By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP rocks Ds in Japan

wow so outselling the DS by 144 units per weeks it will only take approx 4915 years to catch up, I think it can do it easily.

Around the Network

I think all this really means is the DS needs a price decrease.  It hasn't seen one in the US since launch.

well its because ds has already sold to much in japan,and when DQIX launches it wil pass it again

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

the psp only outsold the ds by only a little over 100 systems that's nothing to brag about.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Avinash_Tyagi said:
weezy said:
Just sold my DS cuz its not cool anymore.

Sell it to me, i'm proud to be uncool

Avinash_Tyagi, will you buy my Aibo dog? It's also very uncool.

It hasn't learned anything I've tried to teach it.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

Around the Network

Maybe it is because 20m consoles is pretty much market saturation, most people who want a DS have got one, maybe it's time for a new console?

^thats mostly a reason,but it will change with DQIX

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

boycop said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
weezy said:
Just sold my DS cuz its not cool anymore.

Sell it to me, i'm proud to be uncool

Avinash_Tyagi, will you buy my Aibo dog? It's also very uncool.

It hasn't learned anything I've tried to teach it.

Aibo's Sony right?  Then no, i've never had good experiences with Sony products

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Munkeh111 said:
Maybe it is because 20m consoles is pretty much market saturation, most people who want a DS have got one, maybe it's time for a new console?

Is it saturation, or price point saturation?  Will a price drop ignite sales, if so then no need for a new version of the DS

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

What about the other 150+ weeks? ;)

But I do think the DS is actually slowing down in Japan, and the PSP doesn't really need games to sell, so 2008 will be an interesting fight.