By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who will be on top? PS3 vs 360

Squilliam said:
This thread = Blind fanboy.

The Xbox360 will outsell the PS3 2nd half of this year world wide.

May as well go against the grain eh?

Reasons?

1. Awesome games that cater to a different audience this year (JRPG/RPG) and not shooters. Different audience = different market to sell to = more sales.
2. They can make a price cut and still be profitiable.
3. They are in the next best position behind Nintendo to utilize motion controls. Because A, they have one foot firmly set in the mouse dominated PC world. B, They have launched 3 hardware SKUs so they can be flexible and modify their offerings to suit the market, C. They can afford it.
4. They look like they are going to update their console lineup @ E3 so they can raise the specs to compete better with the PS3 technically. Wifi/HDD size etc.
5. They haven't had a price cut recently in North America, yet they're still going strong so they have the chance to grab the Sub $299 market share before Sony gets there in North America.
6. Come Jasper RROD will be a distant memory.
7. They don't have to raise their sales by much to beat the PS3 week on week averages and if they win this years Holidays substantially the PS3 will never recover.

Well said. PS3 Fanboys just got pwned.

Also, if the PS3 manages to out sell the 360 they can thank their bluray player as it is the only reason people are buying the PS3 more this year. Most gamers are smart enough to understand the 360 has better games and only blind fanboys buy the PS3 on hope that the upcoming games will be amazing. By looking at the attach rates it is clearly evident that a lot of PS3 are just bought for the bluray(GTA4 attach rate for PS3 is low) and that means SONY loses out on the console just bought for bluray as they expect to gain their revenue from games bought(predominately). SONY is in big trouble. If RandC could barely sell a million I doubt any of these upcoming games will do better. Considering Resistance and Motorstorm were bundled just to save face and not be a dissappointment is pretty pathetic. MS on the other hand keeps increasing their profits, buying more exclusives, releasing new gaming innovations(x-mote), and releasing more content on XBLA(and gains more and more money from it too) while PS3 developers have to put millions more into development into a game that will have lower sales like how Gears of War > MGS4 in sales.

As of now SONY is in deep trouble(Hell) while MS is picking it up(Heaven).

Around the Network

Actually if I remember correctly PS3 had a better attach rate than the 360 for GTA4 when you look at it on a regional basis. The issue with just using the total is that Japan doesn't even have the game at all yet, and the series never really hit it off with the Japanese. So if the Ps3's attach rate indicates that its being used as a BD player then the 360's attach rate must mean that people are buying it just to look at right?

Gamer4life said:

Also, if the PS3 manages to out sell the 360 they can thank their bluray player as it is the only reason people are buying the PS3 more this year. Most gamers are smart enough to understand the 360 has better games and only blind fanboys buy the PS3 on hope that the upcoming games will be amazing. By looking at the attach rates it is clearly evident that a lot of PS3 are just bought for the bluray(GTA4 attach rate for PS3 is low) and that means SONY loses out on the console just bought for bluray as they expect to gain their revenue from games bought(predominately). SONY is in big trouble. If RandC could barely sell a million I doubt any of these upcoming games will do better. Considering Resistance and Motorstorm were bundled just to save face and not be a dissappointment is pretty pathetic. MS on the other hand keeps increasing their profits, buying more exclusives, releasing new gaming innovations(x-mote), and releasing more content on XBLA(and gains more and more money from it too) while PS3 developers have to put millions more into development into a game that will have lower sales like how Gears of War > MGS4 in sales.

**Sigh**

By looking at the attach rates it is clearly evident that a lot of PS3 are just bought for the bluray(GTA4 attach rate for PS3 is low)

29% - 360 owners bought GTA4

34% - Ps3 owners bought GTA4

I just disproved one of your points at the very beginning of your post. I dont think I should even read the rest...

EDIT - No I change my mind I'll go on.

Also, if the PS3 manages to out sell the 360 they can thank their bluray player as it is the only reason people are buying the PS3 more this year

Oh so the massive increase of hardware this last week was because of a blu-ray movie?

Most gamers are smart enough to understand the 360 has better games and only blind fanboys buy the PS3 on hope that the upcoming games will be amazing.

Is that why the 360 outsells Ps3 week in and week out and ahead in Europe and Japan.... oh wait... That's not the 360

and that means SONY loses out on the console just bought for bluray as they expect to gain their revenue from games bought(predominately).

