By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

Dat Sony =3

Around the Network

I feel this is the solution for the Vita in the west. It will most likely be Japanese consumers going for the new Vita 2000 model as opposed to this.

Won't this hurt the Vita? If I can buy it for 100$ and it can play Vita games, why would I buy a 200$ Vita? I mean I know Vita is a portable handheld and with this TV thing you can't leave your house with it...but stil, I feel like it will somewhat hurt the hardware but it will help the software sales.

riderz13371 said:

Won't this hurt the Vita? If I can buy it for 100$ and it can play Vita games, why would I buy a 200$ Vita? I mean I know it's portable but still...

Increased Vita software sales are what matter here. Vita needs a healthy software output and this could be the answer.

Who knows? Maybe the Vita itself will rebound with a healthier software lineup.

I just don't understand how this thing is supposed to be able to play Vita games. Touch screen, rear touch, and cameras are all missing. If it wasn't for the Vita card slot I'd think it would only support certain games.

Around the Network

Looks nice but... how do I swipe the touchpad when playing a Vita game on this with my DS3?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

JoeTheBro said:
I just don't understand how this thing is supposed to be able to play Vita games. Touch screen, rear touch, and cameras are all missing. If it wasn't for the Vita card slot I'd think it would only support certain games.

I think I heard Andrew say something like 1300 games...I don't think it'll be able to play every single game. Because what about a game like Tearaway, where you can touch the back touch on the Vita and your finger comes on the screen...How would you make that work on the PS3. I guess you could just say press X and then a random finger magically appears which you control with the analog sticks, but it just wouldn't feel right.

iieeewwww uses Vita memory cards..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

riderz13371 said:
JoeTheBro said:

I think I heard Andrew say something like 1300 games...I don't think it'll be able to play every single game. Because what about a game like Tearaway, where you can touch the back touch on the Vita and your finger comes on the screen...How would you make that work on the PS3. I guess you could just say press X and then a random finger magically appears which you control with the analog sticks, but it just wouldn't feel right.

As of Aug.
Includes
PS Vita
games,
PSP® (PlayStation
®
Portable
)
games, PSOne classics (PlayStation
®
games). Since
PS Vita
is
equipped with special features that cannot be supported
on
DUALSHOCK
®
3, such as touch screen, rear touch
pa
d,
motion sensors,
ca
mera
, electronic compass and m
icrophones, not all P
S
Vita games are playable on PS Vita TV.
Supported titles differ by country and
regions. Please refer to the below website for further details about supported software titles within Japan.

http://pscom.jp/psvitatv/game/

riderz13371 said:

Won't this hurt the Vita? If I can buy it for 100$ and it can play Vita games, why would I buy a 200$ Vita? I mean I know Vita is a portable handheld and with this TV thing you can't leave your house with it...but stil, I feel like it will somewhat hurt the hardware but it will help the software sales.

I wonder why people are saying this, this device IS a vita, just not a handheld version.