By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

betacon said:
osed125 said:
JoeTheBro said:
osed125 said:

This thread is a prime example of Sony fans dominating the internet.

Or maybe people actually like the device...
I'm getting one and I already own a Vita. I've been wanting to buy an Apple TV/Roku for a while and this seems like a much smarter buy.

Interesting that the people who like it have Sony sigs or avatars. Maybe it's just a coincidence. 

But I'm sure you were just fine with the 2ds.

2DS is A great move

Around the Network
betacon said:
osed125 said:
JoeTheBro said:

I'm getting one and I already own a Vita. I've been wanting to buy an Apple TV/Roku for a while and this seems like a much smarter buy.

Interesting that the people who like it have Sony sigs or avatars. Maybe it's just a coincidence. 

2 different things. The 2DS concept is to appeal to younger kids who parents don't want (or can't because is too expensive), to buy a normal 3DS, in paper, this a brilliant idea. As for the Vita.TV, I don't see their target. Gamers? Vita is a much much better choice. Kids? The Vita doesn't really appeal to kids. General consumer? Vita sales show that the general consumer isn't interested in the Vita, so no reason to buy one as of yet, and if you want to watch movies there are plenty of other devices (which they probably already own) that do the same.

Price isn't really that big of a selling point, because you can get a PS3 that's not that much more expensive, and gives you much more value. The only appeal I see from this is that if you exclusively wan to play remote play (without some Vita games), but then again, the people that want only remote play are a minority. 

So yeah, it's not about if I liked the 2DS ot didn't liked the Vita.TV, is just that I can't see what is their target.

Nintendo and PC gamer

tbone51 said:
betacon said:
osed125 said:
JoeTheBro said:
osed125 said:

2DS is A great move

Indeed, will bring heaps of green for Nintendo

I guess sony loves losing money

betacon said:
tbone51 said:
betacon said:
osed125 said:
JoeTheBro said:
osed125 said:

2DS is A great move

Vita TV+2DS = STFU to people who doomed the video game market >_<

Around the Network

I have some friends that are interested in some Vita games but didn't get it because they prefer gaming at home with the bigger screen and feel comfortable holding big controllers. They have no excuses now. (also because of the price and because memory card is not a requirement anymore)

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

tbone51 said:
betacon said:

Vita TV+2DS = STFU to people who doomed the video game market >_<

I just love how Sony and Nintendo balance each other out. Vita is doomed, Wii U is doomed too. 3DS gets an unexpected and weird sku, Vita gets an unexpected and weird sku too.

ishiki said:

This is sort of cool. But, sort of weird.

But couldn't this cannabalize PS3 or PS4 sales, or divide the userbase a bit.? They're now going to have essentially 3 home consoles, the vita, PS3 and PS4.

It's a cheap device that lets you use streaming services. I wonder if remote play will let you do 1080p through the PS4 to a tv screen. At 100 bucks its useful for that feature alone. The vita isn't a 1080p screen.

"It's a cheap device that lets you use streaming services. I wonder if remote play will let you do 1080p through the PS4 to a tv screen. At 100 bucks its useful for that feature alone. The vita isn't a 1080p screen."

the A: is Yes, the chipset in the PSVita is able to handle 1080p

the PS4 acts as the Hub, while the PSVita and Smart Phones and Tablets act as satalite systems to the Hub.

Example:

The Xbox One will support eight controllers, letting an octuplet of gamers play at once. But that's nothing. The new Xbox SmartGlass app will support up to 16 devices, meaning multiplayer mayhem on… er, Monopoly. And hopefully some more exciting titles.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/xbox-one-will-support-16-smartglass-devices-new-app-coming-50012168/

That was Sony's intention with the PSVita's hardware thus exactly why the Vita TV contains The PSVita Hardware. and thus why Sony created Playstation Suite or IE: playstation Mobile.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

i got my vita 2 weeks ago and i think vita meant to be a portable device not a tv console ... but i may get one later :) , btw if i get a vita tv i can play with my current vita account or i should creat new one ?

NNN2004 said:
i got my vita 2 weeks ago and i think vita meant to be a portable device not a tv console ... but i may get one later :) , btw if i get a vita tv i can play with my current vita account or i should creat new one ?

Keep the same account. That way you can transfer games and memory cards.