By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

Good thing i was downloading all those Vita games from PSN+

Around the Network

This is Sony admitting no one wants to play console games on a portable.

This seems to be like a poor mans console, isn't it?

It'll be very interesting to see how it does!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

riderz13371 said:

Won't this hurt the Vita? If I can buy it for 100$ and it can play Vita games, why would I buy a 200$ Vita? I mean I know Vita is a portable handheld and with this TV thing you can't leave your house with it...but stil, I feel like it will somewhat hurt the hardware but it will help the software sales.

This is hardware though, i dont think Sony will care if you buy Vita or VitaTV. Sales are sales and if your going to be buying software that will just improve the situation for them weather its to be played on Vita or VitaTV.

Soundwave said:
How does the remote play with PS4 work?

If my VitaTV is downstairs it can wirelessly send the signal to my bedroom TV upstairs?

If your PS4 is in the lounge and VitaTV  is in the bedroom you can stream the PS4 to the VitaTV and play PS4 games in your bedroom without having to move the console.

ktay95 said:
Soundwave said:
How does the remote play with PS4 work?

If my VitaTV is downstairs it can wirelessly send the signal to my bedroom TV upstairs?

If your PS4 is in the lounge and VitaTV  is in the bedroom you can stream the PS4 to the VitaTV and play PS4 games in your bedroom without having to move the console.

Aaaaaaand bought. Though it kinda occurs to me that my Vita should be able to do this same thing if it had an HDMI out. Oh well.

I wonder if the signal is a full 1080p image though and whether or not there is an image degradation.

Around the Network

I'm thinking this is supposed to compete with ouya? Reminds me of the rumored Xbox that was supposed to provide backwards compatibility for the Xbox One and was supposed to be all digital. I'd say this is a bad move, it's going to start confusion within the Vita brand and maybe cause a PSP Go type scenario where it's identity comes to question. Maybe even make devs start excluding touch support. I'm really starting to like my Vita, since Dragon's Crown came out. I hope this doesn't gimp my experience in the future.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

o h mer geerd!

I think it also kinda confirms the Vita chipset is about $100 to manufacture (or less). No way would Sony be taking a loss on this for that. I also wonder what's the range of PSVita - PS4 "remote play" ... it's one of the downsides of the Wii U that you're limited as to how far you can take the controller away from the console. It doesn't work in my bedroom for example.

DanneSandin said:

This is Sony admitting no one wants to play console games on a portable.

This seems to be like a poor mans console, isn't it?

It'll be very interesting to see how it does!

When I read this my mind automatically jumped to "other regions". This console could be a beast over there.

kowenicki said:
pbroy said:

I'm thinking this is supposed to compete with ouya? Reminds me of the rumored Xbox that was supposed to provide backwards compatibility for the Xbox One and was supposed to be all digital. I'd say this is a bad move, it's going to start confusion within the Vita brand and maybe cause a PSP Go type scenario where it's identity comes to question. Maybe even make devs start excluding touch support. I'm really starting to like my Vita, since Dragon's Crown came out. I hope this doesn't gimp my experience in the future.

This is kinda fine if you have a PS4 (aside from the downgrade in resolution - minor point really) and arguments over the TV, other than that I don't really get it.

I dont think it will hurt real Vita sales at all though, I dont see why people are saying that?  People who want a proper handheld are going to skip that handheld and get this instead because they can play full price mobile games on a TV???  Don't think so.

I'm thinking it would have more of an impact on software development. Software that would push the Vita and it's features. As it is now, the Vita's main library is PSP and PSX games. Devs have been leaning towards programming for PSP, instead of doing an upgraded Vita version, since the Vita can play it anyways. This might further enhance that case.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence