By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

tbone51 said:
Does PS Vita TV need memory cards to be bought (same ones from vita)? If so, other than that this is a great idea. Vita sales should easily double!

The new model however (smaller vita lcd screen model) is launching @ a terrible time. Releasing it next to pokemon o.O (You got balls Sony)

Internal storage 1GB on all two new PS Vita models.

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Around the Network

I hope this boosts sells but doesn't beat handheld vita ever...I don't want to lose touchscreen support. -.-

Persona 4 golden + PS Vita TV + 40" TV + Controller = Good time.

osed125 said:

I'm not a fanboy, I like Nintendo, that's pretty much it. 

But tell me, why would Sony fans like this new device when they apparently can't play half of the Vita's library? No matter how much of a fan you are, there's no reason to buy one if you can't play those games. Also, most people complaints (including Sony fans) were the memory cards and those are still present. Why are they still happy about it now? 

I guess most people who said they liked it and only watched the video and didn't see the other news about it. 

Too many people focusing on "Vita" while ignoring the other digital content and the part of its name that is "TV".

Its a $100 device that is intended to allow you access to all of your Sony content/PS+ content/Gaikai content/PS4 content/PSV content.

Obviously parts of that content (PSV) is nto 100%, but its got a lot of other value for that $100 if you're a PS gaming and likely to buy a PS4.

I know I'd consider one if I were buying a PS4 alone. Gives me the capability to play away from main TV which is a huge plus in Wii U's offtv capabilities.

I'll be getting this.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network

to be honest: The 100$ price is not quite comparable to the Ouya because it doesn´t inlcude the stradivarius of controllers (they seriously had the nerve to call this hot mess the "stradivarious of contollers")...but even at 130$, Vita TV obliterates the Ouya from a game library point of view...I might buy one down the line !

so am i right in thinking that once sonys streaming service i launched ill be able to play ps4 games off this thing?

Old vita with OLED: $229 (yen equiv), comes with 32GB memory card, Hot Shots Gold, 3G/Wifi, Ending in October

October: Yen equiv $189, New Vita with LED, cheaper, lighter, smaller, more colors, internal 1GB storage, longer battery life, portable.

November, Under 100 dollars (yen equiv), Vita TV, Media hub with the ability to play PSP, PS1, and PSV games (subject to controller for touch screen games *at least to me*, non portable, stream music, movies, karaoke player

I dont see any of the three in conflict with each other so I don't understand the hate (well I actually do) its generating.  Somewho who is in the market for a Vita, a portable one, will not have the TV on their radar.  Someone looking for a Apple TV/Roku/Chromecast type device can pick one up with the added benefit of playing games on it.

osed125 said:

But tell me, why would Sony fans like this new device when they apparently can't play half of the Vita's library?

Well we don't know if the compatibility of games will change after the PS4 launches in Japan (that's why they have a pack-in with a DS3 for this, the current compatibility list is with the DS3 in mind). The DS4 could provide the necessary inputs, even if it means using a less conventional way of doing so.

Of course I don't know for sure.

osed125 said:
JoeTheBro said:
osed125 said:

This thread is a prime example of Sony fans dominating the internet.

Or maybe people actually like the device...
I'm getting one and I already own a Vita. I've been wanting to buy an Apple TV/Roku for a while and this seems like a much smarter buy.

Interesting that the people who like it have Sony sigs or avatars. Maybe it's just a coincidence. 

But I'm sure you were just fine with the 2ds.