By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVITA.TV just announced!!!

I'm pretty much sold on this. I can finally open my copy of Persona 4 Golden and replay P4 again!!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
hope ps2 games come to VT-TV in the next yr. or 2.

THIS

I am waiting for this to happen too *_*!

I cant wait to play Star Ocean Till the end of time again!

yep just thinking about all the PS1/2 gamse i missed playing.

im surprised there is this much hype. Does it really not bother people that it doesnt play all the Vita games? And these arent some BS games either, its Uncharted GA(their biggest game) Gravity Rush, AC 3 L. pretty much anything that is touch motion heavy. Now they say the sticks can be used, but thats a poor replacement, maybe the DS4 can be used, but thats another 60 bucks. They say the CAN patch it, but I dont trust that.

But hell, its cheap and to each his own. Ill stick to my Vita which has all the functions anyway.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
theprof00 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

OK, I see where you're coming from. So for you this is kind of like a Gamecube Game Boy Player? It allows you to play the games you already enjoy on your handheld on a TV. It just seems expensive for that level of functionality.

As a Vita owner myself, I would just never recommend this product to someone interested in playing Vita games. Those games were designed, in most cases, with the Vita hardware in mind. Not to be played with a Dualshock controller on a TV. Plus, the raison d'etre of any handheld system is portability. You lose all that with Vita TV.

Well, you might've understood better had you read the product details first.

It's a media streaming device that ALSO plays the vita catalogue. It's not meant for gamers, it's meant for the audience of people who spend 100$ to have hulu, netflix, etc on their tv, with the exception that now they can play games too.

So Vita TV is for people 1) who don't own any seventh generation consoles, a computer, or a smart TV, 2) really want to play Vita games, and 3) don't have an extra $100 in disposable income to buy a real Vita?

That's not much of a target audience.

I have 2  Ps1, 2 PS2, 1 PSP, 2 PS3, 1 PS Vita and I will buy this instead of the pricey PS4 (will buy that much later).

I have a PC, I don't have extra 300€ to buy PS4, makes sense?

Don't worry about the target audience, a year after launch we will see if there was audience for this, everyone will be happy to have more options.

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

JoeTheBro said:
nuckles87 said:
An extra $50, actually. Keep in mind the $100 version doesn't even come with a controller. It also can't play some of the Vita's best games.

And the "gaikai" cloud service some people are now using to vindicate this thing won't have a particularly large market in America. You need a spectacular broadband connection for cloud gaming. I've got Comcast broadband that supposed to get something like 50 MBPS, and the thing typically struggles to maintain the kind of connection (15 MPS, I believe) a cloud service like OnLive needs. I can't even play Sonic 3 on the damn service without constant hiccups. Though who knows, maybe OnLive just sucks.

Cloud gaming is all about the ping, not the bandwidth. 3 Mbps with a 5ms ping is way better than 30 Mbps with a 50ms ping. Back when I had a ping of 0, onlive worked FLAWLESS. Couldn't even tell it wasn't running locally.

sou you plugged a 1 inch long LAN cable directly to a onlive server? wow.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:
DanneSandin said:

This is Sony admitting no one wants to play console games on a portable.

This seems to be like a poor mans console, isn't it?

It'll be very interesting to see how it does!

It'll skyrocket in sales.  I wonder what the reception would be like if Nintendo did this first.

It's not even a portable console anymore.

Probably will, yes.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

VITA TV any version sold out on amazon.jp!!!!
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/10/playstation-vita-tv-already-sold-out-on-amazon-japan/

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Rankstrail said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
theprof00 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

OK, I see where you're coming from. So for you this is kind of like a Gamecube Game Boy Player? It allows you to play the games you already enjoy on your handheld on a TV. It just seems expensive for that level of functionality.

As a Vita owner myself, I would just never recommend this product to someone interested in playing Vita games. Those games were designed, in most cases, with the Vita hardware in mind. Not to be played with a Dualshock controller on a TV. Plus, the raison d'etre of any handheld system is portability. You lose all that with Vita TV.

Well, you might've understood better had you read the product details first.

It's a media streaming device that ALSO plays the vita catalogue. It's not meant for gamers, it's meant for the audience of people who spend 100$ to have hulu, netflix, etc on their tv, with the exception that now they can play games too.

So Vita TV is for people 1) who don't own any seventh generation consoles, a computer, or a smart TV, 2) really want to play Vita games, and 3) don't have an extra $100 in disposable income to buy a real Vita?

That's not much of a target audience.

I have 2  Ps1, 2 PS2, 1 PSP, 2 PS3, 1 PS Vita and I will buy this instead of the pricey PS4 (will buy that much later).

I have a PC, I don't have extra 300€ to buy PS4, makes sense?

Don't worry about the target audience, a year after launch we will see if there was audience for this, everyone will be happy to have more options.

To each his own. I've bought a lot of stuff no one else would think about getting. At one point I had three Gamecubes (gave the last one to my niece and nephew). But I'm still really struggling to get my head around this product. It seems to be jack of all trades, master of none.

Double post.

JoeTheBro said:

Back when I had a ping of 0, onlive worked FLAWLESS. Couldn't even tell it wasn't running locally.

Where you pinging the server...or your default gateway?

The rEVOLution is not being televised