast , and they need to good, home needs to be good as it will give xbox livev a run for its money, the ingame xmb needs to be good, the trophies and achievment points need to be perfect, and another prcie drop needs to happen.

Hopefully those paragraphs I edited into the post can help lessen the pain.

The triple will outsell the 360.

Friend Code : 2878 - 9590 - 0767

With all the price drops and all the different models the Ps3 is providing to the customers, it would be dumb for anyone to prefer a 360 over a ps3...

well, online, gears of war and halo 3 are the only solid reasons for someone to buy a 360

Brawl Friend Code:

0430-8083-5276

Cmon Add me!!

Pm your friend code if you add me please

i'm thinkin the ps3 will outsell the 360 by the end of 09, unless ms decides to chuck out more gears of war sequels and halo spin offs

Currently Watching - Naruto, One Piece

Waiting For - Skyrim, Mass Effect 3

PS3 Trophies