By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Five Big Changes Coming to MGSV. What are your thoughts on this?

Tagged games:

I really hate the first one. In fact that could ruin the entire game for me. It already destroys the difficulty so beating the game on higher difficulty modes won't be as satisfying as earlier games. This regenerating health crap is fine in shooters, but keep it out of my stealth games.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Not a big fan of regenerating health but I more than welcome a reduction in cutscenes. What I'd really want is for the story to be closer to MGS1 where it was gripping and full of twists without being full of itself and overblown.

Signature goes here!

AZWification said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
AZWification said:

I hope I won't need to make a top 20 most disappointing games and put MGSV on it. I HOPE! Because  removing the health bar is dumb.

Kojima always delivers. I agree about the health bar though. He should have kept it there. It's almost iconic to the series. Like that last fight with Ocelot in MGS4 and those different sequences with the health bars.

Yeah... I still hope MGSV will be a great experience...  I didn't have that many problems with the cutscenes in MGS4... Maybe I just have too much time on my hands..

Contrary to most people, I didn't have a problem with the cutscenes either! I enjoyed watching them, just like when I sit down and watch a movie or some TV show or anime. It helped that everything felt very cinematic and each scene felt like it was done through the eyes of a film director.

Although the cutscenes were no joke in MGS 1-3 as well, so I hope Kojima doesn't just abandon cutscenes as a way of narrating the story and still keeps them as a big part for MGSV.

TheKoreanGuy said:
AZWification said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
AZWification said:

I hope I won't need to make a top 20 most disappointing games and put MGSV on it. I HOPE! Because  removing the health bar is dumb.

Kojima always delivers. I agree about the health bar though. He should have kept it there. It's almost iconic to the series. Like that last fight with Ocelot in MGS4 and those different sequences with the health bars.

Yeah... I still hope MGSV will be a great experience...  I didn't have that many problems with the cutscenes in MGS4... Maybe I just have too much time on my hands..

Contrary to most people, I didn't have a problem with the cutscenes either! I enjoyed watching them, just like when I sit down and watch a movie or some TV show or anime. It helped that everything felt very cinematic and each scene felt like it was done through the eyes of a film director.

Although the cutscenes were no joke in MGS 1-3 as well, so I hope Kojima doesn't just abandon cutscenes as a way of narrating the story and still keeps them as a big part for MGSV.

Kojima  can deliver..... if he stops paying so much attention to erotism..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Xxain said:
1&2 suck 3 maybe,4 maybe, 5 great.

The thing with number 2 is both ways have pros and cons. Since Kojima plans on keeping the screen clean for a more immersive experience, one thing he could do is try and appease both sides. One way could be to have the key relevant information displayed on the screen, but in a more natural way. Dead Space is one example and does this really well while keeping the screen completely clean. Another (and more simpler) way is to have both options there. Cause why not?

Around the Network

Number 1 really sucks. I have always hated regen health in all games with a few exceptions, 2 can go go either way and the rest seem fine. I'm trying not to get too hyped or else I'll just be setting myself up for disappointment.

#1 is upsetting.

Still going to get this though.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

3 sounds good to me, but 2 and 4 could go wrong, 5 sounds weird, and I dislike 1.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
3 sounds good to me, but 2 and 4 could go wrong, 5 sounds weird, and I dislike 1.

In regards to #3, I remember when I was playing MGS3, for whatever reason I kept getting alerted a lot during the beginning of the game. Then I would have to sit there, hiding and waiting out a really long ass timer for both Alert and Caution. Lol and every time they find a body lying around, the timer resets and I'm like Fuuuuuuuuu... and then when the caution phase is finally over, I come out and get into alert mode again. That's when I reset the game.

I hate number 1. The rest sounds interesting.

EDIT: After thinking about it a bit.. number 3 sounds ok until I hit this part "You can even see which direction you were spotted from"... eehhh... I hope that's just on the easier difficulties. 

4 ≈ One