By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

if it would play all vita games it would be a hit for me ...

hopefully it gets a 100% compatibility with like say using the ds4 controller for the touchpad emulation and using the usb port for the ps eye cam ...



Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

This is Sony admitting no one wants to play console games on a portable.

This seems to be like a poor mans console, isn't it?

It'll be very interesting to see how it does!


It'll skyrocket in sales.  I wonder what the reception would be like if Nintendo did this first.

It's not even a portable console anymore.



1doesnotsimply

This thread is a prime example of Sony fans dominating the internet.

Anyway I really don't see the point of this other than having a cheap Netflix box in your house...

First, you can't play all Vita games. So what's the point really? If I buy a Vita I should play all Vita games.
Second, apparently it still uses the Vita memory cards which are still one of the reasons the normal Vita isn't selling.
Third, still no compelling software for the general market.

This won't change Vita's situation by anything significant and further proof that Sony doesn't know what to do with the thing other than making it a PS4 accessory.



Nintendo and PC gamer

I have a feeling this will sell really well



osed125 said:

This thread is a prime example of Sony fans dominating the internet.

...

Or maybe people actually like the device...
I'm getting one and I already own a Vita. I've been wanting to buy an Apple TV/Roku for a while and this seems like a much smarter buy.



Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:

Did you miss this?

Yeah, only saw the pics in OP. Didn't see any video. ok so PSV obviously won't require PS+. But doesn't negate the other items.



taddypole said:
Will this be getting any apps like the roku ?

It's literally a Vita inside the box, with the same UI and everything. So I'd imagine it can utilize all the same apps as the Vita.



superchunk said:
JoeTheBro said:

Did you miss this?

Yeah, only saw the pics in OP. Didn't see any video. ok so PSV obviously won't require PS+. But doesn't negate the other items.

Added to the OP.



JoeTheBro said:
osed125 said:

This thread is a prime example of Sony fans dominating the internet.

...

Or maybe people actually like the device...
I'm getting one and I already own a Vita. I've been wanting to buy an Apple TV/Roku for a while and this seems like a much smarter buy.

Interesting that the people who like it have Sony sigs or avatars. Maybe it's just a coincidence. 



Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Or maybe people actually like the device...
I'm getting one and I already own a Vita. I've been wanting to buy an Apple TV/Roku for a while and this seems like a much smarter buy.

Interesting that the people who like it have Sony sigs or avatars. Maybe it's just a coincidence. 

From your signature I've figured out you're a Nintendo fanboy. No wonder you're so opposed to this device and the scattered love it's receiving.

LOL. See how that train of thought is beyond stupid?