By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

teigaga said:
Now my only issue is why they don't bundle this with a dualshock 4? WIth its touchpad it could be 100% compatible with all Vita games. R2 could alternate between front and rear facing and gyroscope function would be intact.

Because lots of people already have a Dual Shock 4 around the house (several of them in many cases), why force a higher price point for people who don't need a new controller?

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
I just don't understand how this thing is supposed to be able to play Vita games. Touch screen, rear touch, and cameras are all missing. If it wasn't for the Vita card slot I'd think it would only support certain games.

I was like. Nice, good idea! Then I saw your post and figured this is most likely a DOA dud. With a single post you ruined the VitaTV party.

Chandler said:

Wow. I wanted to make a thread about Sony admitting that DAT OLED wasn't as great as people claim it to be but now they also release a Vita device that cuts out all the touchscreen features including backtouch. It's pretty much confirmed now that future Vita releases will be tailored to also work without any touch input since developers might want to work with the lowest common denominator to keep Vita games playable on every device.

The OLED to LCD is obviously a cost cutting measure. Doesn't mean it wasn't great.

Chandler said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Would this VitaTV be added to the Vita sales figures here or would it be seen as a totally separate device? I'm assuming the 2DS will be added to the 3DS and 3DSXL figures too?

It's not even a handheld anymore, like...at all.

It's still plays the same games and even has the same name. If 2DS counts in 3DS sales, then VITA.TV should count in Vita sales.

How does the remote play with PS4 work?

If my VitaTV is downstairs it can wirelessly send the signal to my bedroom TV upstairs?

Incubi said:
JoeTheBro said:
I just don't understand how this thing is supposed to be able to play Vita games. Touch screen, rear touch, and cameras are all missing. If it wasn't for the Vita card slot I'd think it would only support certain games.

I was like. Nice, good idea! Then I saw your post and figured this is most likely a DOA dud. With a single post you ruined the VitaTV party.

DS4 says hi

Around the Network

I actually think this is a lot like what the next Nintendo console will be like too, just with a tablet console for $200 or so, then an optional home wireless "dock" like this which also has a duplicate of the tablet's chipset.

Soundwave said:
teigaga said:
Now my only issue is why they don't bundle this with a dualshock 4? WIth its touchpad it could be 100% compatible with all Vita games. R2 could alternate between front and rear facing and gyroscope function would be intact.

Because lots of people already have a Dual Shock 4 around the house (several of them in many cases), why force a higher price point for people who don't need a new controller?

It would still be compatible with the DS3, but the bundle they announced should come with a DS4, not 3. 

teigaga said:
Soundwave said:
teigaga said:

It would still be compatible with the DS3, but the bundle they announced should come with a DS4, not 3. 

Are there really even that many games that use the rear touch pad? This device is aimed at budget families and the Apple TV/Roku crowd, Sony probably has a ton of DS3 inventory they'd be happy to get rid of. Why not.

Incubi said:
JoeTheBro said:

for Japan it probably wont be much of issue, almost all of their popular games skip vita functionality. For the west, DS4 will surely be compatible and will mimic the gyro, plus the front+rear touch screen. the only game that makes the vita camera mandatory is Uncharted I think, i'm sure bend will just patch it...

Soundwave said:
How does the remote play with PS4 work?

If my VitaTV is downstairs it can wirelessly send the signal to my bedroom TV upstairs?

No. If your PS4 is downstairs and your Vita.TV is upstairs, you can play your PS4 as if it was upstairs. Or if you have really good internet, you could have a Vita.TV in your house and a PS4 at your friends house. As long as your friend isn't playing, you can play with a DS4 on your vita.tv.