By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

Would this VitaTV be added to the Vita sales figures here or would it be seen as a totally separate device? I'm assuming the 2DS will be added to the 3DS and 3DSXL figures too?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

goodbye Vita.. hello VitaTV.
i don't like handhelds so this is perfect for me! I'm so happy!

GribbleGrunger said:
Would this VitaTV be added to the Vita sales figures here or would it be seen as a totally separate device? I'm assuming the 2DS will be added to the 3DS and 3DSXL figures too?

its still a PSVita, same as a 2DS is still a 3DS.

Wow. I wanted to make a thread about Sony admitting that DAT OLED wasn't as great as people claim it to be but now they also release a Vita device that cuts out all the touchscreen features including backtouch. It's pretty much confirmed now that future Vita releases will be tailored to also work without any touch input since developers might want to work with the lowest common denominator to keep Vita games playable on every device.

GribbleGrunger said:

It's not even a handheld anymore, like...at all.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

This is EXACTLY what I said they should do with the 3DS on the WiiU and it got heavily criticised.

Oh well, it will be very interesting to see how this goes. I'm actually hoping this does succeed, and Nintendo is forced to adopt my idea.

Around the Network
TheKoreanGuy said:
riderz13371 said:

Won't this hurt the Vita? If I can buy it for 100$ and it can play Vita games, why would I buy a 200$ Vita? I mean I know it's portable but still...

Increased Vita software sales are what matter here. Vita needs a healthy software output and this could be the answer.

Who knows? Maybe the Vita itself will rebound with a healthier software lineup.

Pretty much this. This Vita will continue to fall in price, this will also help reduce the cost of the key components. This time next year we could be looking at a $149 system (with LED display)... and a much better software line up. This will help the VIta out in the end. 

Now my only issue is why they don't bundle this with a dualshock 4? WIth its touchpad it could be 100% compatible with all Vita games. R2 could alternate between front and rear facing and gyroscope function would be intact.

that's kinda cool. will surely increase vita game sales and i don't think it will really kill the normal vita hardware sales. i think some people won't buy a vita and this instead but i can also see how some people will buy this and think after a while "damn i buy a vita so that i can play my games also on the go or if my wife wants to see a movie on the big screen"

Still would rather get a Vita with a HDMI out, but this can do too. That's pretty much what I wanted, I would play the conventional Vita in my house the big majority of time and now I can just play on my TV like I wanted to. With 100$ this is day 1 for me.
What about memory though? Memory Cards? Anything on board?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

So basically it's the Vita chipset in the small box right? I kinda envisioned something like this (a home dock) for a future Nintendo tablet.