By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As if we needed more dev confirmation that the PS4 is over 40% more powerful than Xbone

Zappykins said:
NYCrysis said:
Zappykins said:
NYCrysis said:

2005... most of Sony's big management from that era is long gone. This is Sony's era of Kaz. He's changing the politics of the company and making a vast array of changes. They seem to be done with mismanagement and scandals for the most part.

Actually, the made up reviewers Sony Picture had been going on for years, that's just when a lawsuit was settled. Most of the lower people just get moved up to higher management once they find someone to pin it on.

Here is one from 2002 that was just in the state of Connecticut.   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1870618.stm

2002? Just give up holy shit SMH Like I said again Sony's culture as a whole is changed. Sony hasn't been involved in frivolous suits since geohotz and ever since 2011 they haven't done much in the name of anti consumer. Right as of now Sony has been innovating and turning heads with their new products. Kaz is doing things right.

Well, I would hope you are right, but from their actions, sure seems the culture is still there.  Look at how they messed up the HD disk format and causing yet another format war.  Like they did in the VHS/Beta days.  Sure, they have changed, changed the logo from a PS3 to a PS4, that's some change right there.  And hopefully, a few executives even changed their underwear.

Yes, yes, turning heads with that massive piece of innovation called the 'PlayStation4 Eye.'   Doesn't look like anything anyone else has made.  They even say it might have 'voice recognition.' Clearly, nobody had ever done that on a Video Game Console before.

Can't wait till they add feedback triggers and talk how they innovated that.

You're really reaching arnt you?

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Zappykins said:
NYCrysis said:
Zappykins said:
NYCrysis said:

2005... most of Sony's big management from that era is long gone. This is Sony's era of Kaz. He's changing the politics of the company and making a vast array of changes. They seem to be done with mismanagement and scandals for the most part.

Actually, the made up reviewers Sony Picture had been going on for years, that's just when a lawsuit was settled. Most of the lower people just get moved up to higher management once they find someone to pin it on.

Here is one from 2002 that was just in the state of Connecticut.   http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1870618.stm

2002? Just give up holy shit SMH Like I said again Sony's culture as a whole is changed. Sony hasn't been involved in frivolous suits since geohotz and ever since 2011 they haven't done much in the name of anti consumer. Right as of now Sony has been innovating and turning heads with their new products. Kaz is doing things right.

Well, I would hope you are right, but from their actions, sure seems the culture is still there.  Look at how they messed up the HD disk format and causing yet another format war.  Like they did in the VHS/Beta days.  Sure, they have changed, changed the logo from a PS3 to a PS4, that's some change right there.  And hopefully, a few executives even changed their underwear.

Yes, yes, turning heads with that massive piece of innovation called the 'PlayStation4 Eye.'   Doesn't look like anything anyone else has made.  They even say it might have 'voice recognition.' Clearly, nobody had ever done that on a Video Game Console before.

So glad to have you as a fan.  Always nice to know you are reading my post.  It warms the butter of my heart.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Zappykins said:
NYCrysis said:
Zappykins said:
NYCrysis said:

So glad to have you as a fan.  Always nice to know you are reading my post.  It warms the butter of my heart.

Na, I just read the whole thread. 

Zappykins said:

Kinect meet ps2's kinetic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4d5anfjnA sony had the idea 1st, M$ just improved on it. Sony's copying sony again those douches!!! Also speaking of voice recog., it's been around on a plethora of devices for a really long time so it's natural for Sony to include it in the ps4 its just progress. 

NYCrysis said:
Zappykins said:

Kinect meet ps2's kinetic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4d5anfjnA sony had the idea 1st, M$ just improved on it. Sony's copying sony again those douches!!! Also speaking of voice recog., it's been around on a plethora of devices for a really long time so it's natural for Sony to include it in the ps4 its just progress. 

As with any tech, most of it has been around for some time, its getting it to work right and create an experience which is the key.  Making a product better is what companies do.  It matters not who is first, it only matters who is better.  Who can make the product work the way people feel it should work.  There is a video in 1989 showing MS working with motion controls to navigate windows.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
NYCrysis said:
Zappykins said:

As with any tech, most of it has been around for some time, its getting it to work right and create an experience which is the key.  Making a product better is what companies do.  It matters not who is first, it only matters who is better.  Who can make the product work the way people feel it should work.  There is a video in 1989 showing MS working with motion controls to navigate windows.

