By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My fellow Nintendo fans, why can't we be more like Sony fans?

pezus said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Why would you want that at all? A wise man once said, I stay away from Sony, Just because of the fans.

I assume it's only you who thinks he was wise. That is one of the, please excuse the wording, silliest reasons I've read and maybe it isn't that surprising that I read them quite often. 

But I guess it says a lot about Sony's systems if the only thing keeping you away are the fans.

LOL.

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
You mean, getting excited about everything that gets announced for the console, eventhough theres little to noinformation about it at the time? To claim every single new game will be either the best looking game ever, or the best game ever??

Sure, why not? Ima act like a Zombie if thats the solution for nintendo fans.....

Seriously, its not Sony's fans fault Sony puts out so many IP's. They put their faith in a company that has become notable for making various games. Nintendo does the same, but they make all the same games. There is nothing wrong with mascot gaming, but some people like playing dozens and dozens of different games.

The other part of the issue I think is Sony/MS generally address issues once and for all. People have pointed out rightly so that Sony/MS, but lets look at the big complaints for each hardware ...

- PS3 is too expensive, Sony's lost their minds. Sony did drop the price of the PS3 fairly rapidly, making the $599.99 sticker shock a moot point after a year. PS4 is much more affordable from day 1.
- PSN was hacked! Oh noes! However, PSN hasn't been hacked since that one screw up
- RROD!! The RROD thing hasn't been an issue for 360s for years now. The new XB1 seemingly has a lot of thought put into it with regards to overheating.

The main things Sony and MS haven't corrected is for Sony they still don't put quite as much effort into their handhelds as needed and for MS they continue to misuse Rare, but in the grand scheme of things that's one studio.

Nintendo ... the big issues today -- software droughts, poor third party support, poor use of the hardware novelty, poor online/slow VC releases ... are the same issues/complaints that Nintendo fans have had for 4-5 years+ (in some cases, like 15 years, lol).

Sony/MS generally tend to correct their big mistakes and take more to heart consumer/market feedback. Nintendo just often times insists on ramming its head against the wall over and over again and has the same issues dogging them every generation. That's where the griping comes from in the Nintendo community I think ... we're constantly asked to just accept these short-comings, whereas Sony/MS fans get their bigger gripes dealt with at least.

Pavolink said:
outlawauron said:
These threads devolve into the worst kind of threads.

I know, worst attempt in a long time:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=168332&page=1#

Reactionary/response can be funny. At least pezus tried.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

MohammadBadir said:
Arius Dion said:
MohammadBadir said:
Arius Dion said:
Locknuts said:
Well I complain because they totally disappointed me with the Wii. I know they're capable of greatness, but almost everything since the Cube has pretty much sucked IMO.

Everything since Cube? As in GameCube? That system was a joke. The only reason I like the Gamecube is because its monumental failure caused Nintendo to create the Wii. Same reason I guess I'll eventually like the Wii U is hopefully Nintendo's next system has a similar goal.

but you have a GameCube game in your sig....

It's a Wii Game...

i thought it was Prime :P

: ) You could have been snarky and claimed 'well it started on Cube'. But you didn't so, Respect.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Dear Ninty and Sony fans, please DON'T change!!! You're both quite weird, each ones in their peculiar ways, but we like you this way!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

pezus said:

Surely you did read the forums around WiiU's launch as well. How Pikmin, Wii Fit U, Lego, MH etc. were going to keep WiiU's "momentum" going.

They absolutely would have (along with Rayman Legends being a Feb. exclusive), IF they had all come out on time.

peshkavus said:
Ryudo said:
Sony defense force is the worst fans ever. Worse than Apple fans. Most annoying and retarded in the history of fans

careful you might get banned. PS3 fans are also hyper sensitive.

how scared I am.i'm shaking in my boots. I own all sstems and prefer my vita over my 3DS but fucking christ Sony fanboys are fucktards