By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

JoeTheBro said:
tbone51 said:
betacon said:

Indeed, will bring heaps of green for Nintendo

Vita TV+2DS = STFU to people who doomed the video game market >_<

I just love how Sony and Nintendo balance each other out. Vita is doomed, Wii U is doomed too. 3DS gets an unexpected and weird sku, Vita gets an unexpected and weird sku too.

now to save the WiiU! PS4 is already a success :0

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
NNN2004 said:
i got my vita 2 weeks ago and i think vita meant to be a portable device not a tv console ... but i may get one later :) , btw if i get a vita tv i can play with my current vita account or i should creat new one ?

Keep the same account. That way you can transfer games and memory cards.

hmm that's make sense .. thanx for the info.

Just a dumb question to nintendo fans (inspired by tbone51 signature):
Was there people complaining when 2DS was released? (I really don't know if there was hate around that)
I don't get it, since the "standard" console is still on the market, just more options, it's a nice thing, right?
Same thing applies to vita TV I guess.

PS: Downloaded games CAN be ACTIVATED up to TWO VITAs AT THE SAME TIME, remember that when you wanna play  Soul Sacrifice ad hoc at your home with a friend, with two separate screens.

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Rankstrail said:

Just a dumb question to nintendo fans (inspired by tbone51 signature):
Was there people complaining when 2DS was released? (I really don't know if there was hate around that)
I don't get it, since the "standard" console is still on the market, just more options, it's a nice thing, right?
Same thing applies to vita TV I guess.

There was a lot of derision around the 2DS because of the removed 3D element and lack of clamshell design.   Though most of those people failed to grasp who the new model is being targeted at...young kids.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

but still i don't get the point from vita tv ? its like having 3 sony consoles in the market ps3 ps4 & ps vita Tv !

Around the Network
pbroy said:

I'm thinking this is supposed to compete with ouya? Reminds me of the rumored Xbox that was supposed to provide backwards compatibility for the Xbox One and was supposed to be all digital. I'd say this is a bad move, it's going to start confusion within the Vita brand and maybe cause a PSP Go type scenario where it's identity comes to question. Maybe even make devs start excluding touch support. I'm really starting to like my Vita, since Dragon's Crown came out. I hope this doesn't gimp my experience in the future.

"I'd say this is a bad move, it's going to start confusion within the Vita brand and maybe cause a PSP Go type scenario where it's identity comes to question. Maybe even make devs start excluding touch support. I'm really starting to like my Vita, since Dragon's Crown came out. I hope this doesn't gimp my experience in the future."

why would it really?

both the PSVita and the Vita TV. both contain the same hardware except for Camera and touch screen for the Vita TV, which is already going to be fixed with the DS4 compatability for the Vita TV. 

Developer's could code the game, and it would be for the user to check mark touch control support or none in game menu.

this is not really a deal breaker , with the fact that 3DS did not have a 2ND thumb stick, but you could get one with the added adapter. this is pretty much a system for the other area's of the house and since DS4's will be able to be purchased aside from the PS4 there will be more sold for to be used with the Vita TV also those that would want that function. Hell Rockstar games Added Game pad support for Smartphones and Tablets for all three of their games GTA: 3, VICE CITY, max payne. WHICH WE KNOW MOST TABLETS ARE NOT SOLD WITH A BLUETOOTH GAME PAD.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

zumnupy10 said:
People are too focused on the "It plays Vita games" thing and are forgeting that the main purpose for this is Gaikai.

yupper's 100% this is a really good way to hook every bedroom in your house with pretty much a gamer network node that is for a low price is pretty awesome in my opinion.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

99$? Can't go wrong with that price, well done Sony.

BasilZero said:
pezus said:

Holy fucking shit! This is the best thing ever. Now I'm glad I haven't bought Vita yet! Hope it comes to Europe soon so I can play me some Vita games. Wonder if PS Plus works with this?

This effectively ensures Vita game support will continue for a long while. This is a good announcement both for regular Vita owners and those who just want to play the Vita games for cheap. I'm not really on the move much anyway, and when I am I usually don't have time to play a handheld so this would be perfect. It's also perfect for PS4 streaming. Wow, I'm just overwhelmed by the possibilities

If PS+ works with this - I'll probably get it because of this (of course it'll go over for PS3 and my future PS4 ;p).

Why wouldn't it? I expect to be able to add this device to my account next to my PS3, PS4 and PSV. This way you can also use the media you bought on PSN. I really can't imagine PS+ not working.

Am I also understanding this correctly, that you don't need the Vita memory cards for this? And you can use normal storage?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

USB confirmed for charging controller and to use with a proprietary little device like a NAS.
BUT 1GB storage BUILT IN! No need for memory card if you play cartridge games! (also on the new ps vita slim)

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!