While i agree with you. you can't discredit Sony and make them out to be the copy cats when they where doing it for a long time. (not saying you are)

BuckStud said:
radha said:
J_Allard said:
radha said:
Madword said:

While I will be buying the PS4 and Xbox One at some point (first time since the NES for me not buying new systems at launch), the bickering on here over power is hilarious.  My i7 says hi to your puny little consoles :)....  Anyway, anyone who thinks that the power of the console is all inportant really isn't a true gamer.

I dont get comparing PC to consoles, you can run a game with all at max on a US$2k PC, sure, well you can simulate protein folding on the Blue gene, that is more power than any gaming PC now it just cost millions.

My point is, consoles give you the best techonology for your money. Also they are more reliable than the hardware you would get by building a PC with the same budget that a console cost, they are easy to setup and have a standarized hardware that can be optimezed for years , easy to setup, no dealing with the OS, can play on the couch, etc.

You want power at all cost, go build a Blue Gene clone (then you can mock everyone in the world), you want the best gaming tech for reasonable price, get a console.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
NYCrysis said:
Zappykins said:

While i agree with you. you can't discredit Sony and make them out to be the copy cats when they where doing it for a long time. (not saying you are)

I never discredit any company for making a product, thats what fanboys do.  Instead, I just want the best product any company can produce.   I leave who did what first to the people who have some corporate affiliation.

radha said:
This is brand loyalty,  giving away extra money for less features.

You have a strange definition of "less features". For what you get in each box for $400/500, you can:

Play games
Watch movies

Except on Xbone I can also use Kinect, and use the Xbone guide on my television (not counting any of the Gold-exclusive features of that guide). The consoles are virtually the same. PS4 has slightly better hardware, Xbox One has more hardware (Kinect, a real mic).

You have no idea what features Live will have versus PSN next gen, so there is no way for you to tell me I am "paying more for less features" there either. And again, this is assuming I pay the MSRP $60 for XBL, which I do not.

Netflix is an unused feature for me regardless of which service I am using, so it seems you went 0/3 here.

radha said:

You expeculate that the indies are timed exclusive and that titan fall is not when there is no evidence of any of those assumtions.

Two problems with this response.

1. They were announced at E3 as "timed exclusive" games. It is common knowledge that these games are timed exclusive. We can also safely say that yes, Titanfall is a timed exclusive. But here's number two:

2. I can also safely say that if I were to give a grade of importance on indie titles and Titanfall, that Titanfall gets an A+ and the indies get a C or a D+.

radha said:

Relevant only when pairded with the best developers, Sony has better first party studios, and the fact they for the first time have access to a more powerfull easy to program console will make a difference compared to pass generations

PS3 was more powerful this gen and Sony 1st party games looked the best. Again, irrelevant to me. If this matters a lot to someone, they shouldn't bother with consoles as PC's look even better.

radha said:

a widely shared one, just look at the metacritics scores, also pay attention to who has the most innovatives titles.

A widely shared opinion depending on where you are asking. Innovation is a factually measurable component? I am starting to sense some brand loyalty myself.

radha said:
Exactly, easier programming means better and more games, but oh well

Yet you're saying PS3 games were better than games on the much easier to program on 360.

radha said:
You, in this case might have some unjustified reasons, there is a difference between a reason and justification, here you have your reasons, no justification. Giving away more money for less features cant be justified, also ignoring historical facts, like the DRM fiasco, content overlapping with PC, yada yada.

I'm shocked that you think they are unjustified.

SnakeEyez said:
ironmanDX said:
Other devs have said the consoles are comparable and it's hard to tell the difference. This won't stop the rumours and is hardly proof. One is wrong though obviously, just wait till the 29th....

Well you can say that a Ferarri and a Lamborghini are comparable but one is still faster than the other.

Ummmm.  Depends on the Ferrari and depends on the Lambo.  That's a terrible analogy.