Oh of course... They are only used as a blu-ray machine and no one buys games to offset the cost... wait... what about the blu-ray movies that people are buying? How did you ignore that?

If RandC could barely sell a million I doubt any of these upcoming games will do better.

You do know R&C was never a front loaded game... right... And you do realized that every other game had a re-release treatment... right? and you do know they released on a much bigger install base... right? And you do know Deadlock only sold 2mil.... right? Please tell me you knew these things and you just aren't THAT ignorant.

Considering Resistance and Motorstorm were bundled just to save face and not be a dissappointment is pretty pathetic.

Um... Resistance was only bundled in Europe. It was bundled from July 13th to Sept. but could hardly be found in Sept. 369k units were sold at that time (And I'm being generous here) 2.88 mil units of resistance has been sold.

That means the bundle only made up of 12% of sales.

Gears of War > MGS4 in sales

Um... how did you come to that conclusion? All we can compare is data we have at this point in time. And all we have is 1st week sales.... but MGS4 > GeoW there... and GeoW was released for Christmas

^that guy is set to commint suicide or something at the end of the year....

@pooperscooper

Considering at the time PS3 owners had nothing else to play and GTA series was a fixture on past SONY platforms a small lead is disappointing. It's funny how SONY fanboys can't argue with what I have to say and only can pick out one fault. I guess they can't admit defeat.

Around the Network

I did the math for you Gamer....in the US the PS3 was 36.2% and the 360 was 30.8%
in others the PS3 was 32.3% and the 360 was 25.9%.

Now please tell me, since there is no BD on 360, what non-gaming activity are all these people doing on their 360's.

Please at least attempt to make a coherent argument and look up your facts, I mean we're on a sales site dude....I can look this shit up in seconds.

@Gamer4life, why can't you accept the PS3 is selling well, and the 360 is losing ground, see i can do the same thing you just did.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Gamer4life said:
@pooperscooper

Considering at the time PS3 owners had nothing else to play and GTA series was a fixture on past SONY platforms a small lead is disappointing. It's funny how SONY fanboys can't argue with what I have to say and only can pick out one fault. I guess they can't admit defeat.

A. reported for trolling

B. I find it funny you are saying "It's funny how SONY fanboys can't argue with what I have to say and only can pick out one fault"

C. I edited my point and disproved everything else you said.

Gamer4life said:
Squilliam said:
This thread = Blind fanboy.

The Xbox360 will outsell the PS3 2nd half of this year world wide.

May as well go against the grain eh?

Reasons?

1. Awesome games that cater to a different audience this year (JRPG/RPG) and not shooters. Different audience = different market to sell to = more sales.
2. They can make a price cut and still be profitiable.
3. They are in the next best position behind Nintendo to utilize motion controls. Because A, they have one foot firmly set in the mouse dominated PC world. B, They have launched 3 hardware SKUs so they can be flexible and modify their offerings to suit the market, C. They can afford it.
4. They look like they are going to update their console lineup @ E3 so they can raise the specs to compete better with the PS3 technically. Wifi/HDD size etc.
5. They haven't had a price cut recently in North America, yet they're still going strong so they have the chance to grab the Sub $299 market share before Sony gets there in North America.
6. Come Jasper RROD will be a distant memory.
7. They don't have to raise their sales by much to beat the PS3 week on week averages and if they win this years Holidays substantially the PS3 will never recover.

I had to make an account for this troll.

1. Attach rate for PS3 Gta4 was higher then 360's

2. They weren't bundled to save face, they were bundled to push more hardware (ex. the massive demand for the MGS4 bundle, but i guess that was bundled to save face too? and didn't halo3 get bundled? lol)

3. MS is blowing money on buying some exclusives, sure they could work out in their favor, but at the same time, if the game fails, they lose money, its a double edged sword.

4. Has the Xmote even been confirmed yet? And Ps3 already has some motion sensing which could easily be expanded on.

5. This one i just LOLed at. Are you seriously comparing sales of a game thats been out, to a game that was release a week ago and sold 1.4 million copies?

You're a blatent 360 fanboy. Enjoy your probably ban.

B

It;s going to take a long time for the PS3 to catch up in sales to the 360, it's just to far down on the ladder.  At least two years before the PS3 catches the 360 in WW sales and it may never overtake the 360 in America...at least before a new console is released.