By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My fellow Nintendo fans, why can't we be more like Sony fans?

TruckOSaurus said:
Turkish said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Nah, you asked where I made the observation, my post is where I made the observation. If you're interested in where I witnessed this behavior it's from reading the forums around the Vita's launch.

Ah! But that is just a flawed. We're a 1.5 year passed Vita launch. You either compare the behaviour of people during both console's launch or you don't. If you weren't around during Wii U launch, it was exactly the same as Vita.

I was there for the Wii U launch too and once January came around it quickly sunk in that things weren't going well. In the end, that's my assessment of the situation from what I read. You don't have to agree with it. Contrary to popular belief mods don't read every thread and every post, so your experience might have led you to a different conclusion but in my eyes it took longer for Sony fans to accept Vita wasn't going to be a resounding success.

Nah I dont think thats how it went man, you have your opinion and thats fine, to each their own but I recall that Nintendo fans were pretty optimistic with Wii U for a pretty long time. Rayman, W101 and Pikmin 3 were gonna come out pretty soon because thats what they were promised by Iwata. Nintendo fans also denied sales problems for the longest time, claiming it sold more than PS3 at launch, they were right, until Q1 results came out and sales volume decreased to Dreamcast levels. On the other hand,  Vita fans have been lamenting since the very beginning, they were overly critical of the handheld when the launch lineup wasnt followed up with a steady stream of games.  There was nothing to look forward to except P4G. Vita fans have since accepted the reality, its a niche product, the hardware is awesome and the potential is there, its getting great indie support and Vita TV might increase the install base. The Wii U fans however refuse to accept the reality, they still believe Mario&co will turn the system around and casuals will flock back to the system. Thats not going to happen. The fact is that Wii U already got a Mario and it wasnt a system seller. At best Wii U might reach Gamecube or N64 numbers.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Turkish said:

Nah I dont think thats how it went man, you have your opinion and thats fine, to each their own but I recall that Nintendo fans were pretty optimistic with Wii U for a pretty long time. Rayman, W101 and Pikmin 3 were gonna come out pretty soon because thats what they were promised by Iwata. Nintendo fans also denied sales problems for the longest time, claiming it sold more than PS3 at launch, they were right, until Q1 results came out and sales volume decreased to Dreamcast levels. On the other hand,  Vita fans have been lamenting since the very beginning, they were overly critical of the handheld when the launch lineup wasnt followed up with a steady stream of games.  There was nothing to look forward to except P4G. Vita fans have since accepted the reality, its a niche product, the hardware is awesome and the potential is there, its getting great indie support and Vita TV might increase the install base. The Wii U fans however refuse to accept the reality, they still believe Mario&co will turn the system around and casuals will flock back to the system. Thats not going to happen. The fact is that Wii U already got a Mario and it wasnt a system seller. At best Wii U might reach Gamecube or N64 numbers.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147281

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=148524

Good to see my recollection was accurate.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:
Turkish said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I was there for the Wii U launch too and once January came around it quickly sunk in that things weren't going well. In the end, that's my assessment of the situation from what I read. You don't have to agree with it. Contrary to popular belief mods don't read every thread and every post, so your experience might have led you to a different conclusion but in my eyes it took longer for Sony fans to accept Vita wasn't going to be a resounding success.

You had to cherry pick them from the thousands of "where are the Vita games", "Vita is bombing" threads didnt you? Lol at using those threads as a reference point.

RolStoppable said:
Turkish said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Considering the second thread's premise, it looks like Sony continues with their lack of effort for Vita.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

RolStoppable said:
Turkish said:
RolStoppable said:

You had to cherry pick them from the thousands of "where are the Vita games", "Vita is bombing" threads didnt you? Lol at using those threads as a reference point.

Those threads aren't cherry-picked. You said that Vita fans accepted the reality sooner than Wii U fans, so I linked your threads from last September and October. For the Wii U's timeline, that means that we should see threads like yours from Wii U fans right now. Otherwise your claim of accepting reality sooner is verified as false. Or at the very least it means that you of all people shouldn't speak for Vita fans.

Yes those are cherry picked out the thousands of negative threads.  They were a few odd bait threads with sensationalist titles and I succeeded in sucking you into them. They're not a reference to what the general notion was back then. I lost count of how many threads we had with people claiming to sell their Vita for a 3DS.

Around the Network

Nintendo fans know the writing is on the wall.

RolStoppable said:
Turkish said:

Yes those are cherry picked out the thousands of negative threads.  They were a few odd bait threads with sensationalist titles and I succeeded in sucking you into them. They're not a reference to what the general notion was back then. I lost count of how many threads we had with people claiming to sell their Vita for a 3DS.

I don't recall countless threads like that. Examples?

Don't do it Rol! He's just sucking you into them again!

RolStoppable said:
pezus said:
RolStoppable said:

Those threads aren't cherry-picked. You said that Vita fans accepted the reality sooner than Wii U fans, so I linked your threads from last September and October. For the Wii U's timeline, that means that we should see threads like yours from Wii U fans right now. Otherwise your claim of accepting reality sooner is verified as false. Or at the very least it means that you of all people shouldn't speak for Vita fans.

But Nintendo fans should? Come on. No one can speak for them except themselves. Yet you see dozens of Nintendo fans in here saying their happiness and enjoyment is unfounded

Out of all Nintendo fans, you are probably the worst.

But anyway, while happiness and enjoyment can't be proven one way or the other, acceptance of reality can. It's quite cocky of Turkish to make such a statement when he himself was at the forefront of people who were not willing to accept reality.

As for the threads you linked, why didn't you realize that one of them was about the Wii? Although point definitely taken that not all Nintendo fans have accepted reality yet. But likewise, at this point in the Vita's life, not all Sony fans had accepted it either.

good one Rol :)

34 years playing games.

Personally there are too many good games out there for my liking right now. If you own a pc, a 3ds, a wii u and enjoy the old wii/virtual console games like I do, then I have nothing to complain about in terms of games. I've committed to not buying any for a while cause I have so many Nintendo ones that I need to beat and review.

I complain but I also understand so I don't complain as much as some others because when you can't develop software faster just can't. it's either wait and get quality stuff or get them fast but krapualty

I'm looking forward to great games that only Nintendo can deliver and maybe some good 3rd party games like Rayman every now and then

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(