By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As if we needed more dev confirmation that the PS4 is over 40% more powerful than Xbone

ASStronaut said:
Does this mean, for the first time ever, Sony will have the most powerful system on the market?

The PS3 is the strongest this gen though, isn't it?

Around the Network

Graphics don't matter!

...unless you own the more powerful system

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

NYCrysis said:
Zappykins said:
riderz13371 said:

Lol this again. Keep trying bro. I don't think you want people pointing out what Microsoft/Sony have done wrong in the past. 2005...lmfao let it go.

Right, because a systematic methodological attempt to device and mislead the public is in no way a reflection of the company.  Of course, one could see that it went on for years.  But hey, multi million dollar scams happen, right.  But usually only to late night programming.

I could point out claims like 'The PS2 is the most powerful console' but that has already been done in this thread.

Or how about 'We can not pay the contractual bonus to the important people who worked our movie, because it didn't make any money if we add this magic creative accounting." (Even-though it was the most profitable movies of the year.)

I could go on, but it would just be redundant.

2005... most of Sony's big management from that era is long gone. This is Sony's era of Kaz. He's changing the politics of the company and making a vast array of changes. They seem to be done with mismanagement and scandals for the most part.

Actually, the made up reviewers Sony Picture had been going on for years, that's just when a lawsuit was settled. Most of the lower people just get moved up to higher management once they find someone to pin it on.

Here is one from 2002 that was just in the state of Connecticut.   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1870618.stm

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

ASStronaut said:
Does this mean, for the first time ever, Sony will have the most powerful system on the market?

I count it as the 4th.

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
NYCrysis said:

2005... most of Sony's big management from that era is long gone. This is Sony's era of Kaz. He's changing the politics of the company and making a vast array of changes. They seem to be done with mismanagement and scandals for the most part.

Actually, the made up reviewers Sony Picture had been going on for years, that's just when a lawsuit was settled. Most of the lower people just get moved up to higher management once they find someone to pin it on.

Here is one from 2002 that was just in the state of Connecticut.   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1870618.stm

2002? Just give up holy shit SMH Like I said again Sony's culture as a whole is changed. Sony hasn't been involved in frivolous suits since geohotz and ever since 2011 they haven't done much in the name of anti consumer. Right as of now Sony has been innovating and turning heads with their new products. Kaz is doing things right.

And in the end no one ever will see this pseudo 40% more power. It is the exact same story like it was with the ps3 the Sonyfanboys will argue the whole next genaration how much more powerful the ps4 is compared with xbox one and no one ever will see a difference.

The only thing I can see right now is that the xbox one exclusive games look way better than anything on ps4. Forza5 destroys everthing on ps4 and Ryse too.

On the other side on ps4 the games look like knack, this games could easily run on a ps3 the same with killzone, the ps4 killzone look like killzone 3 only with a brighter colour palette.

Grandia said:

And in the end no one ever will see this pseudo 40% more power. It is the exact same story like it was with the ps3 the Sonyfanboys will argue the whole next genaration how much more powerful the ps4 is compared with xbox one and no one ever will see a difference.

The only thing I can see right now is that the xbox one exclusive games look way better than anything on ps4. Forza5 destroys everthig on ps4 and Ryse too.

On the other side on ps4 the games look like knack, if this game could easily run on a ps3 the same with killzone, the ps4 killzone look like killzone 3 only with a brighter colour palette.

You're wrong. Nothing on the Xbox One looks better than Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Wright said:
Grandia said:

The only thing I can see right now is that the xbox one exclusive games look way better than anything on ps4. Forza5 destroys everthig on ps4 and Ryse too.

On the other side on ps4 the games look like knack, if this game could easily run on a ps3 the same with killzone, the ps4 killzone look like killzone 3 only with a brighter colour palette.

You're wrong. Nothing on the Xbox One looks better than Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

I am quite sure we will have the same situation at the end of the next gen. as we have right now on both consoles the xbox and playstation will be a bunch of amazinge looking games and no one ever will be really objectively capable to say the one consoles is more powerful than the other, xbox 360 and ps3 was the whole generation on par and so will ps4 and xbox one.

Grandia said:
Wright said:
Grandia said:

I am quite sure we will have the same situation at the end of the next gen. as we have right now on both consoles the xbox and playstation will be a bunch of amazinge looking games and no one ever will be really objectively capable to say the one consoles is more powerful than the other, xbox 360 and ps3 was the whole generation on par and so will ps4 and xbox one.

Sorry but no. No game will be able to match Everybody's Gone to the Rapture graphics. Not now or in five years.